• Option 1: Sword of Destiny-Version

Votes: 323 52.4%
  • Option 2: Debut-Version

Votes: 68 11.0%
  • Option 3:VGX-Version

Votes: 70 11.4%
  • Option 4:Summer Conference-Version

Votes: 129 20.9%
  • Other (Freel free to post your suggestion)

Votes: 26 4.2%

• Total voters
He really looks too much like a normal human at this point
guess they wanted to make him less ugly so more people will buy the game ..
don't like it but what can you do?

I've found this screenshot, it should be from Famitsu and they say it's the Ps4 version (I don't think so. It seems, to me, a Pc version, but I can be wrong):

Now, here Geralt looks almost perfect, very TW2like; I mean, the shape of the nose and its angle, the chin, the overall face silhouette, everything is as it should (maybe the hair should be a tad whiter, but nonetheless even if they left the hue like this, it would be enough). I haven't seen a front shot from the same build, so I can't be sure, but the problem seems to lay in the front angle, maybe because they changed the proportions too much and in a way that affects only that angle.
Anyway, if they do with the front face what they have done with the sideview, then we shouldn't worry anymore about Geralt's look.
I really hope that they work this way, because this is the closest result to the CGI opening, the one of Geralt following Yennefer's trails.
If everything is going as I suppose, only yellow eyes are missing.

P.s. And of course he should be paler, as in the CGI mentioned above.

Other than a bit too tanned that's a great representation of what I personally think Geralt should look like. Reminds me of a bad a$$ fantasy version of Solid Snake. pS4 version looking damn good according to that pic BTW :)

Other than a bit too tanned that's a great representation of what I personally think Geralt should look like. Reminds me of a bad a$$ fantasy version of Solid Snake. pS4 version looking damn good according to that pic BTW :)

Yeah, as I said, he should be paler. About this build being a Ps4 version, I repeat that I'm not sure it is really that console's build, because it is far more crisp and detailed than the Xboxone version. The two systems aren't really that different in terms of performance, so I would really be surprised if it turned to be the truth.
Anyway, I have a gut feeling that this is a PC shot. Don't get me wrong, I would be more than happy if this turned out to be representative of the actual Ps4 graphics, because next year I am gonna purchase one. The fact is that I don't want to have wild expectations and then remain disappointed.

Going back to the face topic, I really hope that they don't alterate the trademark looks and features of our witcher, because otherwise it would feel like recasting for the new seasons of a TV show/trilogy movie: not recognizing an actor as the character he's playing disappoints you and breaks the suspension of disbelief, which in fantasy productions has the highest priority.

I have to agree. He's WAY too Human. The face model itself is looking great but coloration is just bad. Witcher 2 version had a lot more lore-friendly face, this one is just too "warm" if you know what I mean.

I trust CDProject that they will present us the best version in the final. I mean in the Witcher 2 there's big difference in Geralt's face between the trailers 6 months before the release and the final version, and the final one was perfect.

I hope you are right. The fact is that with this 3rd installment of the saga, they are aiming to a wider audience than the one of the previous chapters, so maybe they are changing the character's aspect to fit more the taste, the habits and the expectations of the new players. This due premise is to pinpoint that the circumstances are different from the ones in which TW1&2 were developed. Anyway, I trust CD Project too and these posts are just a reminder of what most old fans (I may sound presumptuous, but if you read this topic, you'll see that there is a vast majority that has issues with face changes) prefer.

---------- Updated at 09:51 AM ----------

He looks too human only for the tan, the iris color and the grayish hair (but this detail has slightly improved, not?). These are elements which are very easy to change.
Let's just remind them what we prefer, hoping that they listen to us. There is plenty of time until May 2015 for this modifications to be done.

---------- Updated at 09:52 AM ----------

I have to agree. He's WAY too Human. The face model itself is looking great but coloration is just bad. Witcher 2 version had a lot more lore-friendly face, this one is just too "warm" if you know what I mean.

That's it. It's just the colors in the right places. Let's just remind them and see what happens...

That's it. It's just the colors in the right places. Let's just remind them and see what happens...
Only if they will listen.. Because the complaints about the face colour has been since the beggining but it seems like they don't really care about changing it. Tho the "Killing Mosters" trailer had accurate face colour.

Tho the "Killing Mosters" trailer had accurate face colour.
Also the Following tracks opening cinematic is true to the character. I really don't understand why they use a different version in gameplay. It's just annoying.
But, again, the only thing we can do is standing for this point and see what they decide to do.

