Favorite Boss Fight? <spoilers>

+
N0hbdy said:
@steelbom
Ah, yes I had riposte during that section and I fell back on it quite a bit, I can see how that section would be hell without it, my objection is withdrawn
Haha yeah, but think of this too: weak armour/sword, no swordsman skills, only 1 point in parry, no damage reduction, not much health, and little damage output. Took me four hours to beat that level and it involved a lot of running around in circles to recover my health after each hit. As a Swordsman the level (with the three swordsman and the draughir) literally took me 15 seconds. Both on Dark Mode. (I later reloaded and put two points into swordsman skills -- Riposte and something else I think, still took another two or three hours after that. Haha :eek: I wonder how I'll go this time around :p

gryphonosiris said:
Which boss was your favorite to fight in Witcher 2 and why?

I have to say Kayran because the damn thing made me nearly cry at the same time that it made me so angry because i wasn't as lucky as the most here. I had to try at least 10-12 times that thing so i was getting pretty steamed up. I got it eventually

These days it's easy to beat because i have learned from the mistakes that i did :D

slimgrin said:
The kayren wins!? Are you guys serious? It was a spectacle yes, but the least tactical fight in the whole bloody game.

Perhaps, but the preparation for the battle simply made it more fun. Felt like a real Witchers job.

Aver

Forum veteran
I would vote for second Operator fight from Ioverth's path ACT3 but there is no such option :(.

Chewin3 said:
Perhaps, but the preparation for the battle simply made it more fun. Felt like a real Witchers job.

The thing is, during the actual battle I didn't really feel like the preparation mattered all that much. Whether you take the potion or not makes a difference, but since stealth is so poorly implemented and you only get one shot at it, I didn't have the trap the first time (and when I did have it it seemed more like an impediment than something that actually helped), and besides, Sile almost immediately tells you to use Yrden anyway. The buildup to the battle was great, definitely proper Witcher stuff that the game could've used more of, but the actual fight itself was Rule of Three + Press X to Not Die, and that was it.

Kayran, the first and more epic, you're obliged to used all your resources: alchemy, magic and sword, and crafting to :)

Every boss should have a weakness, don't you all think. The boss fights in TW2-well I liked the Dragon fight, I had to reload several times before I got to defeating it. Not that reloading is a definite indicator for quality.

Maybe not considered a boss fight, the encounter with the Nilfgaardians (spelling?), the one in the camp for the rescue of Triss. I found that nice and challenging and all that for Triss... I liked that... two times against multiple enemies for loveliness in distress :)

Elves4me2 said:
I have to say Kayran because the damn thing made me nearly cry at the same time that it made me so angry because i wasn't as lucky as the most here. I had to try at least 10-12 times that thing so i was getting pretty steamed up. I got it eventually These days it's easy to beat because i have learned from the mistakes that i did :D
12 tries? That is...a lot, but that shows you have sufficient endurance. I died a few times when I met that beast the first time, but on my fifth, second Dark playthrough I had no problem with him. :)

Elves4me2 said:
Every boss should have a weakness, don't you all think. The boss fights in TW2-well I liked the Dragon fight, I had to reload several times before I got to defeating it. Not that reloading is a definite indicator for quality.Maybe not considered a boss fight, the encounter with the Nilfgaardians (spelling?), the one in the camp for the rescue of Triss. I found that nice and challenging and all that for Triss... I liked that... two times against multiple enemies for loveliness in distress :)
No, I don't really think optional bosses (like the Operator/s) should have obvious weaknesses, it is funner to beat an opponent that has no visible weaknesses, but through experience you get to know them to the point they don't stand a chance anymore. ;)

As for that Nilfgaardian fight, I haven't ever done that during my playthroughs, as I prefer saving Saskia.
I also like Yennefer more. :)

The Kayran was pure visual masturbation. For me, after the initial hype for the big monster, you realize that there is nothing challenging from a gameplay perspective (besides rolling from the giant tentacles) and it's just a huge spectacle.

First Letho. You learn more about yourself and why you and Letho are in this situation than you do in any other boss encounter.

I find the more challenging boss fights to be the best ones. So here's my list.

The boss fights are actually the most disappointing thing about TW2. Most of them are too easy and predictable once you figure out the opponent's pattern/moves. It's also why I've advocated for more difficult/less predictable boss fights on the higher difficulties.

In order of difficulty:
The Operator - Most difficult battle.

Letho (1st time) - You're not that powerful and he's more powerful than you. This isn't too easy of a fight. I have a hard time beating this one without signs.

Dragon - By the end of that game you're extremely powerful. Once you figure out the technique, this fight is quite easy.

Letho (2nd time) - Not too hard this time, however, more difficult than the fights below.

Draug - Aard, hit hit hit. Aard, hit hit hit. etc. This guy is simple. I should try him without signs, I guess that's a better gauge of how easy/difficult it is.

Kayran - I can beat this one with no signs except Yrden and no poison potion. It's not difficult at all. The only difficult part of this fight is running up that platform at the end. Getting hit by a rock on Dark Mode pretty much kills you.

I guess all of those fights were much more difficult the first time through. I remember reloading the Kayran fight so many times because I couldn't figure out what to do (too much dialogue skipping I guess) and Letho's first fight took me forever. The dragon was also ridiculous the first time.

I haven't fought the Operator, is he new in the EE?

It's hard for me to say, I found the Dragon and the Draug to be very easy from the first time I fought them.

I hate Letho the first time, just despise him! Never fought Letho the second time (I would never kill a fellow witcher, especially since he had a good reason).

Kayrin was interesting, but once you figure him out, no problem.

I really don't have a favorite main boss but I enjoyed very much many of the mini bosses from the contracts (endriga queens and such). They weren't too difficult if you actually took the time to plan the battle and read up on them.

jfprovata said:
I haven't fought the Operator, is he new in the EE?

It's hard for me to say, I found the Dragon and the Draug to be very easy from the first time I fought them.

I hate Letho the first time, just despise him! Never fought Letho the second time (I would never kill a fellow witcher, especially since he had a good reason).

Kayrin was interesting, but once you figure him out, no problem.

I really don't have a favorite main boss but I enjoyed very much many of the mini bosses from the contracts (endriga queens and such). They weren't too difficult if you actually took the time to plan the battle and read up on them.
Well...there is a new Operator in EE, but the original one is in the game since release. :)

OK got through another play through. I did fight the operator this time(did not in previous play throughs which explains why I didn't remember him).
By far my favorite boss of the game.

The Operator, he just felt so..... awesome, cool and mysterious.

The Kayrans build up was cool but with dem QTEs and the way the fight worked it felt like something from God of war or The legend of Zelda.

Not that it was bad, the operator was just better.

I like the second fight with Letho. It's not that challenging, but with the right timing you can actually fence with him a bit, which is awfully underrepresented in the other boss fights. And the ending cutscene is great.

Second Letho. I like the other fights, but the witcher vs witcher thing is just cool. It's also nice closure for the game. Sometimes I let him live, but in general...dude killed Cedric, dude goes down.

Babli said:
Kayran. Because I could prepare for him properly, like a witcher. Ask about reward, make traps, potions, debate strategy with Sheala, Cedric. It was mentioned by a lot of people and put perfectly into the plot and world. It just had perfect build-up to it.

This. It really felt like you were going to fight something really powerful, and the hype was filling up all the time.

Top Bottom