Anais or Triss?

+
He says that he'll raise her in the Court, and in the meantime become Regent of Temeria, and that once she's of age, she can claim her throne.
Of course, that may not be his true intention. Geralt and Roche comment on the fact that he may have other plans. They also suggest that if Adda doesn't have children, he'll get rid of her and still marry Anais. Otherwise, they expect him to marry Anais off to one of his nobles.

From a practical viewpoint, the ending is the same as if Adda is dead, just the dialogue changes.

Makes sense. I'll still give Anais to Radovid though. I think it's better for both Anais (she will be with her sister) and for the Northen Kingdoms in general. Then I'll finally boot up The Witcher 3 and play that game with my new save import (I lost all my TW2 saves so I had to play TW2 again first before playing TW3). Awwwww yissssss.

Actually i think that "canon" Geralt would save Anais, not because he's a patriot but for 3 reasons:
1) Roche saved him from execution and depending on your choices is a close friend, so Geralt feels like he owes him one
2)Geralt feels guilt over Folftest's death, and could redeem himself by saving his daughter
3) The most important reason - Anais is a young girl,innocent,undeserving of these dangers and unable to help herself

On the other hand Triss not only lied, but also is a powerful sorceress with knowledge about a "witch conspiracy" and thus more capable of fending for herself.

IMO Geralt is not the selfish asshole people make him out to be. He is a cynic yes, but is shown to have a soft spot for innocents.
At first i imagine the canon Geralt would refuse to help Roche thinking only of Triss, but at the last minute he would have a change of heart. In the end even though he pretends not to care, Geralt is deep down a "good guy"

Top Bottom