General content questions and x-packs

+
General content questions and x-packs

Several questions:

1. According to the Official Game Guide, there are 70 levels of the game. I am only L25 and I completed Act II and have done many of the secondary quests/contracts etc. I have not yet bought the two expansion packs nor have I installed any Add-ons, but I am wondering what content is going to take me from L25 to L70? What level should I get to without expansion packs? I don't see 45 levels of content left.

2. I am finding that sometimes when I go to check out a ? on the map, it ends up being L9 or L15 mobs. I guess the game doesn't scale to match your level?

3. My quest list if filled with low level quests I am not going to do. Any way to get rid of those?

Thanks replies.....

1. Level 70 is pretty much correct when you complete main game in Ng+. First game ends up somewhere around level 32 (without expansions).
2. You can use enemy upscale in options, but be warned, that can cause some enemies (bosses?) to become VERY powerful, which can one shot kill you. If you bump into that problem, just turn the scaling off 'till you have dealed with the boss.
3. I don't know any others than completing quests. Some may move to "Failed" quests list, but do not disappear entirely.

Thanks for your timely reply..

1. What does "Ng+" mean? Also not sure what "first game" to L32 means. Do you mean the game out of the box ("first game") goes to L32 and the two expansions takes one to level 70? Is that correct?

Thanks response...

When you are playing Witcher 3 main story, or any other game first time, it's called new game (NG or first game).

In Witcher 3 you have option to download free new game+ DLC (NG+), which gives you the option to play the game again with all the equipment you collected during your first game, like money, character levels, abilities, armors, weapons and alchemy recipes. Quest items and collected Gwent cards doesn't transfer to NG+, so those you need to collect again. You need to complete the main story once before you can start NG+.

So if you completed your main story first time with character who is level 34 for example, your NG+ starts with a character who is level 34. If you played the main story and expansions, your character might be level 50 or something like that. Then you start your NG+ with character who is level 50. I'm remembering that latest level cap to Geralt is 100.

When you play this game first time, you can't reach level 70. You need to use mods or start NG+ to reach that level.

Top Bottom