D'jinni Wiki

+
D'jinni Wiki

I'm a member of Ifrit Creative Group. They use to say that I'm a team chief of something like that.Several weeks ago I started a renovation of D'jinni Wiki. Not just one language version.My goal is to unify all versions, make them convenient and more intuitive. Polish modders helps me with polish version, that was our lab ;) We made many changes and now we want to make same changes in the English and Russian version.I'll make a renovation in the English one, but I don't know Russian...What about changes?First of all, finishing with weird categories, divisions and illegible main page. English version was the worst. Plenty of strange pages, categories. Who tries to make a forum on wiki, when we have this forum already? :pThere will be not categories like "RedFlame Interactive tutorials". "Ifrit tutorials" or "RED tutorials". That's stupid and uncomfortable. I'll going to make logical categories: Editor, Scripts, Interface & Toolbars (there are many interesting things to describe here), Tools & Resources, 2D & 3D Graphics, Useful links.Flash already is writing articles about using of LUA & NSS scripts. I already added D'jinni TV, change log page and link to files related with game - http://www.moddb.com/games/the-witcher/downloadsI'm going to finish this small renovation in this week. But I need to administrators rights to do some changes... If you're English wiki administrator, contact me, please.It would be great if Russians guys would to make renovation of their version. Thanks that all wikis would be almost identical.

i'm one of the bureaucrats of the english witcher wiki ... is that what you are referring to in the admins you want to hear from ? Otherwise i believe the guy you want is Eriash

Thanks for doing this!!! English wiki is not easy to handle for newbie that don't have previous experience with aurora...I know it's off topic, but could you explain what happened to the christmas module? I read somewhere there was a bug inside it, did CDprojekt help you to find it?

Unfortunately Eriash isn't admin of English Wiki :-\ Although on the main page was such information.@jbaudrandSo, you could be my tester ;)Christmas module had more bugs than one :D And we had to build a part of adventure one more time, but thanks additional two months for this job, we have better English dialogues - thanks Game Widow, some small fable changes and new soundtrack. We want to release The Merry Witchmas ASAP.

I made progress.http://djinni.wikia.com/wiki/Main_PageI just cleaned the mess, divide articles along subject areas.I didn't changed categories of articles yet, but it will be as same as categories on the main page.What's next?Make proper categories.Correct rules of editing & howto.Write an article with map of categories, list of special pages like Change Log, Rules of editing, D'jinni TV. Thanks that our Russian brothers will have less problems with changes. Compare differences of Polish and English section.

Good news Bonssaaay, i just got you promoted to sysop on that wiki (thank JoePlay)have fun! ;) ... nudge me if you need me, i have lots of experience with skins now ;)

Thaks, Widow! :beer:JoePlay gave me admin rights right now. One more thing about new shape of Wiki. Polish modders decided about signatures in articles. People complains that these banners in articles are annoying. Signatures also, everybody can check authors of article in the History.So...Please, do not add any signatures, logos, banners in your wiki article. You can place information about source of text, images, files, but don' try to promote yourself. The only way to promote yourself should be quality of your articles.

Finally I can finish my works at D'jinni Wiki.Now pages Howto and Rules of editing are the same in English & Polish.In Polish there's category "Shortcuts", aimed to advanced user who want to find some specific informations quickly. They don't need tutorials, so for them Death13 created category of articles with the most important info. There's one article for one category of tutorials. I copied this solution to english Wiki.What I want to do?1. Check templates using in English & Polish versions. I'll make it the same in both versions, what makes translations easier. Still there are many interesting articles in Polish.2. Write an article for people who wish to establish own language version of D'jinni Wiki. I'm still waiting for somedody from Russia who could apply changes on their Wikia...After that I'll try to find translators and it will be finish of my work here :)

Top Bottom