Mods not compiling/working

+
Mods not compiling/working

I've got an issue with The Witcher 3 on Version 1.22 where not any mod will be working.
Testing even with one official mod, placed in "The Witcher 3\Mods", no compiling happens and the mod is not in effect, same with any amount or combination of mods. I'm honestly not sure about the compiling part, should that happen for any mod or only script mods?
I'm using the GOG version launched from Galaxy.

Most common reason for this is that the file telemetrykeyword.ws isn't updated properly.

See this thread.

In my case all I needed to do was manually correct that one line of text.
import final function Log( eventType : ER4TelemetryEvents );
becomes:
import final function LogWithName( eventType : ER4TelemetryEvents );

whats the official mod ? im not aware of any...

maybe just typo , no clue if the system is case sensitive but try gamdir/mods

Most common reason for this is that the file telemetrykeyword.ws isn't updated properly.

See this thread.

In my case all I needed to do was manually correct that one line of text.
import final function Log( eventType : ER4TelemetryEvents );
becomes:
import final function LogWithName( eventType : ER4TelemetryEvents );

That's what I was driving at. :) Try this!

Checked the TelemetryKeyword file, the change is already in there, probably because I found a script mod that does that.
Oddly I have no errors or problem playing the game, just no mod is even active.

I've downloaded and launch the game through Galaxy to clarify.

Checked the TelemetryKeyword file, the change is already in there, probably because I found a script mod that does that.
Oddly I have no errors or problem playing the game, just no mod is even active.

I've downloaded and launch the game through Galaxy to clarify.

Can you explain to me (step-by-step) exactly what you did beginning with the first install of the game. Post details, like used Galaxy installer for this part but GOG.com DL for this other part, whether you used individual DLC files or the Free DLC Bundle, installed this mod then uninstalled it later, etc.

It seems like your installation was borked somehow, but I can't begin to guess yet. Have you tried simply uninstalling, manually deleting all remaining folders, and installing fresh to a new path?

OK, tested a bit more, the problem still persists, so here is more details:
Before the problem I had The Witcher 3 installed on Windows 7 via the Galaxy Launcher on a seperate drive to the system.
Had UI and camera mods installed at the time and finished the main game. Also installed every update and DLC as they came out and finished the first DLC story.
Just before B&W, I guess Version 1.1.x of the game, I've upgraded my PC and installed Windows 10. Because auf seperate drives and a backup of the savegames all data after the OS update should be present, moved the game to the new SSD via symlink and did a Install&Repair just in time for Version 1.22 and DLC.
After finishing B&W I started a new game plus without any mods and just after the first Chapter installed a few mods, just to notice the problem.

My testing now proceeded with disabling/removing all mods, testing one at a time and tried the sample mods: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/311/? .
Also now I did a full reinstall and removed the symlink (game is back on the original hard drive).
While the game is running just fine and better than before, its a bummer no mods is working.
Most notable about the problem is, that with my set of mods before, the modkit script compilation would run after any changes and does not even show now.

Had UI and camera mods installed at the time and finished the main game. Also installed every update and DLC as they came out and finished the first DLC story.
Just before B&W, I guess Version 1.1.x of the game, I've upgraded my PC and installed Windows 10. Because auf seperate drives and a backup of the savegames all data after the OS update should be present, moved the game to the new SSD via symlink and did a Install&Repair just in time for Version 1.22 and DLC.
After finishing B&W I started a new game plus without any mods and just after the first Chapter installed a few mods, just to notice the problem.

1.) When did you uninstall the UI and camera mods?

2.) Did you ever uninstall any of the DLC? (Disabling things from the options menu in-game is fine, but did you ever delete any of those files?)

3.) After upgrading to Windows 10 and re-installing, did you install any mods (at that point)?

4.) When you began the NG+ game "without any mods", does that mean you uninstalled them at that point, or they were already uninstalled from some prior point?

The only thing I can think of is a pathing issue with either your new installation or the mod manager (assuming you're using one.) Seems like a lot of the files will have changed on your new OS because of the update, so this is very possible. I'll need to know the answers above to begin narrowing down when and where something may have happened.

To answer directly to your questions:
1) Just after finishing the last DLC and before NG+, all working on the updated PC.
2) Never uninstalled any of the DLC, only installed as it came out and disabled only 2 ingame.
3) The mods before the update were still installed and I did not change them.
4) I've uninstalled the the mods before loading my last Savegame, saving it seperatly and then using the new one for NG+. The savegame spot was in Corvo Bianco.

As mod manager I'm using Nexus Mod Manager, which moved Files to "GameFolder\Mods" but now between testing I noticed that deactivating a mod does not move the mod out of that folder. I also tested with a manual Mod.settings file and moving Folders manually, also renaming to "GameFolder\mods".
I#m gonna check that manager setup soon.

Just to be sure, try uninstalling NMM completely. Manually delete the path itself and any remaining folders after that. Use CCleaner to scan your Registry for errors. Run it repeatedly until it reports back "No conflicts detected". Restart your PC and run it repeatedly again (though this should probably report no conflicts immediately.)

When you re-install NMM, manually set the installation directory to something other than the last installation. Call it C:\Modding\NexusMM\Mods or whatever -- just not the default path.

To be super-safe, before actually installing any mods, return to White Orchard, save in a new save slot, and use that file to begin adding mods / begin NG+ again.

Sadly I start to miss mods again, reinstallations and the GOTY Version have also not been a solution. :(
It's still the issue, that mods do not compile at all, the process for that does not show, not even an error.

Last edited:
DaScrooge;n8442150 said:
Sadly I start to miss mods again, reinstallations and the GOTY Version have also not been a solution. :(
It's still the issue, that mods do not compile at all, the process for that does not show, not even an error.

Then you are doing something wrong. If you are installing scripted mods to the correct location and you run script merger and it is not picking up any mods that share scripts, it means our setup is incorrect.
Do you have more than one version of Witcher 3 installed, such as the normal version and the GOTY version?

Top Bottom