2.02 Update on GOG version made PC performance worse...

+
CP2077 UPDATE2.2 PC.png

Apologies for not noticing the PC section when I first posted this topic. HUB Benchmark on screenshot results is Hardware Unboxed's benchmark where they walk from the Stadium to the Pyramid in Dogtown.

I did the same benchmark and compared it to the built-in benchmark the game already has. From update 2.01 to 2.02, the performance has gotten worse instead of better despite the patch notes saying "Various optimizations, performance improvements and crash fixes."

I know this is an Nvidia-sponsored title but performance regression shouldn't be happening when the update notes mention it includes various optimizations and performance improvements.

I reverted back to update 2.01 and reran the built-in benchmark which gave me positive results. Performance loss was restored when reverting back. But had to update to 2.02 anyway due to corrupt saved data.

For those experiencing a performance loss after 2.02, you're not alone and hopefully the devs are aware of this and are working on a fix for it soon. That is my hope for the time being and yes, I've submitted a ticket, too.

Last edited:
I tried reverting back to the previous 2.01 update and redid the built-in benchmark only to discover my performance returned. But I can't play the game with the previous patch as it'll say "saved data corrupted" so I'm forced to update to 2.02 in order to play.

I'm on Xbox XS, Am I going to have to uninstall and reinstall this game every time there's an update?

I'm on Xbox XS, Am I going to have to uninstall and reinstall this game every time there's an update?
Usually no. More easier to fix console issues due to consoles having same specs while PC has all kinds of specs they have to optimize for. I've never had problems prior and the game still runs but it just makes no sense to me that the patch notes say performance improvements and yet I'm losing performance on PC (GOG version).

After update 2.02, the game image begins to lose clarity when moving the mouse. This happens in the menu and during the game itself. After resetting the graphics settings, nothing changes. Reinstalling the game didn't help either.

I've uninstalled latest AMD driver 23.10.2 using DDU and reinstalled it. Did not fix the performance loss. Verified game files, uninstalled and reinstalled patch update 2.02, still did not fix performance loss.

Yep performance is terrible on the new patch. Mine starts micro freezing during the start screens and sends them all out of whack, Then when the games starts the micro freezes start again every 10-30 seconds. This is through Gog Galaxy but if I run the game by itself it runs perfect. So I'd say galaxy is doing something to cause this as like I said, Here the game runs perfect without it but as soon as I start it with Galaxy it chunks along.

I've also experienced a large fps drop since 2.02. 2.01 I was getting average 70-80fps with 3070, ultra settings with RT on at 1440p. Since 2.02 its about 50 fps average. Strange thing is doesn't seem to matter what graphics settings low, med, high or ultra, still have the same ~50 fps so seems like a bug? Was on driver version 537.42 and tried the latest 545.92 didn't help. Also tried re-installing but no luck. Tried loading default graphics settings, no luck. It seems like the graphics settings are locked to something and I can't change them to increase or decrease fps at all.

Yep performance is terrible on the new patch. Mine starts micro freezing during the start screens and sends them all out of whack, Then when the games starts the micro freezes start again every 10-30 seconds. This is through Gog Galaxy but if I run the game by itself it runs perfect. So I'd say galaxy is doing something to cause this as like I said, Here the game runs perfect without it but as soon as I start it with Galaxy it chunks along.
If it's the GOG version, how do you run the game without opening the launcher?
Post automatically merged:

I've also experienced a large fps drop since 2.02. 2.01 I was getting average 70-80fps with 3070, ultra settings with RT on at 1440p. Since 2.02 its about 50 fps average. Strange thing is doesn't seem to matter what graphics settings low, med, high or ultra, still have the same ~50 fps so seems like a bug? Was on driver version 537.42 and tried the latest 545.92 didn't help. Also tried re-installing but no luck. Tried loading default graphics settings, no luck. It seems like the graphics settings are locked to something and I can't change them to increase or decrease fps at all.
It sucks losing performance especially in this game since it's very demanding. I really hope they're aware and doing something about it.

Best thing ever, for the first time I just launched the game with the REDprelaucher without GOG open and i got no more lag/crash
It's running perfectly on 4070/i7

After update 2.02, the game image begins to lose clarity when moving the mouse. This happens in the menu and during the game itself. After resetting the graphics settings, nothing changes. Reinstalling the game didn't help either.
Do you have Radeon Boost enabled?

If it's the GOG version, how do you run the game without opening the launcher?
Post automatically merged:
I use Heroic launcher on Linux (there's a windows version too), I was using Galaxy so I could get achievements but since 2.02 it's garbage.

Just for the hell of it I decided to try running it by itself without Galaxy running and it's like playing a different game. So much smoother.
Tested this to just now, its the "exact" same for me atleast in benchmarks. Not sure ill test more since it seems theres no differance at all for me (average fps was within 0.5%, min/max was higher with Galaxy running) Very odd unless its caused by something tangential.

For Steam, too.
The game flatlines so much while taking screenshots. Before this patch, I was able to fetch them with everything on high on my 1660ti (even psycho raytracing as a chef's kiss), with very low framerate but manageable.
Now, as soon as I go with same setting, the game crashes.

Top Bottom