New player [Hints and tips, how to get started]

+
Tuska5;n7881570 said:
About Witcher Gear, I just find it in the game? I didn't understand how it works, I need just to explore every question mark in the same area/map/game to find all diagrams to Witcher Gear? or this is something I need to find "by mistake" in some hidden cave or something? Because I'm level 6 and finished Wandering in the Dark and I sw that after this quest with an item I get from this quest I can explore some cave that contains Feline Armour diagrams..

You could find them randomly as you did but usually you could get them by buying a map from one of the armorer/smiths that will trigger a quest to find the Witcher gear ones you read it.

Ingsoc85;n7886340 said:
You could find them randomly as you did but usually you could get them by buying a map from one of the armorer/smiths that will trigger a quest to find the Witcher gear ones you read it.

Can you please tell me where can I sell bolts? I have bolts that I cannot use because they for level 22 and I level 7.
And I realized that I can play hours and I don't leveling up, I mean I can do main quests and still not level up only get XP from side quests and exploring, and some players told me that they leveling up fast even from only main quests. This game must be huge if I played hours and I just level 7 and I have to be like level 30 to finish the storyline.. but it can take all the fun out of storyline if it takes hours and hours to finish, and you all the time only explore. Its fun and its good all those side quests, but I think I starting to forget the main storyline I always doing like 5-6 side quests and than 1 main quest or part of main quest (Baron quests for example).
And I always think about quests or things I can miss by doing the quests in wrong order or something. And about Gwent, I did defeat the Baron in my first Gwent play but I see that every character I can play with they have strong cards and its difficult. Gwent is just something in addition right? or I will have to win cards and build good deck for some quests/items or something like that? For me Gwent is fun and all but I don't think I will now want to get all the special Gwent cards and start a collection..

Tuska5;n7891400 said:
Can you please tell me where can I sell bolts? I have bolts that I cannot use because they for level 22 and I level 7.

At the smiths, but I would recommend save them for later use.

My first game took about 350 hours to finish, so it is kinda huge if you want to do everything :) I'm remembering that I had some troubles to reach levels 5 and 6 (because there weren't that many quests at that time and killing monsters only give you so little exp), but after that it got easier. You get most exp from the quests that are near your level (+-5), but if you do quests that are more than 5 (or 6?) levels below your level, you hardly get any exp from it. The game is designed that way, so that you don't level up too much.

If you don't want to collect all Gwent cards, you can just ignore those quests. Baron belongs to Gwent related side quest, so that's why he has strong deck. If you want to look easier opponents just for fun, play with merchants, smiths and armorers. You get new cards when you beat an opponent for a first time (second or more times beating that same opponent gives you money or items). You can also buy cards from several locations, if you want to improve your deck. I'm remembering that all Gwent quests were optional.

It's easy to loose sense of time with this game. I noticed few times that I had spent four hours with just collecting flowers, looting and wandering around :D And that doesn't give you exp, even if you have played for hours :D

Ingsoc85;n7892640 said:
At the smiths, but I would recommend save them for later use.

What you mean? I will need those? Because I hate to use crossbows in that game.

Sunsibar;n7897840 said:
My first game took about 350 hours to finish, so it is kinda huge if you want to do everything :) I'm remembering that I had some troubles to reach levels 5 and 6 (because there weren't that many quests at that time and killing monsters only give you so little exp), but after that it got easier. You get most exp from the quests that are near your level (+-5), but if you do quests that are more than 5 (or 6?) levels below your level, you hardly get any exp from it. The game is designed that way, so that you don't level up too much.

If you don't want to collect all Gwent cards, you can just ignore those quests. Baron belongs to Gwent related side quest, so that's why he has strong deck. If you want to look easier opponents just for fun, play with merchants, smiths and armorers. You get new cards when you beat an opponent for a first time (second or more times beating that same opponent gives you money or items). You can also buy cards from several locations, if you want to improve your deck. I'm remembering that all Gwent quests were optional.

It's easy to loose sense of time with this game. I noticed few times that I had spent four hours with just collecting flowers, looting and wandering around :D And that doesn't give you exp, even if you have played for hours :D
Yeah it can burn your time easily.
I wanted to ask, why when I open my inventory I can see the price I can sell items like swords and armors I get from looting, but when I arrive to smither or armorer it sells its for very low amount of crowns. Why?
And about crafting materials and junk, what you recommend just sell or dismantle it for materials? Its kinda expansive.
Furthermore, can you give me nice tip how to save weight? Because while questing or exploring I have to come back often to sell the goods I earn to free more space. Now Ive got 90 free space but 50-60 is always in use.
Thanks!!

Tuska5;n7901470 said:
What you mean? I will need those? Because I hate to use crossbows in that game.

