Skellige Deck Strategies

+
I use the revival guys first round: "Forgot name" and Bear Berserker. 2nd round I'll use the Freya cards to bring them back. Depending on whether I won the first round or not then I usually go HAM in the last round: Maybe bring a guy or two back if I still have Freya, Axeman, Spawn 2 An Craicht warriors, Play Yennefer the conjurer, use war cry, GG.

Having fun with this deck atm

Capture1.JPG

Just made it but the results are encouraging, esp against the Monsters.

HenryGrosmont;n7727260 said:
Having fun with this deck atm

Just made it but the results are encouraging, esp against the Monsters.

The image is so small, but I see you have Wild boar of the sea, although neither War longships nor Clan Dimun captains. What's the point in having the golden ship then?

hi guys.. a couple of days ago i v been stomped by queensguard deck.. i was using my monsters
and when i red the patch notes, i found this deck very power.. yesterday i achieved rank 9 and i have a lot of scraps, so was going to craft some skellige cards, when i saw the hotfix.. cerys has been nerfed, the bard has been nerfed, queensguard too
is it a viable deck now?? because i didn t spend my scrap and don t wanna waste them
regards

Esmer;n7727650 said:
The image is so small, but I see you have Wild boar of the sea, although neither War longships nor Clan Dimun captains. What's the point in having the golden ship then?

With Gold Card Madman Lugos

TH3WITCH3R;n7727950 said:

Oh, so the idea is to have Kambi + Lugos on turn 3 and weather down the opponent on turns 1/2.

I don't believe this combo is reliable enough. And it's not clear how to deal with weather immune units.

Esmer;n7727650 said:
TH3WITCH3R;n7727950 said:
This.
Esmer;n7729480 said:
Oh, so the idea is to have Kambi + Lugos on turn 3 and weather down the opponent on turns 1/2.

I don't believe this combo is reliable enough. And it's not clear how to deal with weather immune units.
Yeah, had to drop the ship. The buff wasn't nearly enough to keep it. Maybe it's because the moment people see Hjalmar they forfeit the round. Also dropped Lugos ofc.
Added Ciri and Igni(?), not sure about that. Much better results with Ciri giving me CA in the third. Basically you end up with about 20 (Morkvarg+Ciri) against Hemdall's 12.
Again, I just made it this morning out of boredom so, whoever has something to say - fire away.

d3vil_dant3;n7727720 said:
hi guys.. a couple of days ago i v been stomped by queensguard deck.. i was using my monsters
and when i red the patch notes, i found this deck very power.. yesterday i achieved rank 9 and i have a lot of scraps, so was going to craft some skellige cards, when i saw the hotfix.. cerys has been nerfed, the bard has been nerfed, queensguard too
is it a viable deck now?? because i didn t spend my scrap and don t wanna waste them
regards

Well, since everybody seems to say that Cerys deck is ruined now, I had to make one and try it myself. (I played it in different version few patches ago) It took several tries in practice mode, many tweaks and lots of stupid mistakes had to be made, but I managed to get something out of it. Played four games in casual after that, results 50% 50% win/loose. This deck is focused on base strength and Cerys.

Cerys is my only gold. King Bran as a leader.

Silvers:
Draig Bon Dhu
Restoration
Sigrdrifa
Decoy
Dimeritium bomb
Cleaver

Bronzes:
3x Queensguard
3x Priestess Of Freya
3x Clan Tordarroch Shieldsmith
3x Clan Tordarroch Armorsmith
2x Dimeritium Shackles
2x First Light
3x Mandroeme

Or very close to that, might have been one card less. If I get two Queens at my hand, I'll discard one Queen and Cerys with Bran. If I already have Cerys and one Queen in hand, I'll discard two Queens. Two times I managed to buff Cerys up to 18 or 20 points and even managed to use her after that (once I realized to discard her). First round basically goes with buffing Queens, no matter what opponent does. Like I said, only four games in casual, so this needs more testing, but it seemed to work nicely so far. Also it's a bit more tricky than earlier Cerys deck version some patches ago, but it's still doable.

I never played any ranked games, so I don't know how competitive this deck can be. Also I'm not that skilled player, because I just play for fun :) Maybe someone else could get more out of it and test this before you use your scraps.

Last edited:
Very unlucky cause I have 1000 scraps for skellige... But after this nerf I think is not very worth play cyris.. And self wound is boring.. Nilfgard is pretty disappointing and my monster s deck is finished

Sunsibar;n7733420 said:
Cerys is my only gold. King Bran as a leader.

Silvers:
Draig Bon Dhu
Restoration
Sigrdrifa
Decoy
Dimeritium bomb
Cleaver

Bronzes:
3x Queensguard
3x Priestess Of Freya
3x Clan Tordarroch Shieldsmith
3x Clan Tordarroch Armorsmith
2x Dimeritium Shackles
2x First Light Lacerate
3x Mandroeme
Okay, did some more testing with this deck and had massive amount of bad luck. If my opponent was playing buffs, I didn't have any Dimeritium in my hand. Earlier I never once faced Poor Infantry decks, until now that I removed Lacerates from my deck, so now I had to remove First Lights and swap those to Lacerates again. Also, this deck (or my strategy) is very vulnerable to grave robbers. One game started with me having 3 Queens practically as my only unit cards and my opponent robbed/ate two of those. And what did I get when the round ended? More special cards! I passed at the start of the second round and lost :D

It's not competitive deck, but it's playable in casual games if you are not looking for 100% win rate.

Seriously that self-wounding deck is a joke at high rank & every other factions are beating it pretty badly. from 10 matches I won only 2/3 as I said early skellige is so predictable that just by looking at leader any one can guess what's coming :/

TH3WITCH3R Ranked match where we will have salty taste. Axeman it's still a powerful deck. Just depend on who is playing it. Gwent easy to play but hard to master it. Even dev can not win the game by their own.

TH3WITCH3R;n7742730 said:
Seriously that self-wounding deck is a joke at high rank & every other factions are beating it pretty badly. from 10 matches I won only 2/3 as I said early skellige is so predictable that just by looking at leader any one can guess what's coming :/
It is played at rank 10 and higher. Quite a lot, actually...

having trouble with resing Freya, i see people chain resing but it doesn't work for me. i see people using Freya to res Freya, not sure how. its not from using the other med types either i watch them use Freya, then pull out Freya, really confused as my other freyas just don't show up as an option when resing, even when i use the silver priestess.

roundert;n7784420 said:
having trouble with resing Freya, i see people chain resing but it doesn't work for me. i see people using Freya to res Freya, not sure how. its not from using the other med types either i watch them use Freya, then pull out Freya, really confused as my other freyas just don't show up as an option when resing, even when i use the silver priestess.

The most recent patch prevented the res of other medics by assigning permadeath to all of them. With the goal of stopping this chain, of course.

roundert;n7784420 said:

Yehh cdpr gives graveyard steal / banish to other factions & then they nerf skellige resurrection too :/

Top Bottom