Enslave 6 Assimilate - My Verdict after more than 100 games

+

rrc

Forum veteran
Disclaimer: I hated Enslave 6 assimilate with passion as I thought it was the strongest deck which is unbeatable last season. I used to face it close to 50% of the times and I think I would win 20 or 30% of the times if I had luck. I was disappointed that Enslave 6 assimilate was not nerfed this season. So, I wanted to try it myself to see how it works to know its weakness. This is my result/verdict.

In short: E6A is not as strong as I thought. And I would even go as far to say it has major weakness which almost always gets exploited. I reached a max of around 2480 and then fell hard. This is usually the most I had ever climbed till now, but previously with ST decks. I thought I would easily waltz to 2500, but the deck didn't help me to reach there. My hard cap/max is what I could reach.

I have changed my opinion on some of the cards after I have played them:
  • Calviet: Did you know that you can miss him on red coin? I have missed to draw him more time than I would have liked. On blue coin, you never miss him I think, but on red coin, I have missed him quite a few times. And when you miss to draw him, you are almost guaranteed to lose as you deck wont have any thinning or tutor.
    • Due to Calviet, if you don't draw your low provision removal cards, you wont draw them. There were times I wished I had some low provision removal cards in R2. This may not seem like a big deal, but it is when you need to damage a card so that you can seize it.
  • Terranova: This card is still too strong. In a way, the whole deck relies on him to win the game, in a way. He is the Saskia/Simlas, Sova/Fucusya of other decks. Insanely strong, but is forgivable as it is mostly the win condition.
  • Torres: The card I hated the most last season, but he has a unique issue. You have to play him early so that you play Calviet later to arrange your deck and if and when you play early, he almost always gets poisoned/destroyed/reset. Torres in R1 is absolutely necessary for the deck otherwise, it is nearly impossible to win the round without card disadvantage. Also, he guarantees that Terranova is valuable in the round you want to win.
    • His second ability is actually weaker and I never liked as much and it is not worthy of 14 provisions.
  • Skellan: A very strong card which has too much synergy with assimilate as well as removal. But I still don't think this is OP. This card forces an E6 which has its own conditions (like you can't have heatwave).
  • Vilgefortz: I still think he is too good for his provisions. He should be either 10 provisions or 3 power. Vilgefortz had screwed me in some games by summoning a stronger card, but in more games he had given me cheap victories. Destroy Vanadin and pull Simlas/Henson, destroy Torres and pull Terranova, etc. Truly a disgusting card which needs a bloody nerf. The only card in the game which can remove two win conditions from your opponent deck.
  • Vigo: I used to hate this card, but the condition that the deck should only have 3 bronze for guaranteed soldier spawn is actually a big pain. Otherwise, in R3, he may not be as good. His only strength relies in the huge tempo with Nauzica soldier and for that to work your deck should only have 3 bronzes. So, I think he is OK.
  • Bribery: It can be named as Binary. It either pulls the most powerful card or it can give the shittiest card. It is just a coin flip and I really hate this card. Not because it is OP. I remember it screwing me almost the same times as it helped me, but the 100% RNG on this card is just disgusting.
  • Nauzica Sergent: The R3 win conditions. In a 3 card R3, almost no deck can beat these cards as they have huge tempo. But this card has a HUGE disadvantage. If you draw it in R2, you can't shuffle it back and you can't keep it too as you will play for 4 points. This card makes R2 bleed a nightmare. If your hands have junk 4P card, you can't mulligan them as you will draw this card and you can't keep them. So, I forgive this card.
I had multiple variations. My very first variation had Canteralla + Coup to specifically mess up with E6A and I really had huge fun. My very first game, opponent played Torres and I played Canteralla to draw Terranova and won the game in one card. But damn Canterella sucks. The marginal utility quickly wore off as she played for junk values and sometimes completely screwed me too. I removed Cantrella first. Later I removed Coup for Brathens as Coup in R3 sucks and I lost more games due to holding Coup and not getting any target.

I had Anna and I thought she was one of the most broken toxic cards, but in fact, I removed her later too. When getting pushed on R2, she plays for such a junk low tempo that she was not worth it. She is good with PF as opponent, but most of the times you face Renfri and she only copies one part of the ability and more often she played for far too less points that I cut her from deck.

Also, I have never managed to win even a single time against Harmony, be it GT harmony or Harmony harmony. The removal and tempo of NG top end cards couldn't match Harmony (but I was happy when I lost to ST :p ). I never managed to win against NR knights deck. Most of the times getting 2-0 against these decks. Or any deck which has Aerondite, this deck pretty much loses to it.

