[Mild Character Spoilers] Missed opportunities for romance options

+
[Mild Character Spoilers] Missed opportunities for romance options

So guys,

I really love Yen and I like Triss (no offense Team Merigold), but I thought in general there were very few OTHER romance options or even one-night-stands in the game.

I'm normally not one who has sex scenes on my top priority list, so this is probably the main reason why I only come up with this now so late after the games release, but I couldn't help but see a lot of scenes where characters are almost more-than-obviously flirting with Geralt or Geralt likes them a lot and there is no option whatsoever to do anything in that regard.

I see that for the endgame obviously there are very few characters that could ultimately "end up" with Geralt for the rest of his life (such as Yen, Triss, maybe Fringilla (but rather not considering how this ended in the books) and 1 or 2 others maybe from the previous games))

Non the less I did find it a little bit disappointing that:

1. Triss had so little screen time (I understand Yen has to have more because of her connection to Ciri, but again I think Triss had to little screentime non the less and her "I love you" decision was way too early to properly decide between the two possible characters) But that is for another topic

2. That your "love interests" had to little in-between missions dialogue and are suddenly "gone" after the end of the game (there could be a way to fix this by building in an ending with Yen/Triss after the normal ending where you can maybe see how they ended up (a kind of "a typical day in the rest of their lives" thing) and give us the option to TALK to them at least). But again, NOT the point of the thread.

3. And that's my point in this thread. I was disappointed there were not more possible romance options. I know romance was never the focus in TW3, but I would have expected at least 3 or 4 more options, I mean come on. Who do we have?

Options we have (aside from Yen/Triss):

- Keira Metz (furthering out progression in the banging-sorceresses bingo :p) which had a crush on Geralt in the books I think
- The lady at the Gwent tournament
- The master-swordfigher on skellige

And here are some opportunities / possibilities which were missed IMO:

Fringilla -------------------- okay considering she came so late in the game (no pun intended) I understand that
Ves -------------------------- I mean come on, I know she was never a very DEVELOPED character but we had an option -------------------------------- with her in TW2
Rosa Var Attre ------------ the girl was impressed to fight with a witcher and she dropped all the hints and glances, I
-------------------------------- mean come on
Herbalist from E3 ------- she never made it into the game. The face animation was one of the best once I seen but
-------------------------------- CDPR somehow excluded her and her quest-line from the game
And elven woman ------- I think the elves had way too little screentime in the game, and there was no romance either
Cerys ----------------------- about the one that I'd say was the most obvious and should definitely have been an option. She -------------------------------- was definitely jealous of Yennefer or at least the kind of relationship she had with me/Geralt,
-------------------------------- she did fancy Geralt a lot and she sounded as if she was interested. Sure some might say we
-------------------------------- wouldn't because of her father and whatnot, but hell her father had something with Yen didn't
-------------------------------- he? Also have such things ever stopped Geralt? Also he really liked her (and I like her
--------------------------------- character too, maybe I'm alone there but...)

Do you agree with me and do you have any other characters that would have been fitting for a romance and CDPR missed. And if you do not agree, elaborate why?

It's not a big topic for me and it does certainly not ruin the game, it was just something that came to me after playing the game for some time and I though I'd start a little discussion since I did not see a thread mentioning this specific topic yet (sorry if I missed it/ didn't see it)

Last edited:
I agree with 99% of what you wrote, I even think there are others who you didn't mention (Edna var Attre, Tomira, Birna, Corinne, Priscilla, Margarita ex...). I understand that this isn't a 'gotta f*ck 'em all' game like the W1, but it's still a role playing game and I wish they could've been romance opportunities for every female character (except Ciri), a reward for the players for selecting the correct dialogue options at the right times. (But not 'Sex as a reward' in terms of ingame context, fucking Australians spoiling everything).

But in regards to Cerys. The moment Crach says something along the lines of 'Ciri and Cerys are near the same age' I knew she wasn't going to be a romance option. And knowing Ciri's bisexuality I imediately then thought Cerys might eventually be a romance option for Ciri. Maybe with a Cerys/Hjalmar choice for us to make with Ciri at some point, the bisexual equivalent of the Yen/Triss choice... Alas that didn't happen and after that I did sense the chemistry between Geralt and Cerys, but wasn't suprised went it went nowhere.

