Reward for participating in closed beta

+
Reward for participating in closed beta

Hello
I'm really happy that CD Projekt will give us kegs for levels and ranks. Unfortunately I'm a bit sad when I think about animated Geralt card. It is kinda weak and will be probably not used by most of the players. I think that better option would be to let each player to choose one card (normal or animated) of those who player own that would be transfered from closed beta to open beta. Such reward would be more useful for almost everyone and we would feel more appreciated as beta testers. Everyone would get their own favorite card and everyone would be more satisfied every time by playing it. What do you think about such change? Will CD Projekt consider such thing?
Sorry for my poor english.

Isn't participating in the closed beta a reward of its own? Everything else you get (kegs for levels) is just a bonus. Having said that, getting more rewards is always a good thing.

PS. Your English is fine.

Well, they want to give us one card as a bonus. Wouldn't it be better if we choose what is it? Getting a card which is almost never used makes for me no sense.

I personally think it's fine to get Geralt, in most other games (not just CCG's), you're given mostly a vanity reward for testing, something you can show off, regardless of whether you use it actively. I think it's a good idea for it to be Geralt because he's the iconic main character and regardless he's played in every deck when you have no cards and are just starting out because a vanilla 12 strength is handy enough. Dunno, that's just me, I feel like if everyone picked their favorite, everyone would just pick the most overpowered card and would take out any reason for considering it down the line.

Guys CDPR is already so generous givin stuff from closed beta. Stop being dick and be happy you got what they offered. They could give use nothin except knowledge of mechanics

zantclick;n8130600 said:
something you can show off
Geralt will be shown off for like 1 week. Then when people will get better decks it will be forgotten forever. Its animation won't please anyone after this one week.
zantclick;n8130600 said:
I feel like if everyone picked their favorite, everyone would just pick the most overpowered
As we know cards are reworked or nerfed quite often so this OP card wouldn't be op for so long. BTW I think that most people would just take the card which is animated, not this one which is op. I for example have only animated Vilgefortz. I have many better legendaries, but animated would be still my first choice.
Kingoko;n8130680 said:
Guys CDPR is already so generous givin stuff from closed beta. Stop being dick and be happy you got what they offered. They could give use nothin except knowledge of mechanics
I never took part in any beta testings that's why I probably want too much, but I think CD Projekt shouldn't really care which card we would get for open beta. The most important for them should be quantity - just one.

Last edited:
Zdolik;n8135180 said:
Which cards can we keep after the reset as a gift? (like the premium Geralt card)

The only thing confirmed by the devs is the premium Geralt card. They did mention possible other gifts. But it's not yet known what those are.

An exclusive card back would be nice. It doesn't affect gameplay, but it does show you've participated in the closed beta.

Zdolik;n8135180 said:
Which cards can we keep after the reset as a gift? (like the premium Geralt card)

It was only my suggestion that instead of keeping Geralt 12, we could choose one card out of those that we own right now. I just got animated Vilgefotz and I can't imagine my open beta without him xd

4RM3D;n8135500 said:
It doesn't affect gameplay, but it does show you've participated in the closed beta.

Excatly. With one gold card I will not be invincible against newbie player.

Last edited:
Reynevann;n8135520 said:
Excatly. With one gold card I will not be invincible against newbie player.

You've quoted me out of context. I said that an exclusive card back (sleeve) won't affect the gameplay. One gold card does affect it. Still, the impact is so small it's neglectable.

well, there will be the reset, and a 12 point neutral gold card will be nice to have in any starter deck imo. plus with all the kegs we get for player/ranked lvl's we should be able to swap it out for something better. very happy with the way the dev's are handling the reset. it'll be like a Qwentmas morning,.. lots of stuff to open.

Reynevann;n8134610 said:
Geralt will be shown off for like 1 week. Then when people will get better decks it will be forgotten forever. Its animation won't please anyone after this one week.
I completely disagree - if everyone played in the beta and got Geralt, what is there to show off? The point is that he will be a nice nod to people who were in the beta months or potentially years down the road to signify you were there at the start. He increases in value as time goes on, if that makes sense.

Reynevann;n8134610 said:
As we know cards are reworked or nerfed quite often so this OP card wouldn't be op for so long. BTW I think that most people would just take the card which is animated, not this one which is op. I for example have only animated Vilgefortz. I have many better legendaries, but animated would be still my first choice.
I get that you would, and I agree, Vilg looks great, but if theoretically YenCon stayed exactly as she was now and remained an auto-include in a lot of decks, I'd take her (assuming she was premium eventually) regardless of how good/bad she might look because I'll wind up using her the most and she'll easily win me a bunch of early games. Maybe Villen for the same reason (except he's legendary, so I'd be saving a lot more scraps). I don't think it would make sense for someone to pick a premium Torrential Rain because they like the animation a lot (which is a hypothetical possibility) while others got premium Vilgefortzes and when played against each other received wildly different levels of power... especially when first starting out.

HenryGrosmont;n8139650 said:
Geralt isn't a weak card. Nor will it be after the patch. Just sayin'...
12 power isn't going to make the cut at high level tho.

zantclick;n8136170 said:
I completely disagree - if everyone played in the beta and got Geralt, what is there to show off? The point is that he will be a nice nod to people who were in the beta months or potentially years down the road to signify you were there at the start. He increases in value as time goes on, if that makes sense.
What value? Anyone can craft him premium (not that there is any reason to do so since he sucks).

Last edited:
Still think that getting one card out of those which we got from the kegs would be better option than Geralt. It will be boring when everyone will have the same card. In my opinion one gold card shouldn't be a big deal for CD Projekt. If someone really likes Geralt 12, then you could choose it of course. This change would be good for most of us. Neutral for few.
I understand that I would be one gold card ahead newbies, but when I started playing this game in march I was also forced many times to play starter deck vs weather with Nithral and Caretaker and still managed to climb.

DMaster2;n8141660 said:
12 vanilla strength on a gold card? Not really. I've yet to see a geralt played against me since rank 7

I've seen Geralt + Roach in a NR deck. Playing Geralt first, gives you 17 strength total. That (potentially) gives you quite a CA.

DMaster2;n8141660 said:
12 vanilla strength on a gold card? Not really. I've yet to see a geralt played against me since rank 7
One of the decks I run has a 74 percent winning rate with him on 4000-4300 mmr. Do with that what you will...

Top Bottom