Full Combat Rebalance 2

+
Please, somebody explain where I can find either harpy traps or the harpy trap diagram in act II/Iorveth.
This question has been asked repeatedly by others but never answered.
I am using version 3.4 and the 1.2 mod patch, no other patches.

Please, if you have found either of these, tell me where to look! Thanks.

Attachments

• witcher2 2014-02-26 21-22-42-11.jpg
    witcher2 2014-02-26 21-22-42-11.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 82
  • witcher2 2014-02-26 21-24-27-29.jpg
    witcher2 2014-02-26 21-24-27-29.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
First of all, congratulations on this amazing mod.

I have a weird issue with the dark armors. I understand that most vanilla effects (life drain, etc) have been removed for balancing purposes, does that include the graphical effect/shaders involved in drawing the sword? By toggling the mod off, I get those, but there's no way of getting this dark effect with FCR 2, which looks quite cool :).

My game is a clear GoG patched installation, and I tried reinstalling FCR 2 but no luck so far. Is this working as intended? Could this be a save-related issue, as mine had a troubled history (FCR 2 1.1, then weird vanilla-hybrid, then 1.2) ?

Thanks for the help :)

First of all, congratulations on this amazing mod.

I have a weird issue with the dark armors. I understand that most vanilla effects (life drain, etc) have been removed for balancing purposes, does that include the graphical effect/shaders involved in drawing the sword? By toggling the mod off, I get those, but there's no way of getting this dark effect with FCR 2, which looks quite cool :).

My game is a clear GoG patched installation, and I tried reinstalling FCR 2 but no luck so far. Is this working as intended? Could this be a save-related issue, as mine had a troubled history (FCR 2 1.1, then weird vanilla-hybrid, then 1.2) ?

Thanks for the help :)

I answered my own question by looking up the scripts.dzip/player.ws files, which disabled the dark effect in the mod. So working as intended per Flash's intentions, but I restored the visual effect :).

Hi, I've just started using this mod and I'm having quite a few issues that I was hoping someone could help me with.

The biggest problem is that I can't seem to get the strafing or riposting to work at all. I don't think I've done either even once so far. I see the riposte trigger and click it seemingly in time but nothing happens, except that I leave myself open to get hit by that enemy. And strafing just doesn't happen whatsoever, whether I'm locked on or not, whether it's a single target or a group, it makes no difference. Any advice on what I might be doing wrong?

I have an issue with the parrying too. I though it was meant to be 100% parry chance from all directions but that doesn't seem to be the case for me cause plenty of hits still get through the stance even when I'm standing still.

Also I was under the impression that this mod removed the back-stab mechanic but I'm still getting hit for huge damage and seeing the 'Stabbed in the back!' report in the combat log regularly.

Finally can someone explain to me the situation with stats on the armour and weapons in this mod. Cause it seems like everything has very poor stats now and I don't know if that's intentional or just something going wrong for me. Does the 'damage penalty' on my Witcher 1 Raven's Armour mean that I'm actually doing less damage for having it on?

Oh and anyone know where I can get the Grapeshot Bomb recipe from now that Cedric doesn't sell it anymore?

Please let me know if you have any advice on these issues. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
i can't install the mods...plzz help

Do you have:

1. The game patched to 3.4. If you have the game patched up to 3.4, you will have a line in the Launcher menu that says "Mods". If you don't, get the patch(es) you need from http://redkit.cdprojektred.com/index.php?c=download

2. The installer for FCR 2. Get it from http://redkit.cdprojektred.com/?c=mod&m=show&p=77

Just run the FCR 2 installer. When you get to the last screen of the installer, it allows you to enable the mod content. Check all the boxes, then click "Save and Exit".

Launch the game and start a New Game. You can import a TW1 save. (Don't try to continue an existing game; FCR 2 changes many things, and you will get errors.)

An Ysgith rune fix

Hi all.
In FCR 2 v1.2 the Ysgith rune has 200% insta-kill property (lol). I've made a very basic fix for this issue. Just extract the following archive into the Witcher 2 installation directory preserving the folder structure (you should have smth like this as a result: "C:\Witcher2\CookedPC\items\def_stats_item_runes.xml").

You obviously shouldn't install this if you have other rune-modifying mod on top of your FCR2.

will anyone release this mod without any other changes than combat improvements?i mean without skill tree changes and removing items and this things?i mean flash or someone else with source files cause i really like this mode but not some changes.thanks flash.Oh looks like in the mod installer flash already said he cant.

Last edited:
Is it possible to restore monster experience and dark items effects (life stealing) by changing something in the mod files? Thanks

Having some trouble with the long fight sequence after the Amphitheatre.

