Blood Decals

+
You just keep reminding me how stupid it looks when there's no blood present on the ground after a fight, everything so sterile, clean instead of bloody and gritty :p

Man they need to fix this.

Yes, it seems that there is a lot less coming out from bodies sliced in half.

Here is what it used to be like: http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/5-05-2015/xJo6KO.gif

As you can see, the blood is voluminous and continues to come out once he hits the floor. Very realistic. Very satisfying.

But now: http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/5-05-2015/locT3i.gif

The blood (what little there is) in addition to not showing up on the ground :/ is a lot less liquidy and voluminous. It makes it look very weird that a half-carcass just looks..well..red, and not bleeding.

Bug?

sorry

Yes, it seems that there is a lot less coming out from bodies sliced in half.

Here is what it used to be like: http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/5-05-2015/xJo6KO.gif

As you can see, the blood is voluminous and continues to come out once he hits the floor. Very realistic. Very satisfying.

But now: http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/5-05-2015/locT3i.gif

The blood (what little there is) in addition to not showing up on the ground :/ is a lot less liquidy and voluminous. It makes it look very weird that a half-carcass just looks..well..red, and not bleeding.
Bug?
sorry
Dont know, maybe a glitch, because when fighting with monsters, there are blood decals on the ground, but nothing with human, really weird? :(

Just remember guys, today might be the day that we get some answers during the QA on twitch, so get your questions ready to maybe unsolve the mystery of the missing bood decals!

Just remember guys, today might be the day that we get some answers during the QA on twitch, so get your questions ready to maybe unsolve the mystery of the missing bood decals!
some guys please do it, please ask CDR about missing blood decals, makes them to understand about this case, due to I have no experience about it :(, but I really do hope i can be fixed when releases

mods, mods gib mods

Why humans don't leave blood on the ground after hitting them? - is gonna be my question spammed in the chat :p

But they won't answer it, they'll only answer questions which have some positive impact, something the game actually has, like "can you show rolling heads" or "explain alchemy" etc. They can't be seen saying "we don't have it / you can't do it / it doesn't work" so they'll avoid any question which may prompt such answer.

Last edited:
Sadly on the live stream Geralt fights human enemies and the blood appears for maybe a split second on the ground and then disappears. I hope this wasn't a conscious decision made by CDPR as a result of "optimization". Lets see.

It shouldn't have anything to do with the optimization. Hard part is calculating and putting the blood there in the first place, not keeping it there for a few seconds. So I'm gonna put my bet on it being a glitch.

I asked on gog and also plan to ask, they said the Q&A will be at the end of the stream so no point in "spamming" it now.

Hopefully they answer it.

I can not imagine ANY reason aside from it being "glitched" as to why they'd have it appear for a split second then disappear, design wise it'd make no sense to even have it at all if it disappears THAT fast, no one would hardly notice it.

How about we stop spamming this thread about how you're going to ask a question on the stream?

Just a quick follow up (please don't kill me kinley) - they avoided the question, I tweeted it, spammed it on the chat and even messaged them, nothing, they chose to answer questions that most of us already know answers to, so... yeah :)

Ok, so in the stream there were sadly no blood decals on the ground after hitting enemies. And there were several fights with bandits. I was asking the question about it every 4 minutes (which was the limit) and I have noticed that some questions that were asked, were posted directly after or before mine question, so I doubt that they have missed it, which is very unfortunate.

Hey guys, i really hate to bring it to you:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/05...kup-and-more-new-screenshot-shows-a-strumpet/

Marcin Momot (Community&Website Coordinator) tweeted the following:

"No. It's been toned down. There's less gore when decapitating or slicing someone in half."

I doubt, that it's only censored in the middle east, since CD Project said before, that the game wasn't censored for the european market. I think they toned it down in general, so they can still say it isn't censored. Because it's like that in every single region.

Last edited:
That's for ME version. You should watch the bomb section in the Twitch livestream today. LOTS of gore :) But the decals are another thing, and doesn't have anything to do with what you shared.

Top Bottom