Animal rescue text?

+
Has anyone gotten a text from some kind of animal rescue?

I'm not looking at it at the moment, but I can look it up later tonight if need be.

Basically I got it not too long after I got Nibbles. (I just finished now or two fixer jobs) The text said something to the effect of 'thanks for recusing the [breed name] short hair. She is with a loving family, yada yada and the named her [some name].'

And then there's some more copy about some other animals.

I've never seen this prior to 2.0. I cannot think of anything it could be related to. The fact that it came after I got Nibbles could be a coincidence.

Even though I know Nibbles is a no-hair, rather than a short hair, my confusion and irrational mind had me rushing back to the apartment to make sure so "do-gooders" did come in to take Nibbles and give them to some hoity-toity yuppie family. But Nibbles was still there... sitting by an ashtray on my bed... apparently the cat smokes now.

Anyhow. Anyone have any insights on this.

You get this message a short time after Reed and Meyers leave. The American short hair is Meyers, and the violet rose finch is Songbird. Meyers is back in Washington at the white house

It's a coded message, As Joshua pointed out, it's all in reference to President Meyers. Basically, just confirmation that she is safe, and payment for your service. It feels a little unnecessary since you can have a similarly coded conversation with reed when he calls you to progress the story a lot of references to "The Package" But I guess they needed a way to send you payment and alert the player to why they just received a bunch of eddies so the coded text was an easy way to accomplish that.

Edit: the timing of you "Rescuing" nibbles seems to be a complete and somewhat funny coincidence which I guess could add to the confusion.

Top Bottom