So, it might seems extremely unfair, but trust me, Enslave 6 assimilate is no way OP. It is a good deck and I have to admit that it is actually very very fun to play (especially against good Enslave 6 opponents - as you can't Calviet in R1 and you can't play Anna - it is so much of cat and mouse fun). Apart from Vilgefortz, I think all the other cards are Strong/good/forgiveable. If you don't trust me, you try it yourself.

[BTW, my points regarding Vigo, Nauzicaa Sergent and may be Torres and other things were already mentioned by @Philido. When I read his replies, I didn't appreciate/realize them, but they actually matter.]

rrc

Forum veteran
Well, I hope this experience provides a measure of comfort to you when you're back to playing ST and losing 8 games out of 10 to E6 :D.
Hehe.. yes. Just that the ST decks I play can't match the E6A. But there are plenty of decks which own this, including some ST decks! So, E6A is not as undefeatable as I thought it would be. Now I know it's ins and outs which amay even help me to beat it with my mediocre ST decks which could not best it before. Let me see..

Jannay

Forum regular
Also, I have never managed to win even a single time against Harmony, be it GT harmony or Harmony harmony.
Actually, Harmony it's easy win for E6. You generate tons of points every turn, with multiple chameleons for example. Or you can seize the unicorn and replay it with Terranova, and get another harmony engine with Anna and proc the unicorn again. Tons of points from harmony+assimilation.

Thank you for this very neutral sight on this NG Deck. I just wonder how you could miss calveit several times. There is exactly one case it can happen: if it is on the bottom of your deck and you are on red. The chance is 2%. I have played an enslave 6 deck for long time too (Not assimilate) and nearly never missed him. Seems like you had just bad luck. So i still think calveit needs a nerf. But agree on all the other cards.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
Actually, Harmony it's easy win for E6. You generate tons of points every turn, with multiple chameleons for example. Or you can seize the unicorn and replay it with Terranova, and get another harmony engine with Anna and proc the unicorn again. Tons of points from harmony+assimilation.
Harmony is definitely not an easy win for E6A. At least in my experience, I couldn't manage to win (I think) even once. I don't know what you mean by " seize the unicorn". Harmony can comfortably 2-0 E6A. The only power play you are allowed to make in R1 is Torres and he would be poisoned and killed. To win R1 itself is hard against Harmony. In R2, there is no answer for the scenario and it generates HUGE amount of points survive R2.

I am an ST main and I am happy that there are decks which can beat E6 easily and comfortably. And I hated E6A and created this deck to specifically screw E6A decks and then had to do many modifications to get a decent/acceptable win rate. This is my experience. I am not sure you are saying all that in theory, but practically it is very VERY hard to beat harmony with E6. You can try your hands with E6A, specifically targeting Harmony, but I can guarantee that your deck wont have a good win rate in a large set of games.

Pure assimilate deck might beat Harmony with more ease, but not E6A. In R2 or R3, you are going to have only two or max 3 assimilate cards (Terranova, Vigo and if you manage to keep one Mage Tortureror) and even if one gets removed, your point potential is way lesser. You can try for yourself.
Post automatically merged:

Thank you for this very neutral sight on this NG Deck. I just wonder how you could miss calveit several times. There is exactly one case it can happen: if it is on the bottom of your deck and you are on red. The chance is 2%. I have played an enslave 6 deck for long time too (Not assimilate) and nearly never missed him. Seems like you had just bad luck. So i still think calveit needs a nerf. But agree on all the other cards.
I remember at least 4 times I was royally screwed by Calviet and I had played more than 125 games. So % wise it is still very very less, but still 100% guarantee is not there with Calviet and he can screw you very rarely. You whole deck is based on the fact that you can polarize the hell out of it due to Calviet and when he is letting you down, there is no recovery. And ordering the deck is awesome if you win R1 and go for an R3 with all top end cards, but it still has some minor disadvantages like you shouldn't shuffle a dead card which is only good in R3 etc. I am really not sure how he can be nerfed if he has to be. Provision wise or power wise I am not sure. Before my exercise, I would have been 100% in for a Calveit nerf, but now I am really not sure. If given a choice, I would vote for Vilegefotz nerf any day before Calveit.

Jannay

Forum regular
Harmony is definitely not an easy win for E6A. At least in my experience, I couldn't manage to win (I think) even once. I don't know what you mean by " seize the unicorn". Harmony can comfortably 2-0 E6A. The only power play you are allowed to make in R1 is Torres and he would be poisoned and killed. To win R1 itself is hard against Harmony. In R2, there is no answer for the scenario and it generates HUGE amount of points survive R2.

