Yennefer & Lambert

+
Yennefer & Lambert

i'm new to the Witcher lore but i've been picking up on some stuff going on between Yen and Lambert. i think they had an affair. Yen makes numerous Lambert comments disguised as jests towards Geralt in a teasing fashion. e.g. if Geralt has the Hearts of Stone scar on his face and gors to Yen to ask her if she can remove it she says she can't but his handsomeness is still ontact and only second to Lambert. There are 2 other comments along those lines that i saw but can't recount. when they were at kaer moren prepping for the wild hunt fight they were drinking after Yen went to bed. they were playing a drinking game "have you ever". Geralt said have you ever jumped out of a lover's window. Lambert drank bc he did and then explained that he did it only because he didn't want to hurt a friend... reading between the lines i'd say he was sleeping with Yen and Geralt was approaching and he jumped out the window to spare Geralt the heartache....

any comments?

I don't think so. Some people used to believe in something between Lambert and Triss because in TW1, there are some footprints in Triss's house that lead to the window. And even that seems hard to believe. Lambert doesn't like Yen, and about what she said, is just Yen being Yen.

Yeah, no. Books spell out Lambert's distaste for sorceresses pretty well, particularly Yen. Lambert himself is quite possibly even more caustic in the books than in the game (thinking about how he acted towards Triss) Though the journals from the first game say he uses his rudeness to express fondness for someone... I never got that impression in the books. He always called her Merigold, a point which made Triss really dislike him. Can't imagine the way he acts towards Yen would endear the sorceress to him at all.

There is also the fact that Lambert is pretty bitter towards Geralt specifically because Geralt's life as a witcher involves Geralt killing things for kings and nobles and sleeping with hot sorceresses and has people who like him (Calanthe, Skellege islanders), while Lambert only ever gets to kill drowners and other monsters for people who hate him (villagers)

He did have a soft spot for Ciri, but all the Witchers did.

The "Second only to Lambert" comment was mainly Yen baiting Geralt, as that is basically all she does is try to poke holes in his ego (and considering Lambert is starting to go bald....)

Though I DO remember the books mentioning Triss having an interest in Eskel.

Last edited:
No they don't have a romance. Yennefer has a huge dislike for Lambert and vive versa. There is no prove in that theory that they had a romance. Lambert don't like sorceresses. He often refer to Triss per Merigold in the books not by her name which makes her angry. It's a suprise that he end up with Keira.

ok - u have to admit that it was rather odd that they put in the "jumping out of a lovers window because he didn't want to hurt a friends feelings" dialogue in there unless its just really random and totally unconnected to anyone present.

EdvardWitcher;n8037100 said:
ok - u have to admit that it was rather odd that they put in the "jumping out of a lovers window because he didn't want to hurt a friends feelings" dialogue in there unless its just really random and totally unconnected to anyone present.

Not really. Lambert also mentions being friends with a few Cat school Witchers.

17264501_1381229088600901_6538950508697367830_n.jpg just a Joke! dont be mad! Eu= I

Last edited:
Top Bottom