Valheim

+
I liked that they reminded people that the game is meant to be difficult. Also makes me wonder just how hard Ashlands will be -- not to mention Deep North.

I saw that. I hope it's only in Ashland biome... Or at least, we'll get a proper infos about how fire spreads, because I fear I will encounter some minor inconveniences, before to get access to stone cutter :D

It _could_ be only in Ashlands (I hope). Place seems to be rather hot, so maybe that extra heat could be enough for setting fires all around.

It would be rather harsh to have fire burn wooden walls regardless of biome; starting out would get unnecessarily tricky, and it takes a while to unlock the stonecutter.
As long as we "know" how fire spreads (like the range), it could be managable I guess.
It _could_ be only in Ashlands (I hope). Place seems to be rather hot, so maybe that extra heat could be enough for setting fires all around.
Well, hashlands seem to be a dangerous place, so building in wood doesn't seem very safe. I will bring a stone cutter with me for sure :D
-------
On side note, few days ago, I saw an 1.6GB update, so I had a brief moment of happyness before realizing that no, it wasn't Hashlands yet.

On side note, few days ago, I saw an 1.6GB update, so I had a brief moment of happyness before realizing that no, it wasn't Hashlands yet.
At least the patch notes said: "We've got a bunch of fixes and improvements for you today, to smooth out the game and to prepare everything for the upcoming Ashlands update."

Trying not to be too hyped, but sounds like THE update is really close.

Just red the comments for that tweet and they say
that most things fire will make the wood burn (fire arrows, firestaff, enemies, campfires etc). By default this only happens in Ashlands, but there is an optional setting for making it happen everywhere.

Apparently one of the developers (@jsmars) said this along with Valheim account, so it should be accurate.

Edit: I wonder if we will get stone roofs :think:

Last edited:
Yeah, I won't either for the same reason. Or maybe the very end to see if they provide a release date. I don't need to be hyped or teased, I simply wait to play it myself :giggle:

My favorite parts of this game are building, maxing all skills, and meeting new people. I also enjoy learning different tricks and chilling there. The huge map is really fun to explore for me.
Had some connection issues before. The biggest issues were the delay between doors, chests opening, loot getting picked up, and teleporting enemies. We're a group of 7, and we thought their servers were pretty slow. And since we got a private server, most of the problems disappeared.
If anyone's interested, we rent it from SuperCraft. They now have some discounts, so instead of $13, you can get a server for $8 a month.

Last edited:
Not testing it, just playing the normal game an getting ready for the official release. However, I did see a screenshot of the ashlands building content, which was claimed to be vanilla, and it was absolutely amazing! Even darkwood looks dull compared to it (IMO)!

So yeh, I guess at least Bob the Builders can be hyped :D
1714676641495.png

Link to that spoiler screenshot source:

Last edited:
Top Bottom