Last edited:
Also the Following tracks opening cinematic is true to the character. I really don't understand why they use a different version in gameplay. It's just annoying.
But, again, the only thing we can do is standing for this point and see what they decide to do.
Agree, we just have to wait and see.

About the Fallowing Tracks opening scene - I haven't seen that one yet. I decided that I will better wait til game comes out and Experience it for the first time just before I jump into the actual gameplay! :)

Agree, we just have to wait and see.

About the Fallowing Tracks opening scene - I haven't seen that one yet. I decided that I will better wait til game comes out and Experience it for the first time just before I jump into the actual gameplay! :)

Wise choice. The fact is that when you are looking forward to something, being patient turns out to be a difficult task.

Geralt's face to me was (and still is) one of the major concerns about the game. Now, we have less then three months before the game is released, so I highly doubt that there will be any change in the matter. They just ruined Gerald's look, but if you are going to buy the game, you absolutely have to get over it or it will be difficult to enjoy your time playing.

Right now I am considering the purchase only if gameplay is good, because the visual aspect is screwed up.

P.s. If the final build will be improved graphically, then I will be more than glad to be wrong.

---------- Updated at 07:01 PM ----------

Looks like the game has been delayed to May, so maybe there is still time to change the face shape and to fix the hair colour...

One word

RedKit

Just look at Witcher 2, there is already a mod that adds a beard

There will likely be many mods and alternative look DLCs to change how Geralt appears

One word

RedKit

Just look at Witcher 2, there is already a mod that adds a beard

There will likely be many mods and alternative look DLCs to change how Geralt appears

This is true for PC users, not for console owners. I stand for my opinion that the look of the character, if it works well, shouldn't change. And that's the case: Geralt has to be as close as possible to TW1&2 in looks.

---------- Updated at 02:22 PM ----------

Especially when that what you wait is delayed for another 3 months :mean: :D

Yeah, but I think they took the right decision. If they published the game on February, I'm sure that they wouldn't have changed his Godfather/hamster face and they wouldn't have added the coup de grace on grounded opponents (a mechanic that I strongly hope they will put in, as it was present two generations ago and looks awesome in other action/adventure games of the previous and of the current gen).

This is true for PC users, not for console owners. I stand for my opinion that the look of the character, if it works well, shouldn't change. And that's the case: Geralt has to be as close as possible to TW1&2 in looks.

They did say that some of the free DLCs will be alternative looks for Geralt so there is still hope

---------- Updated at 05:36 PM ----------

This. This right here.

---------- Updated at 05:37 PM ----------

Also it should be noted that a lot of people prefer the new look of Geralt's face, for instance myself and several other people I asked.
Just look at the poll results on this very thread, the vast majority has voted that they like the way he looks in the trailer.
So if they will implement this, it will probably be an optional change.

Last edited:
Alternative looks, but not alternative faces, as far as I know.

While not definitive proof, it definitely leans to that direction

Nobody knows for sure I suppose

But the possibility is there, and as long as there will be enough people who want them, who knows, maybe they will go out of their way to make them ;) you never know

Also it should be noted that a lot of people prefer the new look of Geralt's face, for instance myself and several other people I asked.
Just look at the poll results on this very thread, the vast majority has voted that they like the way he looks in the trailer.
So if they will implement this, it will probably be an optional change.
[/COLOR]

The poll lets you choose between TW3 looks, it doesn't mention the old incarnations at all. Then you have to consider that:
A- People has complained about hair color and eyes since day 1
B- They even changed the "Sword of Destiny" trailer face, making Geralt almost unrecognizable and worse (swamp/Johnny gameplay). And people complained about that.

So up until now CD Projekt has experimented with many faces. I hope that, at least the side view/profile stays like the "maybePs4butnotquite" screenshot and that they make the front shot coherent with the profile, which recalls TW2. It's the one who they have made better and, seeing that in the CGI Geralt IS EQUAL to his TW2 appearance, I just don't see why they should stick to another option when turning to gameplay. It's just like if in a movie the actor playing the main role is replaced by another without any plausible motivation. It's just useless and annoying.

---------- Updated at 05:59 PM ----------

While not definitive proof, it definitely leans to that direction

Nobody knows for sure I suppose

But the possibility is there, and as long as there will be enough people who want them, who knows, maybe they will go out of their way to make them ;) you never know

I highly doubt that they meant "different faces" with that. To me it means different haircuts and gears. It makes a lot more sense.

Top Bottom