Is there a Scoia'tael deck combot that allows 2 scorches?

+
Is there a Scoia'tael deck combot that allows 2 scorches?

I just got beaten by a Scoia'tael deck that played back to back scorches in round 3. It was his 2 of his last 3 plays. 1 was played from his hand, the other was played through Broover (the leader card).

Broover's text reads the silver card is played from your deck (not your graveyard).

Unfortunately, when the 2nd one was played, I was out of cards already, and I didn't have time to grab a screenshot of his graveyard as proof. But sure enough, his last 2 graveyard cards when game ended were Scorch.

I hadn't played any cards that create duplicates in opponents deck, and the only duplicate card he played was Operator. But it only affects units (per text) and it created a Dwarf on both sides.

Any thoughts?

idomyownstunts;n7334050 said:
There's a special card that plays a copy of the last played special card. It's name escapes me.

Nature's Gift

You can have 4 scorches total:
  1. Scorch
  2. Nature's Gift
  3. (a lucky) Johnny
  4. Aglaïs

I'm familiar with the card you're referring to, but that wasn't it. It was done with his leader, Brouver, the second time played. That means he would have had to already possess two copies of the card.

Brouver plays a silver card. Why couldn't he have played Nature's Gift (or Johnny)?

It's very possible Nature's gift was selected by Broover. The problem is I didn't see that be the case, and it's not reviewable.

This appears to have been the only way in my case that it happened. Johnny wasnt' played.

To produce 2 int he last 3 cards of the game. I'm not saying it's not possible to have multiple, I've done it many times. Was looking for people to throw out names I haven't looked at yet.

I am pretty sure it was Nature's Gift. It's the only card I didn't see him play. The other possibilities did not occur. Goes back to needing some form or review pile of banished cards or something. The Nature's Gift didn't show up in his graveyard.

KasumiGoto;n7336010 said:
Scorch
Nature's Gift
Aglais x2 (Eithne)
Johnny
Schirru
Renew (resurrecting Schirru or Aglais)

The only one of these that doesn't show up in the graveyard (if I'm not mistaken) is Nature's Gift. Since I physically saw him use scorch from his hand, and then the next play use his leader card, I don't recall having actually seen the Nature's Gift card - I may have just missed the graphic, but all I ever saw was scorch.

We can consider this topic closed on my account. I'm familiar with other ways to get specials duplicated - I simply never saw the duplication in this case. There was a lack of traceability that left me wondering if this was a beta-related glitch worth reporting, or if I was uninformed. It was the latter.

ManwichTuesday;n7338010 said:
The only one of these that doesn't show up in the graveyard (if I'm not mistaken) is Nature's Gift. Since I physically saw him use scorch from his hand, and then the next play use his leader card, I don't recall having actually seen the Nature's Gift card - I may have just missed the graphic, but all I ever saw was scorch.

We can consider this topic closed on my account. I'm familiar with other ways to get specials duplicated - I simply never saw the duplication in this case. There was a lack of traceability that left me wondering if this was a beta-related glitch worth reporting, or if I was uninformed. It was the latter.

You will not have seen nature's gift in the the graveyard, because it is fleeting, meaning that it is removed from the game once played.

I realize this. This is further support for why the game should include an ability to review a separate deck of played cards (banished, fleeting, etc) so you know how and why something was able to be played. OR, implement a game review functionality so you can see the order of played cards post-match.

There ARE bugs in this game (that's why it's a beta), so without the ability to perform these reviews of played cards, it's difficult to confirm whether a play is the result of a bug or was simply a learning point.

In my case, this was presumably not a bug, but technically - who knows? I can't review the cards that were played, and all the graveyard showed was 2 scorches sitting next to each other. I'm positive that Nature's Gift is the culprit here, but how could you really confirm? Again, this is BETA TESTING. We need to be able to confirm the mechanics.

Snfonseka;n7344430 said:
Eithne can recycle Aglais so that makes 5 This is the theoretical maximum.

Shacles on Aglais and then you can go 2 more with decoy and Milva. Also opponent can help with his Milva; shacles and decoy; Eithne ;Renew (before shacles).

SzymonAtan;n7373940 said:
Shacles on Aglais and then you can go 2 more with decoy and Milva.

This brings the grand total of scorches to 9!

==> Armageddon

ManwichTuesday;n7372150 said:
I realize this. This is further support for why the game should include an ability to review a separate deck of played cards (banished, fleeting, etc) so you know how and why something was able to be played. OR, implement a game review functionality so you can see the order of played cards post-match.

There was a short lived discussion about game logs here. I made a graphic of my idea for it...

ManwichTuesday;n7372150 said:

There ARE bugs in this game (that's why it's a beta), so without the ability to perform these reviews of played cards, it's difficult to confirm whether a play is the result of a bug or was simply a learning point.

In my case, this was presumably not a bug, but technically - who knows? I can't review the cards that were played, and all the graveyard showed was 2 scorches sitting next to each other. I'm positive that Nature's Gift is the culprit here, but how could you really confirm? Again, this is BETA TESTING. We need to be able to confirm the mechanics.

Yes, they definitely need to add a "combat log" that shows everything played and all the mechanics that trigger. I often have a dilemma when playing natures gift if I can't remember what the last special played was. if I had a reliable source to go check it would help a lot. It's also of course very useful if you're unsure of some of the rules and basically want to figure out what just happened to you. lol

rajule;n7379110 said:
I often have a dilemma when playing natures gift if I can't remember what the last special played was.

Right click on the card, it will show what spell it will spawn.

Top Bottom