Start your journey with The Witcher 3 REDkit

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
Make the The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt entirely your own!

We proudly present to you the The Witcher 3 REDkit editor, an end-to-end solution which allows users to create new experiences and modify all aspects of The Witcher 3. You will be using refurbished versions of the same tools which were used by the RED developers to create this legendary game almost a decade ago.

We cannot wait to see where your imagination takes you!

Create a new experience

The Witcher 3 REDkit allows users to edit and add content to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on PC. This set of tools will help our community to customize all elements of the game in larger volumes than ever before. This means the ability to create:
  • new quests
  • new worlds
  • new cutscenes
  • new characters / monsters / NPCs
  • new journal entries, dialogues etc
…and more! Users have access to all game files and - for the first time - the means to tweak them with fully supported tools.

Share it with others

We also wanted everyone to be able to share their new creations with others easily. The Witcher 3 REDkit is designed to give users the:
  • ability to create new DLCs
  • package mods in a standardized way
After creating the project you will be able to export it in a standardized way to share with other users either on Nexus Mods or on the Steam Workshop.

Your guide for the journey

The Witcher 3 is still such an universally cherished game that we want to invite everyone to take a shot at altering it with The Witcher 3 REDkit. We know modding might seem a daunting task at first when your left on your own. That’s why we prepared guides, documentation and a demo project which everyone can follow on their journey.

Step-by-step tutorials with various complexity levels will help you hone your skills and create your first mods!

Requirements

The Editor will be available for free for all users who already own The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt game on one of these PC stores: Steam / Epic Games Store / GOG.

Playtest

In order to sign up for the playtest, simply navigate to the store page of The Witcher 3 REDkit on Steam and request access:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2684660/The_Witcher_3_REDkit/

Playtest access will be distributed in batches. After receiving access "The Witcher 3 REDkit Playtest" will appear in your Steam Library.

Last edited:
Hello. Please tell me, is the REDkit editor compatible with game version 1.31-1.32 or will it only work with the next-gen edition?
I would really like to start studying this tool for my favorite game, but I would like to first understand the main technical limitations.

How can we contribute to the documentation? I noticed a couple of typos, but Confluence won't let me leave comments without permission.

Since Confluence web mobile doesn't support inline comments and is not very user-friendly, can I somehow access the documentation via their mobile app? I just wanna be able to read the documentation on my phone, but the app also requires login and permissions to access the docs space.

Inline Comment.png

What is the name of the Toussaint location in the level files?... I searched for a very long time, but could not find it.
Tell me, if, as indicated in the tutorial, I select the “load group” command for the “Tavern” line in the White Garden location, after that the items in the list of objects are marked as highlighted, but the building itself does not appear on the screen - is this how it should be? Or am I doing something wrong?

Top Bottom