I would add to that list Corine Tilly (gorgeus woman) and Tomira, the herbalist of White Orchard. Apart from Triss and Yenn, they were the most clear options

Priscilla

Well that would be a little bit cruel to Dandelion, wouldn't it`?

I'm glad that they decided that Geralt shouldn't be able to do so. I don't see the fascination of having "sex" or having "romances" in video games, especially not if it doesn't fit into the overall narrative.

Well Triss doesn't fit the main narrative either, or rather rarely contributes to it, and she's still a love interest.
I don't understand the problem. In the books Geralt had one or two one night stands with people from different stories where he had monster contracts or other matters to tend to (side stories so to speak). He is just that kind of guy, UNLESS of course he is seriously dating Yennefer or Triss, which again, is the players choice for that matter.

I do not see the harm of 3 or 4 more romance options, especially spread across 120 hours of gameplay that is not a lot.

I understand that this isn't a 'gotta f*ck 'em all' game like the W1, but it's still a role playing game

Exactly. The Witcher 1's way to handle it was very immature, but that doesn't mean romance options should disappear altogether. It's an RPG, and everyone likes a different kind of woman, and everyone liked a different lifestyle (some seek relationships, other are searching for romantic flings), it really depends on the players opinion about how to life your life (or how Geralt should end up living for that matter).

I wish they could've been romance opportunities for every female character (except Ciri)

Agreed, Ciri is a no go. I mean if we had a romance in one of the Ciri sequences I wouldn't have said anything, though I would have found it kind of unnecessary, but Geralt - Ciri? Well, that is not okay from a lore POV. He is her (spiritual) father. That is as if you would say Vesemir - Ciri, same level of ridiculousness and it just doesn't FIT to the feelings and kind of relationship Geralt and Ciri have.

But in regards to Cerys. The moment Crach says something along the lines of 'Ciri and Cerys are near the same age' I knew she wasn't going to be a romance option.

Oh c'mon, as if Geralt was ever interested in the AGE of a women he had something with. Yen is very old, Triss is pretty young (for a sorceress) and I know more than one moment where he had relationships or one-night-stands with very young women in the book (and even in the game I think, though it was in TW1 which makes it less of a positive point I guess).

And knowing Ciri's bisexuality I imediately then thought Cerys might eventually be a romance option for Ciri.

Don't know if Ciri was ever really bisexual. I always thought that would only have been a phase of her live where she was 1. very vulnerable and 2. did experiment a lot. I mean she committed crimes as well, so I never saw it as definite PROOF of it. But of course that is a possibility. Non the less I never imagined Cerys being a romance for Ciri, the only one ever coming close was Skjall, and even there I was like "... meh... Idk.. " when I saw the scene

Maybe with a Cerys/Hjalmar choice for us to make with Ciri at some point, the bisexual equivalent of the Yen/Triss choice... Alas that didn't happen

I'M glad it didn't happen. Ciri - for me - is too important in the overall storyline to waste time on giving her a romance, especially since almost whenever we see her she and/or we are in a hurry because dangers afoot.

and after that I did sense the chemistry between Geralt and Cerys, but wasn't suprised went it went nowhere.

Well I really was surprised because they REALLY HAD some chemistry IMO. Also I was surprised the later ACTs didn't have a "help uniting the clans" questline with Cerys. ACT2/3 seemed a little thin in comparison to ACT1 for me.

Last edited:
IMHO the greatest misses for another romance were:
1. Tomira the Herbalist
2 & 3 The Var Attre twins.Twins! XD
4. Ves, if Gerald did her in the previous game.

And of course Triss needed more screen time, but they said they'll consider fixing it after the next patch.

Last edited:
I want Philippa, Ciri ( can fit perfectly from a RP point of view ) and Cerys. Ves should be in for player choosed her in witcher 2. I like also the others...and in anycase...Gerald is a latin lover. He always end to have sex with some ladies XD

the short black haired elf girl in novigrad, the one, geralt saves from the racists, that could have been a very good one

Well Triss doesn't fit the main narrative either, or rather rarely contributes to it, and she's still a love interest.
I don't understand the problem. In the books Geralt had one or two one night stands with people from different stories where he had monster contracts or other matters to tend to (side stories so to speak). He is just that kind of guy, UNLESS of course he is seriously dating Yennefer or Triss, which again, is the players choice for that matter.