I am an ST main and I am happy that there are decks which can beat E6 easily and comfortably. And I hated E6A and created this deck to specifically screw E6A decks and then had to do many modifications to get a decent/acceptable win rate. This is my experience. I am not sure you are saying all that in theory, but practically it is very VERY hard to beat harmony with E6. You can try your hands with E6A, specifically targeting Harmony, but I can guarantee that your deck wont have a good win rate in a large set of games.
I never had any problems with Harmony. Unicorn is Quarixis, that card with power 6 and two naked ladies. 🙂 On blue coin you have a crystal skull to protect Torres from poison. I play with Torres, Terranova, Stefan, Braathens, Coup, Vigo, two torturers and two seargeants. You have a lot of resources to defend the bleed, if you don't win R1. Usually I copy and replay chameleons and it's more than enough.

rrc

Forum veteran
I never had any problems with Harmony. Unicorn is Quarixis, that card with power 6 and two naked ladies. 🙂 On blue coin you have a crystal skull to protect Torres from poison. I play with Torres, Terranova, Stefan, Braathens, Coup, Vigo, two torturers and two seargeants. You have a lot of resources to defend the bleed, if you don't win R1. Usually I copy and replay chameleons and it's more than enough.
Hmm.. The only difference is, I used NG's strategem, but the rest of the deck is mostly the same, except that I had removed Coup in my later revisions. Crystal skill for Torres is only good against Harmony, but most other decks can just use CoC or even Heatwave (and I had even got it Spored - the 4p reset special card). So, probably you might have a better win rate against Harmony, but would have been difficult for other non-devotion decks.

But, your deck doesn't make sense. You can't have all the cards you had mentioned. I hope you also had Calveit, and if so, there is no way you could accommodate all the cards you had mentioned. So, you don't have Vilgefortz and Bribery may be? In E6A, Vilgefortz is the only removal and without which, there are plenty of greedier decks which can easily own E6.

Also, since you have Brathens, you need to add Informant and Emissary (just informant is too risky and can backfire spectacularly) which just means that you can't play Vigo proactively in R2 or R3 as you may not get Sergeant. And you shouldn't have Squirrel/Pellar etc. I still don't think you can have easy wins against Harmony and I am not sure if you are theorycrafting or you had actually played and won easily in most of your harmony encounters.

[Regarding Quarxis, good players will play it much later only. So, you would have to have your Torturer in hand and play later so that you can spy it and use Coup/Terranova on it. You cant seize it and apply spying as when it is played, it is almost always played with leader and Camelion so that it would be more than 6 power. But hey, if you can manage to own Harmony consistently, good for you. But it is definitely not as easy as you say. Either you should be super lucky or the opponent should make many mistakes for you to win easily. Also, there are two version of harmony with GT as Dana and GT version is more prominent in my experience which doesn't run the unicorn.]

Jannay

Forum regular
But, your deck doesn't make sense. You can't have all the cards you had mentioned. I hope you also had Calveit, and if so, there is no way you could accommodate all the cards you had mentioned. So, you don't have Vilgefortz and Bribery may be? In E6A, Vilgefortz is the only removal and without which, there are plenty of greedier decks which can easily own E6.
This is my current deck: https://www.playgwent.com/en/decks/a237d8f0193e702617a614a87c1f720e

I still don't think you can have easy wins against Harmony and I am not sure if you are theorycrafting or you had actually played and won easily in most of your harmony encounters.
The Precision Strike is more problematic for me because they kill all my engines. With Harmony, I don't have any problems.

Regarding Quarxis, good players will play it much later only. So, you would have to have your Torturer in hand and play later so that you can spy it and use Coup/Terranova on it. You cant seize it and apply spying as when it is played, it is almost always played with leader and Camelion so that it would be more than 6 power.
You play Stefan or Joust and seize Quarixis. It's not a problem at all.

Either you should be super lucky or the opponent should make many mistakes for you to win easily.
Thank you for your encouraging words. :coolstory:

I played mostly GT harmony for the past month. One of the reasons why I liked playing it so much was because I was able to beat NG Enslave6.
No horses in the deck, just Dana/Saskia/Simlas/Shiru.

I don't think Harmony is particularly favored against E6. It's an engine deck without much control. Assimilate eats that. Certain builds are equipped better than others, but both of the "vanilla" ones, including GT with Simlas/Backups, seem iffy to me. Certainly not any kind "autowin."

