[Bug] Can't find an opponent

+

Guest 3951330

Austacker;n7024850 said:
Well, I'm speaking with Karol from support on the 'issue' right now. She's asked for my gamer tag and has gone to follow up and see what's amiss. But being the weekend I don't expect anything further for another day or two.

I have tried again this morning to find a game and it's doing the same thing - stuck on 'Searching for a worth opponent' for about 30 seconds and then drops back to the deck selection menu.

It's been only since the last patch update. Extremely frustrating.

If Karol comes back to tell me this is a ban because of expected 'botting' I'll be furious - I'm on a console!!!

I'll report the results here when I hear back from Support, but looking at the most recent posts from other testers, I have a sinking feeling CDPR may have blindly slapped a ban across the board as a knee jerk reaction.

Realistically, it should have just been identified as an exploit and fixed in the game engine as required.

With all progress wiped before release and a MMR process in play, this isn't going to impact play testing in the slightest.

This all could certainly be just a bug and these other situations co-incidental. But I have a sinking feeling they're related.

Wait and see.

I dont care what the problem is about - "botting", connection, whatever. I have not been able to play for one and a half week, if they dont compensate my pain i will uninstall this game instantly and never touch it again. Told all my friends without a key about it and how much better and fairer it is compared to hearthstone, after all i wasnt able to show them gameplay when theyve been visiting me (playing vs. bots is not the holy grail of strategy).

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got the beta key yesterday and have been having the issue from the outset, so I don't think it's a ban (at least not for my case). I'm trying to play from my university in Eastern Europe. Not sure weather it's a wifi issue with my university or an issue of not being able to find players to connect to. I suspect it's the wifi though. Hopefully I can go somewhere else soon to test this. I have had problems in the past connecting to Steam and had to go through some weird work-arounds to get that working. Maybe this is the same. Hearthstone matchmaking works fine for me though, anecdotally.

dfeivor;n7035750 said:
I just got the beta key yesterday and have been having the issue from the outset, so I don't think it's a ban (at least not for my case). I'm trying to play from my university in Eastern Europe. Not sure weather it's a wifi issue with my university or an issue of not being able to find players to connect to. I suspect it's the wifi though. Hopefully I can go somewhere else soon to test this. I have had problems in the past connecting to Steam and had to go through some weird work-arounds to get that working. Maybe this is the same. Hearthstone matchmaking works fine for me though, anecdotally.

UPDATE:
Using a VPN doesn't seem to help, so maybe it's not actually my university's fault. I don't know too much about networking though so I could be wrong.

Well, the good thing about being on console is that it has built in DVR functionality.

So to remove any doubt, I've uploaded a clip of exactly what's happening for me on Xbox One right now.

Beta Build 0.8.16
Xbox One OS Version 10.0.14393.2123

(latest versions)

Guest 3951330

Just came back here, because ive seen a discussion on 4chan about this mess we had.
Its actually really funny, everybody thought it was a bug.
In the end its been a ban wave, nobody was notified.
CDPR statement: yeah guys, we know about this "bug", were working on it.
Mods: they probably need to investigate these problems before they can push the magic button and fix things. Also, all talk surrounding the GG Ban issue needs to stop here. (Some people have raised some good points about the issue, and those will be taken into consideration.)
yeah sure - "will be taken into consideration" - nothing has been taken into consideration, it just means "dear beta tester, we dont care a small bit about you".
Now, after months passed away and they brought a new update, you finally get the message "your account has been flagged, please contact support".
CDPR - studio of the year

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, literally just set up the game today and I can't connect to anything.
Tried playing with all possible network configurations and did everything I saw in this thread (minus the cat sacrifice, had an issue with smite last week). Has anyone found a solution?

To be clear - I go to play casual and am immediately (6-30 seconds) kicked back to card selection. I have tried well over 40 times, restarted, re installed, searched for updates, checked network settings, etc, etc, etc. Yet I can connect to the shop, open cards, work on deck and completely login, just not connect to a match.

From what I can tell, either my game isn't being allowed to connect to the casual servers - or - there is some control system that is rejecting my game while in the queue. Whether or not the problem is on my pc, server side, or program wise, I can not guess. But - this clearly isn't a singular case, and is a reoccurring one [https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/5wq50l/cant_connect_to_casual_matches/].

Thanks for any possible help, I'd really love to get to play.

Suntoo;n8037560 said:
Hello, literally just set up the game today and I can't connect to anything.
Tried playing with all possible network configurations and did everything I saw in this thread (minus the cat sacrifice, had an issue with smite last week). Has anyone found a solution?

To be clear - I go to play casual and am immediately (6-30 seconds) kicked back to card selection. I have tried well over 40 times, restarted, re installed, searched for updates, checked network settings, etc, etc, etc. Yet I can connect to the shop, open cards, work on deck and completely login, just not connect to a match.

From what I can tell, either my game isn't being allowed to connect to the casual servers - or - there is some control system that is rejecting my game while in the queue. Whether or not the problem is on my pc, server side, or program wise, I can not guess. But - this clearly isn't a singular case, and is a reoccurring one [https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/5wq50l/cant_connect_to_casual_matches/].

Thanks for any possible help, I'd really love to get to play.

Please, post here about the issue: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/tech-support-ac/7940340-connection-issues

Top Bottom