GOG version not updating correctly

+
Hi I am new here and I have a problem with witcher 3 next gen. I first chainged beta channels to classic and downloaded the original game that worked fine. Later I chainged my mind and wanted to play Next Gen version so i changed beta chanells in gog launcher back to Disabled to download the new game version. But now I get an error when I launch the game while it compiles the red engine 3:

Error [content0]game\quests\quest_function.ws(8772): Could not find function 'GetIsAltSignCasting'
Error [content0]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(1994): Could not find function 'GetIsAltSignCasting'
Error [content0]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(2005): Could not find function 'GetIsAltSignCastingPressed'
Error [content0]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(11781): Could not find function 'SetRadialPotionUpperTimer'
Error [content0]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(11787): Could not find function 'SetRadialPotionLowerTimer'
Error [content0]game\explorations\exploration_movement_system\exploration_substates\explorationstatejump.ws(292): Could not find function 'GetIsAltSignCasting'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\items\spells\signowner.ws(208): Could not find function 'GetIsAltSignCasting'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\items\spells\signowner.ws(231): Could not find function 'GetIsAltSignCasting'
Error [content0]game\gui\hud\modules\hudmodulecontrolsfeedback.ws(116): Could not find function 'GetIsAltSignCasting'
Error [content0]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(1363): Could not find function 'SetIsAltSignCasting'
Error [content0]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(1368): Could not find function 'SetIsAltSignCasting'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\items\spells\signentity.ws(980): Could not find function 'GetIsAltSignCasting'

Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(30): Global native function 'EnableDebugOverlayFilter' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(32): Global native function 'EnableDebugPostProcess' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\showflags.ws(11): Global native function 'DebugSetEShowFlag' was not exported from C++ code.

I tried verify/repair-ing the game in gog launcher and it did download 160 MB of data but the game stil doesent compile. Has anyone any idea what migt be the prroblem ?

Post moved!

If I understand correctly, you began playing on the original version of the game, updated to next-gen, then rolled back to the legacy version?

There's a good chance that won't work. When you update a program, files will be overwritten and new files may be added to a program. Rolling back will likely require a complete delete / reinstall.

Top Bottom