W3 Oven - An Alternative GUI to ModKit 1.3

+
W3 Oven - An Alternative GUI to ModKit 1.3

Hello all!

I've been working on this GUI to Modkit, since the new version released and Modkitchen don't support the new features.

If you still need it I encourage you to try :D

What's different with this?
- No damned pop-ups of CMD!! All output appears in the bottom textbox.
- Import just what you need. If your mod has like 15 textures but you just need to test one or a few modified, select the rows, mark "Just Selected" and it will import just the assets of the selected rows
- Select the GroupType of texture if you need. If you don't it will act as default.(_s to specular, _n to normals and everythign else WorldDiffuse)
- When Exporting you can Select the FBX version
- Other stuff, read the hint of the checkboxes

Maybe I add other stuff in the future, but only time will tell...

W3 Oven - Download Versions:
0.7 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6...=sharing&resourcekey=0-kLKwwr_8OM47PvRwuQLaeg
0.8 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6...=sharing&resourcekey=0-HyoJR_Sr908ar4ws758fRA
0.9 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/14zK9SjyIG02Ysfe9jCXwdPWYsrs7XEAO/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Can I use this tool to edit other people's mod?
I tried to uncook a mod by using w3oven or quickbsm.
Only quickbsm uncook the .env file.
The mod I try to edit only contains .csv and .env files.
When I cook the mod, the blob0.bundle and metadata.store are larger than the original mod.
And the edited mod I created cause infinite loading loop in the game.

rhinofinal;n7274900 said:
Can I use this tool to edit other people's mod?
I tried to uncook a mod by using w3oven or quickbsm.
Only quickbsm uncook the .env file.
The mod I try to edit only contains .csv and .env files.
When I cook the mod, the blob0.bundle and metadata.store are larger than the original mod.
And the edited mod I created cause infinite loading loop in the game.

QuickBms is the best way for uncook a mod, but for packing it back Sarcen's Mod Editor is a better option when you have to deal with .env files

Damn. It tooks me a lot of time to figure that out.
I really tried to search on the internet but didn't find any guide about this.
Thanks a lot dude.

Im getting an error when trying to Export to fbx.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess( ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at CapaOven.Form1.RunProcessesSequence(Process[] procs, String[] args, Int32 i, String op) in D:\CAPA\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\CapaOven\CapaOven\Form1.cs:line 980
at CapaOven.Form1.button12_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\CAPA\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\CapaOven\CapaOven\Form1.cs:line 933
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
W3Oven
Assembly Version: 0.7.0.0
Win32 Version: 0.7.0.0
CodeBase: file:///F:/Witcher%203%20Mod%20Tools/W3Oven/W3Oven.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.Shell
Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.0.0
CodeBase: file:///F:/Witcher%203%20Mod%20Tools/W3Oven/Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.Shell.DLL
Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack
Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.0.0
CodeBase: file:///F:/Witcher%203%20Mod%20Tools/W3Oven/Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.DLL
PresentationFramework
Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.dll
PresentationCore
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
WindowsBase
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
System.Xaml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xaml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xaml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I used the Oven tool to extract the files in the first place but since i cant convert them, there kind of useless.

NVM, i had spaces in the folder names

Last edited:
Hi ! Sorry for my english,
I'm trying to mod Ciri's body. I uncooked the game, but when I tried to export the assets, W3Oven told me "wcc operation failed". Here Below you can see the exemple.

--- Loading Exportable Assets from selected folder ---
D:\Witcher3Modding\Witcher 3 creation mod folder\modCiritattooedgirl\characters\models\main_npc\ciri\model\body_03__wa_ciri_d01.xbm
--- Exportable Assets Loaded ---

INFO --- Executing Lines ---

INFO --- Started Exporting ---

[2017.01.11 12:13:05][Info][WCC] Starting commandlet 'export'
[2017.01.11 12:13:05][Info][WCC] ---------------------------------------------------------------
[2017.01.11 12:13:05][Info][WCC] Attaching depot at 'D:\Witcher3Modding\Uncooked\'
[2017.01.11 12:13:05][Error][WCC] Failed to export 'D:\Witcher3Modding\Witcher 3 creation mod folder\modCiritattooedgirl\characters\models\main_npc\ciri\model\body_03__wa_ciri_d01.xbm' into format 'tga'
[2017.01.11 12:13:05][Info][WCC] ---------------------------------------------------------------
[2017.01.11 12:13:05][Error][WCC] Wcc operation failed

INFO --- Export Done!

