The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Pre-order poll

+

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Pre-order poll

• Standard Edition

Votes: 88 27.3%
  • Collector's Edition

Votes: 147 45.7%
  • Some other Edition (Limited/Special Edition)

Votes: 12 3.7%
  • Digital

Votes: 141 43.8%
  • Physical Disk

Votes: 78 24.2%
  • PC

Votes: 199 61.8%
  • XB1

Votes: 10 3.1%
  • PS4

Votes: 28 8.7%

• Total voters
Decided to just get it on GoG instead of a physical copy. Cheaper and more stuff. Plus all the money goes to the devs. Bought it last night. Does anyone know if Galaxy will support Pre-loading? Or would it be hard to allow pre-loading with a DRM free game?

Last edited:
Decided to just get it on GoG instead of a physical copy. Cheaper and more stuff. Plus all the money goes to the devs. Bought it last night. Does anyone know if Galaxy will support Pre-loading? Or would it be hard to allow pre-loading with a DRM free game?

I hope so, or I'm screwed :(
They did pre-loading from GOG on the enhanced edition for TW2, so I'd expect it to be OK for TW3.

I hope so, or I'm screwed :(
They did pre-loading from GOG on the enhanced edition for TW2, so I'd expect it to be OK for TW3.
Oh, they did? Alright then. I'm really not sure how pre-loading works. I always assumed it installed the game on your PC but then steam locked you from playing it until release. When it comes to steam anyway. Yeah, I hope they allow it just because I'm afraid of servers getting hit really hard.

From the FAQ on the gog pre-order page:

[h=2]5. When can I download The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt?[/h] The game will be available to pre-download prior to its planned February release date. Stay tuned for the details.

Oh, they did? Alright then. I'm really not sure how pre-loading works. I always assumed it installed the game on your PC but then steam locked you from playing it until release. When it comes to steam anyway. Yeah, I hope they allow it just because I'm afraid of servers getting hit really hard.

With EE, they allowed you to download most of the game, except for one small but crucial file.

Preoder availability for the CE version in Germany

Hello.

Does anyone of you know when the CE will be available for preorder in Germany?

I ask because the link I can follow from the preorder page brings me to Amazon Germany and they only let you enter a mailing list that reminds you via email when you can actually preorder the game. Since it is "only" 3 month now and I would really like to get the CE instead of the "normal" edition I kinda like to know when I can preoder it.

I know how fast those CE's can be sold out and I wanne make sure that I get one of them. In England and other countrys I can already preorder the CE but not in Germany. That is what troubles me a little bit. Don't want to miss the CE because of an error or a mistake Amazon made.

If anyone of you has more information about the availability of the CE in Germany please let me know. Since I can't preorder in another country (already tried it).

Thanks.

Alexander

Edit: Sorry I just saw that I postet this in the wrong thread. As there is already a thread about the availability of the CE. If a mod can move this post it would be great. Thx

Last edited:
I hate to have to say this, but I think it sold out in Germany quite a long time ago. It was available from Amazon DE and, I guess, quite a few other places.

Yeah I kinda guessed that after what I read on the corresponding thread. But I find it kind of misguiding from Amazon to say "Hey you can enter the email list and we inform you when you can preorder". That way you don't automatically think "Damn I am too late, all sold out!". That only bringes your hopes up that you are not too late.

I just checked all of the three UK online shops that are offfered from CDPR's preorder page. One does not offer shipping to Germany. On was sold out and the last one had copies left or at least they still took preorders and they ship to Germany. So I did not hesitate long and placed a preorder. Sure I have to pay a little more for the shipping but that is ok and still far better then receiving no CE at all. Let's just hope that they really had copies left for preorder and did not only take the order no matter if the had a copy left or not.

Yeah I kinda guessed that after what I read on the corresponding thread. But I find it kind of misguiding from Amazon to say "Hey you can enter the email list and we inform you when you can preorder". That way you don't automatically think "Damn I am too late, all sold out!". That only bringes your hopes up that you are not too late.

I just checked all of the three UK online shops that are offfered from CDPR's preorder page. One does not offer shipping to Germany. On was sold out and the last one had copies left or at least they still took preorders and they ship to Germany. So I did not hesitate long and placed a preorder. Sure I have to pay a little more for the shipping but that is ok and still far better then receiving no CE at all. Let's just hope that they really had copies left for preorder and did not only take the order no matter if the had a copy left or not.

I'm from Germany as well and I was actually looking to buy the English version of the CE so that I can have the localized stuff in English. I pre-ordered the German version back in June, so if you want to have the German one, we could trade.

I'm from Germany as well and I was actually looking to buy the English version of the CE so that I can have the localized stuff in English. I pre-ordered the German version back in June, so if you want to have the German one, we could trade.

I like my CE in english as well so I don't mind the version at all. But first let me get my CE and let it be without any damage from shipping etc. and then I might consider a trade if that is still ok for you. If not then it is fine too. But thank you very much for the offer though.

Edit: By the way. The price for the UK version was in £ so my CE will cost me 168,70 € + a little bit extra for the shipping to Germany. If it comes to a trade you would have to pay the difference between the German and the UK Version. Otherwise it would be a rather bad trade for me. ;-)

Last edited:
I just got the steam edition, but that geralt fighting griffing figure looks awesome, I hope they sell that separately at a later date.

GOG Edition. 20% off for owning TW1 and TW2 as well as plenty of extra digital content available nowhere else? Yes please! Sign me up!

I'm not interested in another dust collector to sit alongside my Malgus and Molag Bal, I'll pass on this one.

I rarely buy collector's editions, only for games I really like. Safe to say, Witcher 3 is one of those titles. Got it for PC

Bought the GoG version as well, since I prefer my games downloaded instead of on a disc. Easier to update as well.

Release is crawling pretty close, looking forward to seeing the box appear :)

I'm about ready to cancel and wait. Gameworks, and me with an R9 290X doesn't seem like I['m in the right crowd anymore, maybe?

Finger on the cancel order button for the Collector's Edition, of course, I wouldn't do one of my favorite series without it. However, if this isn't going to work properly with my PC I will go ahead and wait till PS4 years from now when I can buy one (or NEVER). :)

Last edited:
I'm about ready to cancel and wait. Gameworks, and me with an R9 290X doesn't seem like I['m in the right crowd anymore, maybe?

Finger on the cancel order button for the Collector's Edition, of course, I wouldn't do one of my favorite series without it. However, if this isn't going to work properly with my PC I will go ahead and wait till PS4 years from now when I can buy one (or NEVER). :)

Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds? When has CDPR ever intentionally undermined the PC community? There would be no Witcher series without PC gamers, Nvidia and AMD owners. You don't have access to any of GameWorks' features. So what? The game is still going to be great regardless. Honestly, all this doom and gloom is really starting to get ridiculous. TW3 is more likely to run terribly on consoles than it will on PC with an AMD GPU.

Top Bottom