Good?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • Refund pre order and wait for stadia.

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
I’m another no-fan of Stadia here, however I’m OK with a Stadia version of Cyberpunk 2077, assuming it doesn’t take too many of the company’s resources away from the development of the "base" (PC, PS4, XB1) version of the game.

[...] Stadia will help CDPR to unstick from MS lock-in and gain Linux and Vulkan expertise. That's one step closer to proper Linux version.

Let’s hope it does. I’m a Windows user, I shouldn’t care, but I’ve seen Linux users still disappointed with CDPR for the lack of a Linux version of The Witcher 3, so I’d like them to eventually have the opportunity to try a CDPR game in their computers. Plus, Cyberpunk 2077 (hypothetically) supporting Vulkan sounds pretty sweet :ok:

Last edited:
There needed to be a fourth option of "Don't care". I mean, I guess the concept of basically leasing a game that you can only play as long as your internet and their servers are playing nicely appeals to some, but not me. I'll stick with owning my game and being able to play whenever I like.

You don't like Stadia but you like Stadia?
Yes, exactly.

I do not like Google's implementation of cloud gaming technology, thus I do not like Stadia. I like the technology itself, though, and like the idea (idea) of playing Cyberpunk on my iPad.

You don't like Stadia but you like Stadia?

I think I can second what @Snowflakez said. I don't like Stadia (more precisely, the concept or rent-only access to games), but I like games being on Stadia (as long as they are not exclusive to it of course) for a couple of related reasons I already mentioned above.

Firstly, it improves developers' proficiency with Linux and Vulkan development, and de-facto makes it a lot easier for them to make proper Linux games. Secondly, it undermines MS lock-in grip on the industry. I.e. it's another major reason for developers to ditch DirectX and to use Vulkan everywhere. That's a major benefit from Stadia alone, even without using it.

More platforms --> better accessibility --> more players. I don't see why that would be a negative thing.
Not that I have any interest in considering being interested in Stadia, personally.

Sure, why not?

I don't like Stadia (more precisely, the concept or rent-only access to games),

Hmm... I was under the impression you could "buy" games via Stadia and the "service" itself was access to their mystical unicorn data-center servers located high up in the clouds in disneyland (sorry, in the "cloud").

For the record, I have very little interest in using Stadia myself. Primarily because I think the whole connectivity quality statements are highly optimistic. But... I don't get the ruckus over game ownership or privacy concerns. The latter in particular because that is kind of ubiquitous now (P.S. If these companies want to collect, store and use my usage data they should pay me for it....).

Hmm... I was under the impression you could "buy" games via Stadia and the "service" itself was access to their mystical unicorn data-center servers located high up in the clouds in disneyland (sorry, in the "cloud").

They allow one time pay - play after that as much as you want, but it's still just a glorified form of renting, since you can't download those games, and if they shut down tomorrow, your games will go under with them.

But... I don't get the ruckus over game ownership or privacy concerns. The latter in particular because that is kind of ubiquitous now (P.S. If these companies want to collect, store and use my usage data they should pay me for it....).

It's the same as DRM. "Streaming" without options to download is essentially DRM on steroids, with all the same negative aspects.

Surely good move, if we'll get native desktop Linux release from it. A side benefit - CDPR will gain expertise in Linux and Vulkan development.

Amen to the Vulkan implementation! And Vulkan supporting RTX so that those of us still clinging to Windows 7 don’t have to jump to Windows 10.

Its just me but Stadia doesnt seem to do well.. I never thought Google was so disliked by gamers. Gamers arent ready for a change, thats what Im getting, I kinda saw this in VR too.

Last edited:
They allow one time pay - play after that as much as you want, but it's still just a glorified form of renting, since you can't download those games, and if they shut down tomorrow, your games will go under with them.

The same was and is said about Steam. A great number of those games require logging into the client (not all, of course). Having the games on your personal hard drive is a moot point if you can't play them without jumping through those hoops.

I fully understand these type of concerns. The confusion is directing those concerns exclusively at Stadia. Again, I'm not terribly interested in the service. Perhaps there are people out there who would be interested in it. Perhaps it's a good solution for them. I'd rather not strip them of the option due to my personal views on the matter.

t's the same as DRM. "Streaming" without options to download is essentially DRM on steroids, with all the same negative aspects.

I think it's more accurate to say it's DRM that actually works. I'm not at all saying I support DRM in that form either.