THANK YOU, finally someone's actually playing a deck before instantly calling it [insert whatever you'd like].

THANK YOU, finally someone's actually playing a deck before instantly calling it [insert whatever you'd like].
You know, @rrc post here ALMOST made me do it, just so I could refute it :D I even went as far as the deck library to look for a netdeck to copy, but then I found this little gem from Qcento's (since I know you value youtubers' wisdom) guide to his current E6 deck:

Today we're going to take a look at how I'd play Nilfgaard Enslave (6) in 11.5. If you think it's fun to prevent others from having fun then this is definitely for you.

And I remembered that that's not why I'm here.

You know, @rrc post here ALMOST made me do it, just so I could refute it :D I even went as far as the deck library to look for a netdeck to copy, but then I found this little gem from Qcento's (since I know you value youtubers' wisdom) guide to his current E6 deck:

Personally speaking, I have even less fun when facing all-out engine decks that vomit out points if you don't deal with every second card that gets thrown at you. It's a matter of personal taste what infuriates you the most.

rrc

Forum veteran

Qcento's description may be click bait. I can guarantee that E6A is not a fun killer. Vilgefortz is and if you want, you can play without him. But Vilgefortz is the only card that can destory units in this deck. Mill and Clog are disgusting IMO and I wouldn't play 100+ games to see if they are not. But E6A is actually very strategic. Terra Nova is the only card you can feel like cheating, but if you don't draw Torres, the chances of him playing for insane value is actually less.

I would still advice/request/recommend that you give it a try. You will quickly see the various disadvantages of Calviet and polarization and how so many decks out there can own Enslave 6. I can guarantee that you wont get more score than you would otherwise go (what I mean is, the deck wont help you to go beyond your skill level).

This is my final deck after so many iterations (started with Canteralla, Coup, Anna, False Ciri and then had to cut them down due to various issues with those cards in general. Since I am not an NG main, this deck may not be optimal. Feel free to change cards as you wish). You can start with it and see. At least give E6A some 20 games (one page of match history) and see how it goes. I really want you to try and share your experience with a promise that it is not as OP or fun-killer as you might think.
Post automatically merged:

This is my current deck: https://www.playgwent.com/en/decks/a237d8f0193e702617a614a87c1f720e

The Precision Strike is more problematic for me because they kill all my engines. With Harmony, I don't have any problems.

You play Stefan or Joust and seize Quarixis. It's not a problem at all.

Thank you for your encouraging words. :coolstory:
Wow! You have only Informant for Brathens! You are bold! I would guess that it had back fired at least few games in which you could have won if you had emissary. You wanted to have predictability on Vigo and kept Brathens in the risk zone. May be it is good. I am not sure. I am not an NG main, so, you know better.

Would you have a Joust in hand in R3 when Quarxis is played?!!!! Skellan makes sense, but Joust doeesn't.

May be there is an optimal way to play this deck which I don't know. In my experience I struggled (and never won) against Harmony and plenty of other decks with my version. May be it had something to do with the fact that I am not an NG main. Thanks for sharing your deck though.

As someone who played Enslave 6 to 2.6k I must respectfully disagree with the deck being "fine" in its current state, specifically the most ridiculous card in the typical E6/assim deck is the R1 Torres which can completely steal your wincons and/or play for insane tempo which lack thereof was previously one of the weaknesses this deck had, and on top of it he has crazy synergy with Terranova and Coup, which previously you could play around if you timed when you played your cards right. I cannot tell you how many times I cursed my screen when for in example WH I do not draw my Eredin R1 and I'm up against E6, because now he will have an Eredin, two actually, or maybe three, there is a MAJOR issue with this card and he needs a nerf ASAP.

You should not auto lose to either Knights or Harmony, although Harmony can be frustrating if you get red coin abused by Saskia, but Torres can get you out of that these days since it takes two turns to poison him, plus you can hold stratagem if they try.

I really dislike Vilge, for the same reason I dislike mill cards in general (even though, yes they are fun when you are the Mr. Miller yourself) the reason being the RNG factor, he can pull out a Simlas and ruin the entire game randomly just like you said. In fact, I do not know if you recall but I had the great misfortune of running into you during your little experiment and you blind Canta'd me first or second turn and pulled my Brute. I just instant forfeited, not because the game was 100% for sure lost but because it tilted me so much, but I bet you had a good laugh yourself which is the thing about NG in general, making Barracuda's quote perfect for this topic:

Today we're going to take a look at how I'd play Nilfgaard Enslave (6) in 11.5. If you think it's fun to prevent others from having fun then this is definitely for you.

