FSR 3, when can the community expect it!

+
Just popping back in here to laugh about the fact that CDPR announced FSR3 implementation, what, 4 months ago?

Yeah, lets request more unnecessary new features, that's totally the priority over fixing bugs and crashes. There's absolutely no way that introducing this stuff will cause any new problems.

Yeah, lets request more unnecessary new features, that's totally the priority over fixing bugs and crashes. There's absolutely no way that introducing this stuff will cause any new problems.
Simnply not true. It offers upscaling with increased performance with retention to visual quality. It benefits the user. By your logic, they shouldnt have added DLSS, FSR, or XeSS or Ray Reconstruction at all. It introduced bugs for visuals. See? ThaT sounds really dumb. Also, you clearly dont know how programming works. Fixing bugs and crashes introduces new ones. THe act of fixing things causes new issues. Nothing wrong with people wanting FSR 3. It's not even a new feature the community requested, CDPR announced they'd support it when AMD revealed the feature. The community is simply upholding them to their commitment and promises.
Post automatically merged:

Just popping back in here to laugh about the fact that CDPR announced FSR3 implementation, what, 4 months ago?
True, and now 3.1 is about to be released with decoupled Frame Gen, and we dont even know if we are gonna get that.

This is really hopeless case.

CDPR would add FSR 3.1 so that 3000 series users could use DLSS + FG? No way, NVIDIA would not allow.

Last edited:

CDPR would add FSR 3.1 so that 3000 series users could use DLSS + FG? No way, NVIDIA would not allow.

I really don't get how some of you get to this wild and, I'm sorry, somewhat conspiracy-ish theory.

CDPR and Nvidia are two separate entities. Nvidia holds not decisional power over CDPR.

Furthermore, why would Nvidia give a crap?

Their main bread and butter is GPUs and technological advances related to them and they absolutely dominate that space. AMD is so far behind in that space that it's not even a competition. I'm not talking about product quality or performance here, I'm talking about product adoption.

The vast majority of gamers, which is the only demographic affected by FSR3, are team green. It's been this way for decades and even though the 4000s series is one of Nvidia's worst selling, it's still beating AMD's offering by a lot.

As of Feb 2024, Steam's survey shows 76.92% of users are team green while team red gets a far smaller 15.09%.

And it's been this way forever.

There is zero reason to believe Nvidia is worried in the slightest about AMD's GPU offering or FSR3.xx.

Don't get me wrong, AMD products are good. They offer better bang for your buck too but Nvidia is not worried about FSR3 in the slighest and they are definitely not blocking developers from integrating FSR.

AMD FSR 3.1 Announced at GDC 2024, FSR 3 Available and Upcoming in 40 Games​

21 exciting upcoming games get FSR 3 soon (as of March 20, 2024), including Cyberpunk 2077, Dragon's Dogma 2, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, Frostpunk 2, Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut, NARAKA: BLADEPOINT, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, and Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2.

AMD FSR 3.1 Announced at GDC 2024

in case of console with adding FSR3 , the thing isn't about getting more fps , but having more headroom for features used with UE5 :)
FSR3 + UE5 + and later it'll be the best combo for dev .

about PC game now , FSR3 or dlss3.5+ , i think those 're good feature but before like as console , Dev on PC port need to reminds first they need to improve performance/stability . : this is the case of CP 2077 on 1.63 ( with the goal to add path traycing overdrive ) but the same horrible state on CP 2077 2.xx + , FSR3 stuff or Dlss 3.5 FG just be some "glue" to hide the poor optimized build of Cyberpunk 2077 since patch 2.0 .

I just want to point out that Robocop is an indie game that has a linear playthrough. It is a much different game than Cyberpunk 2077. You cannot expect the same or better from CDPR. It is likely to happen when they do add fsr3 but, Robocop is simply not comparable as far as implementing software like fsr3. It's like complaining that your semi truck and trailer can't go faster than your buddy's honda accord. There is simply way more to consider in a game like CDPR. You can't even drive a vehicle in Robocop. Cool game though. I liked it. would be way cool if cdpr helped out the creators with some funding and maybe a couple of their own to beef that cute little doo-wa-diddy of a game. Robocop was probably the easiest FSR3 implementation that has taken place so far. don't quote me on that but, comparing the two titles in any regard other than maybe the story is incoherent.

Side note: everyone likes to talk down about the poor performance of this game and the events around it's release. People act like they have never mistakenly made promises they thought they could keep, under pressure. This game dropped a lot of the work they put into it, prior to release. It is ridiculous to expect anything but trouble with circumstances like that. It's like the story Fahrenheit 451 but, those that complained demanded Shakespeare before it was ready to be shared. plain and simple. You folks will participate in micro transaction titles and somehow find the nerve to complain about a different creed with the same expectations of farmvile.

Also, I don't know what your system is like but, when 2.12 came out my experience became way better. I had 40 FPS pathtracing on an rtx 3060. I stopped using mods to make it perform better. I think CDPR has done a great job optimizing their game. I can play this game on an FX 6300 and an rx 570 with a decent monitor that interpolates or "dejudders" or just a small screen. looks like 30 fps. The game performs better than release. ill even throw a rx560 at this game. no ray tracing but it keeps 30 fps or more and looks smooth with the right cpu. you don't even need a small monitor or even a fancy monitor with Variable Refresh Rate or decent frame interpolation.

Who's opinion are you using. I wanna talk to that guy about product knowledge and the meaning of cutting edge. Maybe the meaning of life, I'm ok with crying.

I wouldn't even be mad if fsr3 was put into Cyberpunk and released after Ghosts of Tsushima on PC comes out. Cyberpunk is available on all platforms minus nintendo. Ghosts of tsushima is currently only available for ps4. Ghosts of Tsushima has a way lighter workload from that view point alone. Cyberpunk has three platforms two of those platforms have multiple consoles that are still online. it's speculation but at face value (where you stand) it doesn't look like they are wasting time by any means. take a look at some of the other titles set to release an fsr3 update. Most of them can be played on a toaster at a smooth framerate, 30 fps or more likely 60 fps so, you won't have to trust me when I say you are the one being laughed at. you can see all of this through other users sharing on this very thread. I can't wait but you are no better than me. I understand enough to accurately follow the goods i like's progress before I make complaints. I am waiting patiently. I waited for Halo 2. Imagine what it was like for the first Halo, that game went through Mac and Ps2 before it came to the market on xbox. It even started out as and rts before the famous fps we all know. It simply takes years to make cutting edge games. sometimes new tech comes out and they start over. It takes multiple teams of people to do this kind of work and it still takes years sometimes even decades. The progress of video games is not exclusive to the labor of the creators by a long shot. I hope this comes as consoling to you. Don't believe the hype. It's just not the thing, now is it?

Nvidia does not care. Gaming graphics cards are their side hustle at this point. They have far more important interests or rather are more focused on implementing A.I. into colloquial commerce and other private industry sales and projects on top of leading in sales and performance with their gpus. Also fsr3 is different software than dlss so Nvidia couldn't do anything about it even if they wanted to. They are two different products that do different things to get the same results.

Last edited:
Top Bottom