Yeah it can burn your time easily.
I wanted to ask, why when I open my inventory I can see the price I can sell items like swords and armors I get from looting, but when I arrive to smither or armorer it sells its for very low amount of crowns. Why?
And about crafting materials and junk, what you recommend just sell or dismantle it for materials? Its kinda expansive.
Furthermore, can you give me nice tip how to save weight? Because while questing or exploring I have to come back often to sell the goods I earn to free more space. Now Ive got 90 free space but 50-60 is always in use.
Thanks!!

I just stashed my special bolts. Don't remember if I ever used any.

I guess that is just an average value of an item. I didn't pay any attention to it. You never get that much money from selling stuff than what you have to pay for it, if you are buying.

You can sell all junk. I think only expansions included few junk items that you need for side quests, but you still have a long way to get there. I only dismantled some crafting materials like handful of times during my 6 games. If you keep looting, you don't usually need to dismantle.

For inventory weight, look for better saddlebags to your horse. At your current level in game, Nilfgaardian saddlebags are probably easiest to get (free DLC needed). Check the maximum inventory weight in your saddlebags. I guess you have +30 at the moment? Nilfgaardian has +70. Here is the list of other horse equipments.

Sunsibar;n7906810 said:
I just stashed my special bolts. Don't remember if I ever used any.

I guess that is just an average value of an item. I didn't pay any attention to it. You never get that much money from selling stuff than what you have to pay for it, if you are buying.

You can sell all junk. I think only expansions included few junk items that you need for side quests, but you still have a long way to get there. I only dismantled some crafting materials like handful of times during my 6 games. If you keep looting, you don't usually need to dismantle.

For inventory weight, look for better saddlebags to your horse. At your current level in game, Nilfgaardian saddlebags are probably easiest to get (free DLC needed). Check the maximum inventory weight in your saddlebags. I guess you have +30 at the moment? Nilfgaardian has +70. Here is the list of other horse equipments.

About crafting materials and junk, I just have a lot I loot everything. But I think this is what makes me heavier. I'm stupid and I bought the Rugged Saddlebags from merchant in Novigrad for like 500 crowns.
About DLC, I have some DLC's free in the Play Store, should I just download all? What is the DLC you were talking about?
And how can I get the item "Monster Powdered Tissue"?

Tuska5;n7989920 said:
About crafting materials and junk, I just have a lot I loot everything. But I think this is what makes me heavier. I'm stupid and I bought the Rugged Saddlebags from merchant in Novigrad for like 500 crowns.
About DLC, I have some DLC's free in the Play Store, should I just download all? What is the DLC you were talking about?
And how can I get the item "Monster Powdered Tissue"?

Crafting materials, potions and alchemy ingredients doesn't weigh anything in your inventory, so feel free to collect as much as you can. Junk has a weigh, but you can sell that. When you select something in your inventory, you can see a small icon which tells you how much that particular item weighs.

You don't have to download all (or any) free DLCs if you don't want to. I never used optional outfits or language packs. Those Nilfgaardian saddlebags are included to Nilfgaardian Armor Set DLC, which you have to download if you want to buy it. If you already bought rugged saddlebags, it has the same +70 inventory weigh stat than Nilfgaardian saddlebags, so you are all good with that too. Check the horse equipment stats from the list I linked in my previous post.

There are few DLCs that gives you extra quests, and armor/weapon set DLCs lets you buy those sets from merchants. Others are just "eye candy". There is also NG+ DLC if you want to play this game again in NG+ mode. All of these are free, so you don't loose anything if you download it and never use it.

Then there are two paid expansions, Hearts Of Stone and Blood And Wine, which are strongly recommended if you enjoyed your main game and want more of it.

Sunsibar;n7990510 said:
Crafting materials, potions and alchemy ingredients doesn't weigh anything in your inventory, so feel free to collect as much as you can. Junk has a weigh, but you can sell that. When you select something in your inventory, you can see a small icon which tells you how much that particular item weighs.

You don't have to download all (or any) free DLCs if you don't want to. I never used optional outfits or language packs. Those Nilfgaardian saddlebags are included to Nilfgaardian Armor Set DLC, which you have to download if you want to buy it. If you already bought rugged saddlebags, it has the same +70 inventory weigh stat than Nilfgaardian saddlebags, so you are all good with that too. Check the horse equipment stats from the list I linked in my previous post.

There are few DLCs that gives you extra quests, and armor/weapon set DLCs lets you buy those sets from merchants. Others are just "eye candy". There is also NG+ DLC if you want to play this game again in NG+ mode. All of these are free, so you don't loose anything if you download it and never use it.

