2.1 RT/PT performance is drastically worse than 2.02 (and no it is not a DLSS on/off issue!)

+
Been having a nightmare with patch 2.1 so far. it's performance is so much worse than in v2.02.

let me say clearly that I'm an experienced pc enthusiast user and I don't fall for simple things like others who just forgot to reactivate DLSS after the patch.

I've been playing on rtx3060 laptop and got 50fps locked in NC and around 40-50fps in dogtown with my custom 1080p DLSS-P / PT / RR config in v2.02.

now in v2.1 with the same settings newly re-applied to the new settings layout-screen I got really worse performance. Still running the same 1080p DLSS-P / PT / RR config now but I get a maximum of around 30fps in NC and in dogtown it is shit all over the place with arount 10-24fps max. it's a night and day difference.

I reinstalled v2.02 while keeping everything else untouched and I do get my 50fps locked performance back.

cpu utilization looks worse in v2.1.
I used the latest nvidia drivers (v546.29 and v546.31 hotfix)

Thought it would be fun trying CP2077 again with v2.1 but with these problems, I won't start it up again. Back to other games until the performance got patched - it will get patched, won't it? I have a bad feeling about that..

I don't have my hopes up for this being fixed. From.what I can tell, CDPR has yet to even address the issue or reply to any performance issue threads. At least none that I can find. This is absolutely unacceptable.

I don't have my hopes up for this being fixed. From.what I can tell, CDPR has yet to even address the issue or reply to any performance issue threads. At least none that I can find. This is absolutely unacceptable.
it seems like they put patch 2.1 out in a hurry with all the problems and then went out for christmas vacation. this is so annoying.

If I recall the whole "Cyberpunk 2077" and "Witcher 3 Raytracing" PATCHES-experience... - it was a total mess!
You never knew what happens to the game after another patch, which new bugs or performance-degradations were introduced..

I was and I'm still in awe of the masterful art they were able to deliver, but you should never forget how CD Project Red fails in these other aspects.

This is limiting my expectations for all future CDPR titels, because even if they'll be great art, they'll always come with this kind of messed up experiences.

That was not my experience when I tried 2.1- quiet the opposite, performance is better for me with path tracing enabled in 2.1 version.

-I would also recommend trying the FSR 3 frame gen mod: dlssg-to-fsr3 (Replace Nvidia DLSS-G Frame Gen with AMD FSR3 Frame Gen) at Modding Tools - Nexus Mods It works really well.
I've been using the mod since v0.10, but this is not the point.
Because with a v2.1 base-FPS of around 20-25 FPS instead of v2.02 ~50fps, frame generation will still suck and feel choppy with a lot of input lag. FG is only good if you have at least 50-60 fps as base, from which the frames are generated.
all tricks like DLSS, Frame Generation and that kind of stuff should never be an excuse to release patches with bad or worse performance. Obviously (if reading most of the threads) only RTX 4000 series users don't have too much performance problems (and that is obviously because FG is concealing the performance loss) and that looks like they didn't invest enough time on QA to make sure it runs on all the other graphic cards (and CPUs) aswell.

patch v2.02 with the FGmod will be the final version of CP2077 for me, as long as they are not able to deliver quality patches. forget about the v2.1 features they are worth nothing if the game runs like *****.

Last edited:
Because with a v2.1 base-FPS of around 20-25 FPS instead of v2.02 ~50fps, frame generation will still suck and feel choppy with a lot of input lag. FG is only good if you have at least 50-60 fps as base, from which the frames are generated.
all tricks like DLSS, Frame Generation and that kind of stuff should never be an excuse to release patches with bad or worse performance. Obviously (if reading most of the threads) only RTX 4000 series users don't have too much performance problems (and that is obviously because FG is concealing the performance loss) and that looks like they didn't invest enough time on QA to make sure it runs on all the other graphic cards (and CPUs) aswell.

patch v2.02 with the FGmod will be the final version of CP2077 for me, as long as they are not able to deliver quality patches. forget about the v2.1 features they are worth nothing if the game runs like *****.
Yea, something is not right with that framerate loss: I would try verifying files, downloading newest GPU drivers using DDU in safe mode to uninstall the old ones and in worst case- try to do a completely clean install following these instructions: How do I perform a clean install of the game? — Cyberpunk 2077 | Technical Support — CD PROJEKT RED

-Some issues were introduced with 2.1 for sure, but if everybody was experiencing 30fps loss after 2.1, everyone would be complaining about it. Like I said I even gained performance thanks to the newest update.

Last edited:
Yea, something is not right with that framerate loss: I would try verifying files, downloading newest GPU drivers using DDU in safe mode to uninstall the old ones and in worst case- try to do a completely clean install following these instructions: How do I perform a clean install of the game? — Cyberpunk 2077 | Technical Support — CD PROJEKT RED
been there.
done that.
I'm not an amateur.
-Some issues were introduced with 2.1 for sure, but if everybody was experiencing 30fps loss after 2.1, everyone would be complaining about it. Like I said I even gained performance thanks to the newest update.
as I've pointed out earlier, it's most likely depending on the hardware you are using and for which they optimized their game/patch. it's not an issue with gamefiles/drivers/software. the least people complaining are having an RTX4000 cards, but when you look at players with other GPUs like AMDs/RTX<4000 you will find more and more complains and troubles.

been there.
done that.
I'm not an amateur.

as I've pointed out earlier, it's most likely depending on the hardware you are using and for which they optimized their game/patch. it's not an issue with gamefiles/drivers/software. the least people complaining are having an RTX4000 cards, but when you look at players with other GPUs like AMDs/RTX<4000 you will find more and more complains and troubles.
I have 3080 but yea, I understand it varies from hardware to hardware, regardless I still find such a massive performance loss really strange.

Top Bottom