Achievements Broken Again After 1.08.1

+
I got a couple of achivements after the patch, but I'm still missing out on my Death March anchivement.
PS. Tried doing "Power Overwhelming" after the patch dropped, didn't trigger the anchivement.

Same deal as me. Yesterday I got a (2nd) batch of retroactive achievements after a small update to the game, but when i beat the game today...no achievements. It Seems they put out these mini-patches to gives us our old achievements but still have not fixed the system...

Well, it doesn't look like that. We had a small patch that gave some people certain anchivements. But you can't actually gain anchivements as the game stands.

Still broken? :(
Yes, still broken for me with the 1.08.2 GOG Galaxy PC version. I'm still missing a bunch of achievements that I unlocked after installing 1.07. I also didn't get any new achievements after finally finishing the game on Death March today. In fact, I haven't received any achievements since 1.06, except a few that have been granted retroactively with 1.08 (although many have yet to be granted retroactively).

Has anyone tried gaining anchivements on a completley fresh game? Just started a NG+ for example and gained an anchivement?
The second part was supposed to be a question, not a statement...

Last edited:
Has anyone tried gaining anchivements on a completley fresh game? Just started a NG+ for example and gained an anchivement.

I'm starting to think achievements are only achievable on NG+ currently. You're the third person to say that.

I just got the game on Thursday and I've been playing in a completely fresh game since the latest patch, no NG+ obviously since I haven't played the game before.

Last edited:
Today I updated to 1.08.2 and after loading the last save the game automatically unlocked 5-6 achievements that I have completed with patch 1.0.7.
This didn't happen with 1.08 patch.
I didn't done anything else.
I'm satisfied for now. :)

Just finished defeating the Gwent tournament on a NG+, didn't get the achievement. I am using the latest 1.08.02 patch, I think.

Today I updated to 1.08.2 and after loading the last save the game automatically unlocked 5-6 achievements that I have completed with patch 1.0.7.
This didn't happen with 1.08 patch.
I didn't done anything else.
I'm satisfied for now. :)

That's the issue though, I bet you won't get any new achievements if you earn them. CDPR keeps patching retro-actively, but not fixing the system to work as you achieve trophies...

Steam version achievements are broken in NG+. Tried to unlock Kaer Morhen Trained. Guessing other don't unlock either. Will wait for the patch before continuing the game.

Even though achivements don't pop instantly, shouldn't newly gained achievements pop if you save and reload? I assume they do a scan on load since that's when the pre-1.08.2 acheivements popped.

Unless they specifically made that a one-time thing but that'd be insane.

Okay, something I didn't expect just happened. I tried doing "Power Overwhelming" on a New Game+. And it worked...

Okay, something I didn't expect just happened. I tried doing "Power Overwhelming" on a New Game+. And it worked...
I tried it on a regular New Game post-patch (I just got the game, can't do NG+) and that same achievement does NOT work for me. It seems only achievements unlocked on a NG+ work.

i just save manually right before the achievement should be granted.
i write down the save details and which achievement it relates to.
once it is fixed i will just load and get all of them.

Achievement for Brawler didn't pop for me in GoG Galaxy, finished the quest right now. Did it really get broken again?

Top Bottom