Regardless, I think the possible benefits, in terms of incentives to support certain alternatives for gaming platforms (Linux), are worth the downsides. The downsides are easy to avoid by not using the service.

The same was and is said about Steam. A great number of those games require logging into the client (not all, of course). Having the games on your personal hard drive is a moot point if you can't play them without jumping through those hoops.

That's the reason I'm not using Steam and only buy DRM-free games like on GOG and itch.io.

Regardless, I think the possible benefits, in terms of incentives to support certain alternatives for gaming platforms (Linux), are worth the downsides. The downsides are easy to avoid by not using the service.

As long as those games aren't exclusive to Stadia, which should be the case with CP2077. So let's wait and see how CDPR will process Linux and Vulkan development. They were completely foreign to it until now.

@Cyberway: I don't expect those who have good gaming computers already to start using Stadia. However it's aimed at those who have low end ones, especially consoles. If those people can afford a cheap computer that can play games that are otherwise impossible to run on their current low end options (consoles), it's a significant incentive for them.

That's why MS gaming execs got so riled up and started putting out PR statements, how "streaming is not ready" and so on and so forth. It shows they are seriously worried Stadia will drain their console users in growing numbers, since it's after the same target audience. Another reason, it directly undermines their DirectX lock-in that they enforce through Xbox now, since it's +1 major Vulkan target and more big developers using Vulkan, means more pressure on MS to stop fooling around and to support Vulkan everywhere. Same applies to Sony by the way, I'm sure they are also not happy Stadia is moving forward.

Last edited:
A lot of press is in the pocket of MS and Sony, so I won't be surprised they'll just parrot "streaming is not ready". More interesting would be actual growth. If Stadia will grow, it will quickly silence the shills. I'm more worried about Stadia exclusives. Epic are already sickening with it.

I am sort of ambivalent to the whole thing as well maybe It is because I don't know enough. Cloud gaming is nice in theory but i have used playstation now and have seen the issue that can come up even with a decent internet speed. It can be off putting when things do go right. There is also security issue on relying on Internet and the cloud as well as the pireb consumer exploitation...

Forum veteran
Gamers arent ready for a change, thats what Im getting, I kinda saw this in VR too.
It's not an aversion to change. "Play games like you can now, only worse and with more restrictions" is just a hard sell. Especially when the company backing it refuses to make guarantees about the service's longevity and has a storied history of suddenly pulling the plug on anything that isn't an instant runaway success.

Maybe this could be useful for people with poor computer specs and great internet speeds, but honestly, if they can afford good internet, they should probably just buy a decent rig for the extra convenience of not being tethered to a money-grubbing middleman.

I'm more worried about Stadia exclusives. Epic are already sickening with it.
Orcs May Die 3 was recently announced as a timed Stadia exclusive. [EDIT: And GYLT by the makers of The Sexy Brutale appears to be a full-fledged Stadia exclusive.] Welcome to the future.

Last edited:
Maybe this could be useful for people with poor computer specs and great internet speeds, but honestly, if they can afford good internet, they should probably just buy a decent rig for the extra convenience of not being tethered to a money-grubbing middleman.

You could argue the same for console users. Quality of Internet doesn't necessarily correspond to their computer specs.

Forum veteran
Quality of Internet doesn't necessarily correspond to their computer specs.
I wasn't saying it did. Just that the price of internet in many places corresponds to the feasibility of buying something that doesn't have extra points of failure.

Stadia doesn't stand a chance for a litany of reasons, but I don't doubt that it'll sign exclusives and take as many games down with it as it can as smaller developers desperately struggle to stay afloat amid an overcrowded market. Mostly, it's just going to be irritating dealing with all of the long-term fragmentation the return of this fad is going to end up causing. I don't blame CDPR for making 2077 available in lots of places, but them lending legitimacy to OnLive's pet sematary comeback isn't great news.

It's not an aversion to change. "Play games like you can now, only worse and with more restrictions" is just a hard sell. Especially when the company backing it refuses to make guarantees about the service's longevity and has a storied history of suddenly pulling the plug on anything that isn't an instant runaway success.

Stadia is gonna be intergrated with Youtube. This is gonna be great for people who are on YouTube or watch it regularly with faster internet speed.

Just gonna see how it plays out I suppose. I bought new comp just last year, all I need to upgrade CPU and Graphic Card and Im ready to rock for years to come.

Top Bottom