[COMMUNITY SUPPORT]-Djinni error! - Please report problems / crashes / bugs here

+
I have Win XP and witcher ver 1.4. There was nothing in the log; it just crashed on every script I tried to compile. But guess what - today I managed to compile a script, so this is really strange (I swear it used to crash earlier)! So maybe I'll ask this way: does anybody know a stand-alone nss compiler that would be ok for witcher (I found some compiilers for star wars "kotor" games scripts, but they were searching for NWN anyway)?

m-alen said:
I have Win XP and witcher ver 1.4. There was nothing in the log; it just crashed on every script I tried to compile. But guess what - today I managed to compile a script, so this is really strange (I swear it used to crash earlier)! So maybe I'll ask this way: does anybody know a stand-alone nss compiler that would be ok for witcher (I found some compiilers for star wars "kotor" games scripts, but they were searching for NWN anyway)?
All these games use versions of the Aurora engine and the basic language has not changed much. It's possible that these compilers will 'just work'. But you're going to have to do some investigation to find the libraries.If you succeed, let us know!

Does anyone of you noticed that you can escape stucking by pressing Alt? First I thought I just fancy it but it really works every time. I often had the problem that D'jinni stuck suddenly without any special reason, so that I had to close it by the task manager without any chance to save. I lost weeks I spend on my module because of this. And now it seems to be not even a real problem any more. Great! ^^

hmmm ... if you mean when djinni just seems to "lay there and do nothing" , then for me, it's usually a properties box on the side that needs to be closed (and i assume that is what is happening when you press esc) :peace:

I have got problem while starting this editor. It crashes all the time. I have got 1.4 patch installed and running Vista Ultimate os. All suggestions are welcome :)

It used to do that on my rig when i had all my unbiffed files inside the data folder ... once i moved them elsewhere it worked fine. Now i only move over what i absolutely need and leave the rest. :peace:

Thx for reply, however this solution doesn't work for me :( I moved all files exept .bif outside this Data folder and still editor crashes while starting ... any other ideas ? Thanks in advance!

can anyone help have ver 1.4 of witcher installed but when i try to run djinni after a few seconds i get a box come up from windows saying the game editor has encountered a problem and needs to close have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no use any ideas

* what operating system do you use?* how much RAM do you have?* is your OS up to the latest SP ?* what folder did you install your game / djinni in ?* have you unbiffed your files for the assets, and if so, where?

ok operating sys is win xp service pack 2 gig ram now here may be the problem as far as i know it installed to the witcher folder ie prog files /the witcher as for the unbiffing could you pls explain no idea what or where they are and where do they go i suspect this is the problemcheers in advance

the "unbiffed" stuff should actually not be a problem for you then .you may have noticed files in your witcher game data folder that have the extension *.key ... these files can be used to unpack archived resources that are used with djinni, but not necessary to its basic functionning. These files include all the placeable item models, character models, area meshes etc ..everything you need to build a module of your own using existing game assets.so if you didn't extract the original game data (unbif), you likely don't have them and they can't be a problemdjinni is installed along with the game so it is in the same folder structure as the game itself ... djinni did run for me with 2 GB of ram on XP (SP2) so your specs (generally) sound ok.did you by any chance try to install a downloaded version of djinni with a game that you installed from disk ? if so, that is likely the problem. djinni is on the game disk and should be installed from the same media as the game.

mazelda said:
ok operating sys is win xp service pack 2 gig ram now here may be the problem as far as i know it installed to the witcher folder ie prog files /the witcher as for the unbiffing could you pls explain no idea what or where they are and where do they go i suspect this is the problemcheers in advance
I have exactly the same setup - XP service pack two and D'Jinni in The Witcher folder. This works perfectly well.When I had unbiffed files in there id did cause problems but now I've moved them elsewhere it doesn't - and if you don't know what 'unbiffed' means then this isn't a problem for you! I have less than 2Gb RAM on my games machine, and D'Jinni runs OK, although if I try to run a large module inside D'Jinni the performance is dreadful (less than one frame per second) presumably due to paging).So there are no obvious problems with your setup.

i downloaded the D'jinni from the witcher website along with the 1.4 update I bought the witcher when it first came out so they have been seperate installations

i think simply upgrading your game and installing djinni during that upgrade would have worked. It sounds like perhaps you did it in a different order. :hmmm:

help?Above error ocurrs at starting DjinniWindows XP SP3

I'll try, I'm just installing the witcher and then djinni, but i hope it will work also after installing expansion at the end-----[edit] 8:00 pm, 1 Decso, so...[size=10pt]HOW TO... install properly djinni with new expansion (1.4) :[/size]
  • [o]1. [size=10pt]Install The Witcher[/size][o]2. [size=10pt]Install 1.3 Patch (not available on official site, I had to google it; I advice staff to add it)[/size][o]3. [size=10pt]Install Djinni[/size][o]4. [size=10pt]Download TWEE_Update.exe, language packs - put it in one folder[/size][o]5. [size=10pt]Start TWEE_Update.exe[/size]
That's it :D everything works

Hey All, I cant seem to get Djinni to work it crashes even before the start up screen appears :dead: just get the usual send / dont send babble...., everythings updated so wtf is happening? will post crash log soon. thanks oh and merry Crimbo :witchmas: :witchmas: :witchmas: :witchmas:

Not sure why this is a poll? You'll probably get more effective responses if you describe your problem in the body of the post, rather than abbreviated in the poll text.What is the actual error text? What I mean is, does it include any more information other than "application failed because hc.dll was not found"?It looks like somebody else has had this problem or a similar one in the past. When you say you tried reinstalling, do you mean you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game itself, or just the file? Are you running the latest patch? Installed any mods?

Top Bottom