This is just true for NG in general, and I say that as someone who has more games with NG than any of the other factions. I mean that is what is so much fun in the faction, stopping the opponent from executing their gameplan normally whether you do it by control or messing with their deck in some way.

Last edited:
Qcento's description may be click bait. I can guarantee that E6A is not a fun killer. Vilgefortz is and if you want, you can play without him. But Vilgefortz is the only card that can destory units in this deck. Mill and Clog are disgusting IMO and I wouldn't play 100+ games to see if they are not. But E6A is actually very strategic. Terra Nova is the only card you can feel like cheating, but if you don't draw Torres, the chances of him playing for insane value is actually less.

I would still advice/request/recommend that you give it a try. You will quickly see the various disadvantages of Calviet and polarization and how so many decks out there can own Enslave 6. I can guarantee that you wont get more score than you would otherwise go (what I mean is, the deck wont help you to go beyond your skill level).

This is my final deck after so many iterations (started with Canteralla, Coup, Anna, False Ciri and then had to cut them down due to various issues with those cards in general. Since I am not an NG main, this deck may not be optimal. Feel free to change cards as you wish). You can start with it and see. At least give E6A some 20 games (one page of match history) and see how it goes. I really want you to try and share your experience with a promise that it is not as OP or fun-killer as you might think.
It might not be a fun killer for some people or some factions, but I know sure as hell it is a fun killer against ST. Facing Torres looking leisurely at your deck and picking 3 best cards while at the same time playing for insane tempo is NOT fun. Watching Vilge burn a key building block of your combo and at the same time pulling Simlas or Gord is NOT fun. Watching Gord being played 3 times by E6 opponent, post-Torres, and actually see him boost higher than he boosts in your OWN DECK, is not fun. Watching them play Simlas into double diplomacy or double remedy or BOTH, because why not play Simlas multiple times? and proc all the engines 50 times is not fun. Watching Skellen hit you for 8 damage while all of the assimilate engines on the board are procced 4 times is not fun. Watching Sargeant spam is not fun. So I think from my limited, ST-skewed perspective, I'm going to agree with Qcento here.

As for trying it, ugh, I might do it at some point, "for science", if I'm properly medicated beforehand, but I'm not sure how illustrative the results would even be, since my heart wouldn't be in it at all.

Last edited:
Wow! You have only Informant for Brathens! You are bold! I would guess that it had back fired at least few games in which you could have won if you had emissary. You wanted to have predictability on Vigo and kept Brathens in the risk zone. May be it is good. I am not sure. I am not an NG main, so, you know better.

I know there is a risk, but usually, I don't hesitate to play Braathens early, if I see a good target.

Would you have a Joust in hand in R3 when Quarxis is played?!!!! Skellan makes sense, but Joust doeesn't.
You can still have a Joust in hand R2, and if there is a push after you lost R1 (pretty normal for Harmony), you can use it. In R3, of course, most probably you don't have this card.

May be there is an optimal way to play this deck which I don't know. In my experience I struggled (and never won) against Harmony and plenty of other decks with my version. May be it had something to do with the fact that I am not an NG main. Thanks for sharing your deck though.
Of course, you can play with this deck: add Vilgi and Bribery and take away Braathens, and some other cards. Play with False Ciri or with other tactics (Assassination and so on). There are many options.

rrc

Forum veteran
As someone who played Enslave 6 to 2.6k I must respectfully disagree with the deck being "fine" in its current state, specifically the most ridiculous card in the typical E6/assim deck is the R1 Torres which can completely steal your wincons and/or play for insane tempo which lack thereof was previously one of the weaknesses this deck had, and on top of it he has crazy synergy with Terranova and Coup, which previously you could play around if you timed when you played your cards right. I cannot tell you how many times I cursed my screen when for in example WH I do not draw my Eredin R1 and I'm up against E6, because now he will have an Eredin, two actually, or maybe three, there is a MAJOR issue with this card and he needs a nerf ASAP.

You should not auto lose to either Knights or Harmony, although Harmony can be frustrating if you get red coin abused by Saskia, but Torres can get you out of that these days since it takes two turns to poison him, plus you can hold stratagem if they try.

