Funny/stupid mistakes you've made in the game

+
A fairly common thread on game forums, but none existed here yet. So, I'm making one. :cool:

I'll start with a few things.

1. Instead of tagging an enemy, I accidentally tossed a grenade and didn't manage to get away before it detonated in my face. It didn't flatline me, but it did alert enemies, thus ruining my stealth attempt.
2. Wanted to see what happens if I drive my car into the ocean, or whether the game would even let me do that.
3. Tried to jump onto a balcony one floor above. There was an identical balcony on the floor I was on. Jumping resulted in failing to reach either balcony, i.e. death by gravity. The fall was several seconds, too.

I started the Rescue Saul mission. Panam is giving off big we-gotta-hurry energy. Fair. I'm driving the van and have pedal floored. I see the train tracks crossing the road but I'm in a hurry so I pay them no mind. Big! Mistake! We hit those tracks at full speed, the van launched into the air and lands upside down.

I imagined V saying "So Saul's really tough right? Like he can endure a lot? Just saying... he might have to... while we flip this van over."

I won't spoil it too much, but there's a van V has to steal that's in range of a turret. If you put the turret on friendly mode and it starts shooting at your enemies, there's an excellent chance it will blow up your target van. The Fixer will be quite scathing, and V will miss a handsome payout.

To be honest, I find turret friendly mode to be a very hit-or-miss proposition [haha...see what I did there?]

I won't spoil it too much, but there's a van V has to steal that's in range of a turret. If you put the turret on friendly mode and it starts shooting at your enemies, there's an excellent chance it will blow up your target van. The Fixer will be quite scathing, and V will miss a handsome payout.

To be honest, I find turret friendly mode to be a very hit-or-miss proposition [haha...see what I did there?]
lol! I've kinda done that before. I was so into blowing everyone away w/ my SMG that I forgot the mission was to get the van. I checked the objective after everyone was very thoroughly dead and was all "Get the van... cool! Now where's that.... awwwwwwwwww dang. I think I done blowed it up."

Being laughably over-levelled & gear'd for the final fight (despite playing in Hard mode). I think this was around v1.2 or v1.3 of the game. May/June 2021 or thereabouts.

I went in all sneaky like to try and get a glimpse of him without him spotting me (like you can with Sasquatch), to size him up before actually engaging him. Fired up the Sandie from stealth and sent a volley of revolver rounds at his head, then dodged away to cover, to avoid whatever attack he was going to send my way. Looked back and realised that I'd already taken half his HP in the opening salvo. Only 2 more salvos like that (he lost sight of me and started blind-firing) and the fight was over. I probably could have done it run & gun style but I was way more nervous about the fight than I needed to be.

I don't recall him actually wounding my V at all :eek:

The mistake being, that I should have attempted that mission way way sooner instead of side-questing until I hit the level cap.

I guess it happen to many if not everyone...
I just slowly and silently infiltrate a building, then I hid behind a nice cover with a perfect view, ready to one shot the dude who peacefully waited to be killed. Quite proud of myself to not being detected until now, I conscientiously aimed his head, and shot...
But thank to the hitboxes, instead of blowing up the dude head as expected, my bullet hit the "thing" in front of me which obviously, was gas cylinder... which blew up and instantly killed me :giggle:

I was chasing after a vehicle, but my vehicle's handling wasn't too great; I accidentally ran over a ped because I couldn't turn fast enough to avoid them, and the NCPD did not exactly like that...

One of those sidequests that needed you to klep a car. It was in one of those garages that have like an opening underneath so mechanics can work on them from below. Drove forward and instantly just dropped the car halfway down it.

At start of PL, while rescuing Myers, i kept jumping of places an killing myself, i honestly must've done it about 5 times

I may have used my one and only attribute reset after picking up where I left off 6 or more months ago. Luckily, I still have the original save, so not all is lost.

I realized I made a really dumb mistake the one time I tried to go to Dogtown to start the expansion.

I thought the guards were gangsters or other enemies, because they had the "potential enemy" marker above their heads, so I stealth attacked them with quickhacks, from a distance and above them.

It didn't end well for me; the NPCs did massive damage and took next to none. I was level 30+. As a result, I mistakenly concluded the expansion is extremely difficult to even start. :ROFLMAO:

I'll be smarter next time!

Following the romantic attitude, Panam allowed me to drive the Basilisk, I drove off from Aldecaldos camp in hope I'll be able to shoot some npc cars, but reaching an invisible barrier she harshly yelled: fuck, turn back or I'll take the steering from you!
In this moment all romantic feeling was gone.

I recall it, since I wanted to have sex with her, but now I'm no longer interested :sneaky:.

Top Bottom