Are we going to get DirectX 12 mode? How many of you guys want DX12 support? I know I do! :D Please VOTE!

+

Are we going to get DirectX 12 mode? How many of you guys want DX12 support? I know I do! :D Please

• Don't mind

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are we going to get DirectX 12 mode? How many of you guys want DX12 support? I know I do! :D Please VOTE!

So for a game like Witcher 3 which is already graphically impressive and demanding, DIRECT X 12 support would make this game truly legendary! The game just came out just over 2 months ago, it would be a waste to not capitalize on Direct X 12 while it is still fresh and relevant and make it the GLORIOUS PC release it is meant to be! (XboxOne users could also benefit tremendously from this) Imagine the performance improvements you could make to the game. Gone would be the bottlenecks that plague so many with less powerful hardware. This would drive up Witcher 3 sales even higher which you rightfully deserve!

Please CD Project RED, now that you are giving us New Game Plus, DX12 support would complete the package and put the icing on the cake!

You have the opportunity here to be the very first developer that supports this new technology with an already released game. You are already known among gamers and in the industry in general for your unusual and gamer-friendly stance on DLC, DRM and quality content. Making Witcher 3 DX12 compatible would make you an early adopter and a pioneer!

I have included a poll, so please guys if you want to see DX12 in the Witcher, kindly vote.

Thank you!:pride:

Last edited:
Bringing DX12 to TW3 would be a great move for CDPR, as it would not only lower the bar of entry for lower end machines to play the game as the OP says, but it would also give the game some legs in the long term.

Specifically, if they use DX12 to improve IQ and add some features that didn't make the cut in the final revision due to DX11's performance handicap. For example, they could use DX12 to increase draw distances, and improve LoD substantially. They could also enable the semi volumetric clouds and forward lit particles that were deemed too expensive to enable in the final game.

DX12 not only increases CPU bound performance, but can increase performance in GPU limited scenarios as well by using asynchronous compute. Basically, DX12 is a serious game changer for the PC platform :D

I have now upgraded to a 980 TI and still I cannot get 60fps minimum at 1080p with max settings +hairworks at 2xaa. DX would definitely help stabilize the performance across various systems.

Last edited:
a 980ti is top of the line, but also has issues running the game... WTF cdpr

Indeed. I was slightly disappointed I have to admit. I was expecting 60+ fps with Hairworks at 4xaa at least. Quickly found out that 2xaa was the most I could use to avoid the sudden massive fps drop when zooming in on Geralt's hair accidentally which proved to be jarring. This shows that Hairworks is still unoptimised, even on Maxwell GPUs which are supposed to run it without issues.

I want Vulkan support obviously (on Linux). And Vulkan should work on Windows too and would reduce double work burden for CDPR. The only place where DX12 can be useful is Xbox, where Vulkan won't be available.

DX12 ainť coming to Win 7 and as a gamer I will probably stick with it for some time before Win 10 proves it is as good for gaming as Win 7. Therefor I would also prefer implementation of glNext aka Vulkan as it is platform and OS agnostic solution. If CDPR is going to release EE featuring next-gen API for all platforms, then it would make sense for them to use glNext.

Top Bottom