I really dislike Vilge, for the same reason I dislike mill cards in general (even though, yes they are fun when you are the Mr. Miller yourself) the reason being the RNG factor, he can pull out a Simlas and ruin the entire game randomly just like you said. In fact, I do not know if you recall but I had the great misfortune of running into you during your little experiment and you blind Canta'd me first or second turn and pulled my Brute. I just instant forfeited, not because the game was 100% for sure lost but because it tilted me so much, but I bet you had a good laugh yourself which is the thing about NG in general, making Barracuda's quote perfect for this topic:

This is just true for NG in general, and I say that as someone who has more games with NG than any of the other factions. I mean that is what is so much fun in the faction, stopping the opponent from executing their gameplan normally whether you do it by control or messing with their deck in some way.
Well, 50% of the games, you wont draw Torres in R1 and without which the deck has no tempo without sacrificing one of the top cards like Brathens in R1 in the highly polarized deck. Also, Torres is killed in so many ways and Harmony can easily kill him and so does most GN decks with poison or CoC. As for Vilegefortz, I agree. That card is bloody disgusting and that need to be nerfed. If you could reach 2.6k with E6A, then kudos to you. In that case, I would think that you are highly skilled that with any deck you can reach 2.6k. What I am saying is, you didn't reach 2.6k just because of this E6A deck, but because that is your skill level.

Regarding Canteralla, I had her mainly to screw with E6 decks which use Calveit. I don't remember facing you, but I had Cantrella in the very initial version. I had a few cheap wins like the scenario you mentioned which I didn't really enjoy. In many cases Canteralla played for crap value or negative value and she made me lose more games than win, so, I removed her later. I agree though any card which removes an opponent card is toxic as hell and shouldn't be in the game.

NR Knights deck has so much tempo that E6A can't match it. Even Torres in R1 can't help against their huge tempo. At least in my experience.
It might not be a fun killer for some people or some factions, but I know sure as hell it is a fun killer against ST. Facing Torres looking leisurely at your deck and picking 3 best cards while at the same time playing for insane tempo is NOT fun. Watching Vilge burn a key building block of your combo and at the same time pulling Simlas or Gord is NOT fun. Watching Gord being played 3 times by E6 opponent, post-Torres, and actually see him boost higher than he boosts in your OWN DECK, is not fun. Watching them play Simlas into double diplomacy or double remedy or BOTH, because why not play Simlas multiple times? and proc all the engines 50 times is not fun. Watching Skellen hit you for 8 damage while all of the assimilate engines on the board are procced 4 times is not fun. Watching Sargeant spam is not fun. So I think from my limited, ST-skewed perspective, I'm going to agree with Qcento here.

As for trying it, ugh, I might do it at some point, "for science", if I'm properly medicated beforehand, but I'm not sure how illustrative the results would even be, since my heart wouldn't be in it at all.
I now know why I hated this deck so much and created it to specifically mess with this deck. Opponent playing 3 Gords, Vilgefortz killing Vanadain and pulling Henson/Simlas. As I had mentioned earlier, my ST decks can barely win against this E6A, opponent playing more copies of Simlas for insane tempo etc. All this is true. It was tilting a lot and loathed this deck and thought this was the strongest deck in the game. All I am saying is, when it works against some decks, it can completely own the deck, but at the same time, it can be owned by many many decks too. All these scenarios, somehow I couldn't pull it off as the opponents played well (or their decks played well against E6A).

Well, 50% of the games, you wont draw Torres in R1
For games which you do not draw him what you do is you play Calveit and then you tutor him with either Magne Division or War Council, this ensures you have access to him R1 almost every game. The only time it is risky doing this or playing Calveit in general is against NG or that NR Shupe deck (because they think it's funny to meme with Ofiri Merchant).
In many cases Canteralla played for crap value
Yeah, I do not think she is OP, my point was the RNG factor of mill cards in general, because in cases when you throw the dice they do end up playing for insane value while other times it may be garbage. This has nothing to do with skill and belongs in a casino, not a strategical card game. But delving deeper into this would lead into a different topic entirely.
NR Knights deck has so much tempo that E6A can't match it.
I cannot give you a definite tactic in how to beat this deck because there are different paths that seem more correct depending on the situation and that requires an entire guide rather than general guidelines, but try to put yourself in the eyes of the NR player. You can copy/steal his engines and on top of it you have your own assimilate ones while you do it, not to mention a fair a mount of control with minimum one tall removal, I assure you it is not a comfortable situation for the opponent.

I don't want to throw out names because it just looks like bragging to me, so I will just say I never had a major issue with Knights while climbing the ladder with this deck. I am not saying it is a free win but I would definitely not call it an unfavourable matchup for E6 either.

Top Bottom