I do not see the harm of 3 or 4 more romance options, especially spread across 120 hours of gameplay that is not a lot.
No harm, but also no point...

Like I said, I don't see the fascination of that in a (premature) video game.

I want Philippa, Ciri ( can fit perfectly from a RP point of view ) and Cerys. Ves should be in for player choosed her in witcher 2. I like also the others...and in anycase...Gerald is a latin lover. He always end to have sex with some ladies XD

Why do people want this? I really don't understand. Its screwed up, and frankly something neither of those characters would ever want.

(But not 'Sex as a reward' in terms of ingame context, fucking Australians spoiling everything).

Yeah sorry man... our censors suck.
Dont see why the rest of the world should miss out though.

Dont agree with Priscilla though. Would Dandilion do geralts love interest? Well probably, but Geralt has more honor.
No to Ciri.
I wouldnt do Phillipa just because of the things she has done. If anyone wants to though, why not. If she will go strait that is.

Tomira, the elven girl, the var Attre twins (certainly Rosa) and Cerys were all set up for it and I reckon the content would already be created. The final conversations with these characters, except the elven girl, all basically say "I want you to have sex with me", then abruptly stop.
Probably "requested" to be removed by vested interests, to avoid (unwarranted) contraversy that might hurt the sales of their particular interest.

They way I see it, in the games there was been some sort of "evolution" if you can call it that way...

In W1, it was mostly about meaningless sex and collecting cards...

In W2, they added some feels, but the key element was erotism, check the elven baths...

and in W3, they added romanticism, with even more feels, those three words being thrown around and lifelong commitments to either of the two ladies...

Now, this is positive, none can deny that... it is actually the best way to go about it....

And yet, you know... since he is about to commit, hang his metaphorical boots, can't our hero have a "bachelor party" of sorts? you know, with a certain Nifgardian trainee? and her jealous sister? and perhaps, that herbalist, so troubled after the potion was applied, perhaps needed some relief too and let's not forgets a certain oniromancer who had troubled dreams, maybe Geralt could give her some comfort too...

They way I see it, in the games there was been some sort of "evolution" if you can call it that way...

In W1, it was mostly about meaningless sex and collecting cards...

In W2, they added some feels, but the key element was erotism, check the elven baths...

and in W3, they added romanticism, with even more feels, those three words being thrown around and lifelong commitments to either of the two ladies...

Now, this is positive, none can deny that... it is actually the best way to go about it....

And yet, you know... since he is about to commit, hang his metaphorical boots, can't our hero have a "bachelor party" of sorts? you know, with a certain Nifgardian trainee? and her jealous sister? and perhaps, that herbalist, so troubled after the potion was applied, perhaps needed some relief too and let's not forgets a certain oniromancer who had troubled dreams, maybe Geralt could give her some comfort too...

Let's have a bachelor party with chicks and guns and fire trucks and hookers and drugs and booze!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6LhrNIVI7k

Last edited:
What about some exotic romance ?
We know Geralt would not say no to good looking female creatures :D
So...

My votes :
-for Succubus (come'on!)
-for Mermaid (somewhere there must a be a "not crazy" one..)

:geraltfeelgood:

I'm glad Geralt can't fuck every woman he meets in TW3,like he did in TW1.Seriosly,give some random woman flowers in TW1 and she'll give you a sex card have sex with you.It was just silly.But I still think Fringillla should've been our third romance option.

I'm glad Geralt can't fuck every woman he meets in TW3
Agree here, but Geralt is a bit "too good" in Witcher 3. Compared to the other Games.
He should not jump on everything, but also a few more would not be sooo bad :p

Succubus :geraltthatsgood:

And dont forget his new love....

:p

Last edited:
I'm glad Geralt can't fuck every woman he meets in TW3,like he did in TW1.Seriosly,give some random woman flowers in TW1 and she'll give you a sex card have sex with you.It was just silly.But I still think Fringillla should've been our third romance option.

Pretty sure Fingilla will be in expansions...if CDPR dont let someone else put there fingerprints on it.

Hm... Will they change the animations a bit , or maybe we get the same 0815 , but with fringilla Face ?

Top Bottom