Someone knows what is the problem and how to solve it ? ? Thanks a lot !

:facepalm2:

batgeorgette;n7467730 said:
Hi ! Sorry for my english,
I'm trying to mod Ciri's body. I uncooked the game, but when I tried to export the assets, W3Oven told me "wcc operation failed". Here Below you can see the exemple.

--- Loading Exportable Assets from selected folder ---
D:\Witcher3Modding\Witcher 3 creation mod folder\modCiritattooedgirl\characters\models\main_npc\ciri\model\body_03__wa_ciri_d01.xbm
--- Exportable Assets Loaded ---

INFO --- Executing Lines ---

INFO --- Started Exporting ---

[2017.01.11 12:13:05][Info][WCC] Starting commandlet 'export'
[2017.01.11 12:13:05][Info][WCC] Attaching depot at 'D:\Witcher3Modding\Uncooked\'
[2017.01.11 12:13:05][Error][WCC] Failed to export 'D:\Witcher3Modding\Witcher 3 creation mod folder\modCiritattooedgirl\characters\models\main_npc\ciri\model\body_03__wa_ciri_d01.xbm' into format 'tga'
[2017.01.11 12:13:05][Error][WCC] Wcc operation failed

INFO --- Export Done!

Someone knows what is the problem and how to solve it ? ? Thanks a lot !

:facepalm2:

Try removing the spaces in your folder path "Witcher 3 creation mod folder"

Ok, the log's showing that it's trying to export the model from the ""Witcher 3 creation mod folder" path but that's not right.

Try it this way around:

- keep your depot to D:\Witcher3Modding\Uncooked

- try uncooking the mesh/xbm files straight FROM the D:\Witcher3Modding\Uncooked\characters\models_mainnpc\ciri\model\ folder

- set the destination of the exported files (meshes/textures) to be your Witcher 3 creation mod folder.

It does not working sorry... :facepalm2:
I think the problem comes from wcc_lite. But I don't know why. Any idea ?
Should I use cmd line ?
Maybe I forgot to do something before opening W3Oven, but it's look not quite complicate.
I uninstalled and reinstalled Modkit completely. I also renamed "D:\Games\Witcher 3 Mod Tools\bin\x64" to "D:\Games\Witcher3ModTools\bin\x64"
For uncook mods everything is ok but when I try to export textures from .xbm .to .tga, it does not work.

batgeorgette;n7469080 said:
It does not working sorry... :facepalm2:
I think the problem comes from wcc_lite. But I don't know why. Any idea ?
Should I use cmd line ?
Maybe I forgot to do something before opening W3Oven, but it's look not quite complicate.
I uninstalled and reinstalled Modkit completely. I also renamed "D:\Games\Witcher 3 Mod Tools\bin\x64" to "D:\Games\Witcher3ModTools\bin\x64"
For uncook mods everything is ok but when I try to export textures from .xbm .to .tga, it does not work.

I don't think so; it works fine for me.

Another thing to note is that when you uncook the game, the textures automatically get exported (at least most of them).

Sometimes uncooking somebody else's mods doesn't work with modKit. Are you trying to export assets from the game or from an existing mod? If from a mod then you might be out of luck...if the mod was cooked with a previous version of modKit then you will need that version of modKit to export the assets.

The issues I stumbled across was that I updated my ModKit to the latest version but I was trying to extract assets (meshes or textures) from a previously uncooked version of the game. Rule of thumb is that when you use a new version of wcc_lite/modkit you have to re-uncook the game with this version; then you will be able to export the assets (ex. .xbm or w2mesh files) that it uncooked.

And why such a large window? And it is impossible to scale. The lower part of the program is hidden behind the taskbar.

cemkey;n7818540 said:
And why such a large window? And it is impossible to scale. The lower part of the program is hidden behind the taskbar.

Well if you are using a resolution like 1366 x 768 yeah you will have this behavior. But at 1080 it's not that large...

It doesn't resize because this was my first program in Visual C# and I didn't know how to make the panels resize and maintain the layout :p

cemkey;n7822050 said:
1920x1080. Taskbar in two lines.

Huh?? Impossible...

The size of W3Oven window is 970 x 864 there is no way in 1080 still get "cut", triple check you resolution.
Also if you are extending your desktop to another monitor look the resolution of the extended area sometimes is not the same as the main monitor.

Btw, this is taskbar with 5 lines and a resolution of 1920 x 1080
http://image.prntscr.com/image/9fecd0263ab54c6693aa1586bb4d0639.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom