Lodge

+
Lodge

Hey,

maybe I will sound little bit silly, but have a question. Why did Lodge started their quest for taking the kingdom of Aedirn? In books they wanned independent kingdom under the secret rule of the lodge with the puppet king/queen as the extended hand of the Lodge. They wanted that that person would be Ciri (with enough king blood and of course elder blood). But when Ciri got missing what was their plan? To kill Demewand and wait to anything that will happen? Or did they have someone for the post of the King/Queen? Maybe I missed that in the game itself, but was wondering what happened to their plans from books.

Thanks,

Qira

Last edited:
The user "Knight of Phoenix" posted a series of excellent articles about the politics in "The Witcher 2", which are compiled here:

http://knightofphoenix.tumblr.com/witcher

I think they solve most of your questions. Personally, I think that the Lodge got to abandon their original plans when Ciri disappears after the events of the book "The Lady of the Lake", so their support to the Pontar Valley Rebellion led by Saskia is a new plan that they developed during the time period between Ciri's disappearance and the events of "The Witcher 2". Demawend's assassination would be just one step more in the Lodge's plan to create a Pontar Valley state who is supportive of the Lodge's plans. I suppose that the existence of a state where humans, elves and dwarves can coexist as equals would have the added benefit of putting an end to the Scoia'tael activities, as non-humans would now have an alternative to guerrilla war.

Wow, thanks a lot. I was just wondering about lodge plan, everything else I got sorted in certain way. Thanks again.

Top Bottom