Pyres of Novigrad bug, can't progress with main quest line. *Possible Spoilers!*

+
There fixing it so they have no reason to give u anything these patches take time on consoles so u need a little patience

So I've just had probably the dumbest idea. Did any of you guys did the Contract: Murders in Byways? I know it's level 22 required and it's probably impossible for those that went straight to Novigrad for story and are low level, but it would be great if someone could test this, doing that quest actually fixed the crashing issue for me, maybe it will also fix the glitch from Pyres in Novigrad? It's a long shot and probably won't help, but it won't hurt to try right? If someone already did it and can confirm that it didn't help then please let us know!

I don't know if there will be a fix so you can continue with your current save... but I started over and this time it opened the way it should. Great game though the different glitches are frustrating.

So I've just had probably the dumbest idea. Did any of you guys did the Contract: Murders in Byways? I know it's level 22 required and it's probably impossible for those that went straight to Novigrad for story and are low level, but it would be great if someone could test this, doing that quest actually fixed the crashing issue for me, maybe it will also fix the glitch from Pyres in Novigrad? It's a long shot and probably won't help, but it won't hurt to try right? If someone already did it and can confirm that it didn't help then please let us know!

Just tried it, changed nothing :x

I'm starting to think CDPR doesn't care about fixing this issue. They have yet to officially address it as they very quickly did with the EXP problem sticky. It seems that they are more concerned with low priority problems with lots of complaining behind them like the exp problem and subtitle size.. Who cares about people who haven't been able to progress the main story line since the games release 10 days ago now, right CDPR?

Last edited:
They know it, but ignore it. I reported it one day after Release and no responce from CDPR and now its nearly 2 weeks after release and still nothing! Both 1.03 and 1.04 changed nothing at all.

They know it, but ignore it. I reported it one day after Release and no responce from CDPR and now its nearly 2 weeks after release and still nothing! Both 1.03 and 1.04 changed nothing at all.

1.04 is not even out on PS4 how can it help when it's not out? And hey guys, they did address this issue in this topic and on twitter. I know you are angry but try to read more carefully.

1.04 is not even out on PS4 how can it help when it's not out? And hey guys, they did address this issue in this topic and on twitter. I know you are angry but try to read more carefully.

I'm obviously talking about the PC Version. Do I look like a Peasant? :D

I m fucking done, i won t start new game after 20 hours playing

20? Cute! I'm 70hrs into the Game and my Quest is still bugged. I'm Level21 on Deathmarch and defintily not going to restart with the possibility that the Quest bugs out again.

Sorry bro, I have nothing against my PC bros (the normal ones), yet I do not go to there doing what the person above me did. Yet when provoked I will not sit idly. I'm tired of people acting this way.

I totally agree with you mate, I myself am a PS4 and a PC gamer, in our defense, we never provoked a hostile comment yet he did initiate it.

Anyways, here is a post on the 1.04 patch for the console posted by Marcin yesterday:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/42937-Addressing-the-no-XP-Glitch?p=1718751#post1718751

Here's a link of the twitter of Marcin stating that the PC patches are DIFFERENT than the console patches regarding contents and fixes. So in conclusion as we can see now, the patch 1.04 for the PC did NOT fix the Novigrad bug, but it will fix it for the consoles.
It is only logically that they will soon roll out a hotfix for the PC.

LINK: https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/604577144455446528

Top Bottom