Basically I'm "winning" the fight after three 'sequences' by reducing my opponent's health to zero, which renders me incapable of 'surviving' the remaining sequences by landing sufficient damage (sword blows pass through without being recognised), and I can't get out of range without before dying.

Sword: Confession, with Weapon handling, gaps in armour, adrenaline 99+, Vran armour, Harpy trophy. Potions: Swallow, Tawny Owl, Gadwall, Wolverine, no debuffs.

I guess I could swap out for a less good sword (or the Caerne steel one), and Wolverine/Harpy, but this seems at odds with the "plan". Does anyone else find this fight over before it starts?

I have managed to not win too early a few times, but trying to see the alternative ending (Roche/Triss/Henselt alive) is causing me some hassle, even when earlier attempts were more straightforward.

Thanks for your reply. The trap diagrams simply were not there, with any seller-- the default sellers were who I had tried first (should have mentioned that) Must have been some sort of glitch, though since it is mentioned a few times on the boards it may not have been a unique one. I ended up just skipping the harpy quest.

I've installed the mod .. parts of it I do like .. but the downside of it to my opinion is the removal of the block with the sword ( I mean come on , Grealt is supposed to be a renown swordsman and he can't block with the sword ) and the gamble with the new block mechanic isn't really reliable on higher difficulty ,, so I decided to stick with the old fighting mechanic and I will play it on dark difficulty using the old ''trusted'' combat. But now I'm having a problem .. after I uninstalled the mod skill changes that come with the combat rebalance were not removed, can that be fixed without reinstalling the whole game again? Cuz I'd have to download it again and I don't have really fast internet connection,

I've installed the mod .. parts of it I do like .. but the downside of it to my opinion is the removal of the block with the sword ( I mean come on , Grealt is supposed to be a renown swordsman and he can't block with the sword ) and the gamble with the new block mechanic isn't really reliable on higher difficulty ,, so I decided to stick with the old fighting mechanic and I will play it on dark difficulty using the old ''trusted'' combat. But now I'm having a problem .. after I uninstalled the mod skill changes that come with the combat rebalance were not removed, can that be fixed without reinstalling the whole game again? Cuz I'd have to download it again and I don't have really fast internet connection,

Depends on how you uninstalled it . Did you uninstall it via control panel>Programs and Features ?

Depends on how you uninstalled it . Did you uninstall it via control panel>Programs and Features ?

First I disabled the mod through the launcher (The WItcher 2 User Content Manager) ,, after that I noticed that skill changed were not removed .. only then I removed it via my computer > uninstall or change program, but the problem still remains !
:sad:

First I disabled the mod through the launcher (The WItcher 2 User Content Manager) ,, after that I noticed that skill changed were not removed .. only then I removed it via my computer > uninstall or change program, but the problem still remains !
:sad:

It`s been awhile since i`ve had FCR2 installed but If you look inside your witcher 3 installation folders most probably the CookedPC folder you should see some files with a .bak extension . The best I can remember FCR2 makes a backup of your old files before in installs . Foe example you might have
base_scripts.dzip and
base_scripts.dzip.bak
First thing to do is create a system restore point just in case something goes awry . Then delete only the files have the exact name as a .bak file . Then rename the .bak files and just remove the .bak part of the name when renaming them .

It`s been awhile since i`ve had FCR2 installed but If you look inside your witcher 3 installation folders most probably the CookedPC folder you should see some files with a .bak extension . The best I can remember FCR2 makes a backup of your old files before in installs . Foe example you might have
base_scripts.dzip and
base_scripts.dzip.bak
First thing to do is create a system restore point just in case something goes awry . Then delete only the files have the exact name as a .bak file . Then rename the .bak files and just remove the .bak part of the name when renaming them .

I tried removing the base_scripts.dzip which I found in CookedPC folder the game didn't want to start afterwards ,, I restored the deleted file and game is starting (the problem is still there) , the .bak extension file is not present in CookedPC folder of the game.

here is the screenshot of the files I have in CookedPC folder

Hmmm i`m missing something . I`ll see if I can get the mod installed this weekend to find out what changes are made to the description set and if any other files are altered . Will let you know something when I find out .

Hmmm i`m missing something . I`ll see if I can get the mod installed this weekend to find out what changes are made to the description set and if any other files are altered . Will let you know something when I find out .

you don't really have to,,, I appreciate the help tho,, it's not that big of a deal .. I'm playing the game again non the less ,,, skills itself are not bugged .. it's just the description that is bugged .. so I wasn't sure did they really work until I got further in the game.

Top Bottom