W3 Oven - An Alternative GUI to ModKit 1.3

+
another problem >.> damn this modkit

I'm trying to uncook all the content folder of the game, but with w3 oven and modkit 1.3 I get this error

What's the problem this time? :(

these are the files that I get with uncooked

because there are .buffer files?

Ok With mod Kit 1.2 work fine -.-"

Last edited:
Denroth There seems to be a problem for some when trying to uncook the eyes. I was not able to solve the problem myself, but TudorAdrian is surely happy to share eye models with you. As for your last image: there went something very wrong with your uncook process.

as you can see from my folder, the uncooked files are much bigger in size.

I included a picture of my W3Oven setup as well, maybe this helps you to determine the path structure, etc.

​​​​​​​

CAPA14 I came across this post of yours
Unfortunately, if we are to modify the skirts, we will have to mess with the original armors that contains them, because I could not make the redcloth unique as it cannot be "DLCed". It's indeed a shame :(

Btw, if someone knows how to make a custom DLC of a redcloth(the redcloth itself, not the w2ent that loads it) please tell me :D

and I am faced with the same problem as you. But since you played around with the uncooking process a bit, do you have any explanation as to why .redcloth files are not uncooked? The ModEditor can handle them in their cooked version (obviously) and as I remember, @skacikpl said some time ago that importing works. I just wonder why the reverse process does not. I am sure though that if we put our heads together we can make it work (somehow).

MasterOfTheRings;n8125120 said:

and I am faced with the same problem as you. But since you played around with the uncooking process a bit, do you have any explanation as to why .redcloth files are not uncooked? The ModEditor can handle them in their cooked version (obviously) and as I remember, @skacikpl said some time ago that importing works. I just wonder why the reverse process does not. I am sure though that if we put our heads together we can make it work (somehow).

Because wcc_lite is an unpotimized horrible garbage.

MasterOfTheRings;n8125120 said:

Nope... even if we put 1k heads together won't work because the apex version used by W3 is legacy and closed to the public. Based on skacikpl research on the matter.
Yes he did cook an apex(.apb) file with wcc_lite but resulting redcloth itself didn't appear ingame.

guys a question, after unpacking a w2mesh files, how do I add it in a mod?

I must merge the two files (FBX, xml)?

w3oven see only the FBX files, xml files are not loaded in assets

Denroth;n8171810 said:
guys a question, after unpacking a w2mesh files, how do I add it in a mod?

I must merge the two files (FBX, xml)?

w3oven see only the FBX files, xml files are not loaded in assets

It reads and process it when cooking do not worry. Just have them in the same folder and you should be fine.

The reason why I just make the fbx appear is because wcc_lite only needs fbx as input.

I just used oven 0.8b along with modkit 1.3. Most things work for me except the w2mesh that contains the eyes, eyelash and teeth/tongue. Has anyone figured this out or is it just me.

Are you using Blender? If yes, try first opening blender, clear all your workplace (press delete and yes) and then import your file.

Hyadum;n8424860 said:
Are you using Blender? If yes, try first opening blender, clear all your workplace (press delete and yes) and then import your file.

yes when using blender its all clear. the xml is pretty much empty too
its a cube in blender and in visual stuido

paulscotttt;n8425440 said:
had to use a gui i got from nexus called "Mod Kit Gui" strange that w3oven did not work.

Hi paulscotttt, what do you mean that w3oven exporting of meshes results in a box? Can you elaborate? I have just started using w3oven myself, when I unpack official dlcs I can see the meshes fine in 3d paint for example, but when exporting some older mods, I get the "square". Maybe it's got something to do with older versions of Modkit used to cook them? And one more question, when exporting fbx files, what option is best to use, the 2013 version?

Edit: It's true, while besides W3Oven, the quick modding tool by xtcislove wasn't able to export thos fbx files properly, the Mod Kit Gui proposed by paulscott, actually did the job! Maybe that was the reason I had some unexpected fails recently...

Last edited:
I've uncooked a few texture mods that I wanted to edit a bit. Keep in mind that I'm a huge newbie at this stuff. When I uncooked the mod, I had tga set as the texture format. All of the files that were uncooked are xbm or mesh files. I've tried a few recommended xbm file viewers (irfanview/xnview), but they are all giving me errors (Can't load plugin: "Formats.dll") even though I'm using the latest versions. Did I do something incorrectly when I uncooked the mods? Do I need to set texture format as something else?

Guest 3841499

Can this tool be used to extract texture files from already-existing mod for the purpose of re-packaging them for personal need? The UHDP texture pack merging results in WCC Out of Memory errors for some reason and I wonder if repacking it would help...

Can this tool be used to also fix the issue of Texture Group texture mods not merging with Mod Merger??? COMPILATION is a nice texture pack, but texture group export feature was used to make it happen and that means no glitch-free merging with Mod Merger can happen... But what if some of those textures are re-cooked or somehow re-packaged???

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you can do that with W3 Oven.

But you can't unpack COMPILATION without loosing a bunch of textures.
And UHDP i have the same issue, but even if you find a way to unpack, you will probably have the same problem as COMPILATION.

Last edited:
Top Bottom