Then there are two paid expansions, Hearts Of Stone and Blood And Wine, which are strongly recommended if you enjoyed your main game and want more of it.

So about junk, I should sell it or keep it for crafting materials? And about the DLC I will download it any way :), and the expansions after I will finish the storyline.
​And about the powdered tissue I read about it in the same website you gave me and in Wikia, and still dont know where to get it, I crafted something which gave me 2 of these bit dont know how to get it.
This is good wiki of the game?

During the main game I sold all junk. There are few junk items in paid expansions, which gives you optional quests/usable items if you don't sell them.

There is Noonwraith/Nightwraith patrolling on the fields, east of Seven Cats Inn (south of Novigrad). It drops Specter Dust when you kill it (also normal wraiths drop it). When you have Specter Dust in your inventory (crafting material category, you may already have it), go to see a smith or an armorer and dismantle that dust to get Powdered Monster Tissue. When you are dismantling items, it shows you in that dismantle window what items you will get when dismantling.

I didn't use any specific guides when searching information, but that Wiki was one of the many.

Sunsibar;n8011920 said:
During the main game I sold all junk. There are few junk items in paid expansions, which gives you optional quests/usable items if you don't sell them.

There is Noonwraith/Nightwraith patrolling on the fields, east of Seven Cats Inn (south of Novigrad). It drops Specter Dust when you kill it (also normal wraiths drop it). When you have Specter Dust in your inventory (crafting material category, you may already have it), go to see a smith or an armorer and dismantle that dust to get Powdered Monster Tissue. When you are dismantling items, it shows you in that dismantle window what items you will get when dismantling.

I didn't use any specific guides when searching information, but that Wiki was one of the many.

Thanks Ill check it when I will be at home playing :)

Sunsibar;n8011920 said:

You know how do I download the DLCs to PS4?
And what DLC is what?

Tuska5;n8385630 said:
I wanted to ask if I will download DLC, it can change something in my game? or its just adding stuff?

Alternate look for Yennefer/Triss/Ciri changes the clothing during cutscenes to those characters.
Gwent card set changes the artwork in some of your Gwent cards.

All others adds more armors/weapons/quests... to your game. By downloading beard and hairstyle set, for example, you can go to barber and change different hair styles and beards to Geralt, if you wish.

Sunsibar;n8386080 said:
Alternate look for Yennefer/Triss/Ciri changes the clothing during cutscenes to those characters.

All others adds more armors/weapons/quests... to your game. By downloading beard and hairstyle set, for example, you can go to barber and change different hair styles and beards to Geralt, if you wish.

Nice.. You can please help me with this?
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...610-feline-armour-set-vs-enhanced-griffin-set

Sunsibar;n8386080 said:

Hey, look I've downloaded the DLC from the store and install them, but it doesnt appear in the game. Maybe I installed not correctly?
And about the DLC, I want to buy them. I wanted to ask if you know good place to buy them from cheap and reliable store.
And those DLC are big? I mean the quests are long time? And what level should I be to do them?

Tuska5;n8457040 said:
Hey, look I've downloaded the DLC from the store and install them, but it doesnt appear in the game. Maybe I installed not correctly?
And about the DLC, I want to buy them. I wanted to ask if you know good place to buy them from cheap and reliable store.
And those DLC are big? I mean the quests are long time? And what level should I be to do them?

What specific DLCs did you download that you can't find from your game?

You want to buy expansions in physical format?

Both expansions are well worth the money even when bought at full prize. That is, if you enjoyed the base game too. HoS is around 15 hours and BAW around 30 hours of gameplay, if I'm not totally mistaken. It has been a while since I played those. When you buy and install those expansions, you can see the recommended quest levels. HoS was 32 or something and BAW lvl 35 minimum (being lv 40 doesn't hurt either). You can start HoS during your main game if you want, but BAW is recommended to be played after beating the main game.

Sunsibar;n8457180 said:
What specific DLCs did you download that you can't find from your game?

You want to buy expansions in physical format?

Both expansions are well worth the money even when bought at full prize. That is, if you enjoyed the base game too. HoS is around 15 hours and BAW around 30 hours of gameplay, if I'm not totally mistaken. It has been a while since I played those. When you buy and install those expansions, you can see the recommended quest levels. HoS was 32 or something and BAW lvl 35 minimum (being lv 40 doesn't hurt either). You can start HoS during your main game if you want, but BAW is recommended to be played after beating the main game.

Okay, so what if I will end the base game weaker than level 32 what should I do? Or how to train and get to level 40 to BAW?
I didnt want to buy them in physical format, just searching for good place to buy them.
And I downloded all the new look for ciri yen and triss and ita not appear in the game.

Top Bottom