Script compile error, game won't run at all.

+
The game wont run I get this:

Error [content0]game\player\player.ws(1010): Could not find function 'OnBlockingSceneStarted_OnIntroCutscene'
Error [content0]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(1976): Could not find function 'IsInCutsceneIntro'
Error [content0]game\photomodemanager.ws(82): Could not find function 'IsInCutsceneIntro'

Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(30): Global native function 'EnableDebugOverlayFilter' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(32): Global native function 'EnableDebugPostProcess' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\showflags.ws(11): Global native function 'DebugSetEShowFlag' was not exported from C++ code.

If I click "retry" it gets shortened to:

Error [content0]game\player\player.ws(1010): Could not find function 'OnBlockingSceneStarted_OnIntroCutscene'
Error [content0]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(1976): Could not find function 'IsInCutsceneIntro'
Error [content0]game\photomodemanager.ws(82): Could not find function 'IsInCutsceneIntro'

Validating the files didn't fix it, neither did trying to run it in DX11.
Updating drivers made no change.
Restarting my computer did nothing either.
I tried looking around online and the only people with similar bugs are people using mods. But I don't use any mods...

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    109.9 KB · Views: 42
The game wont run I get this:

Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(30): Global native function 'EnableDebugOverlayFilter' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(32): Global native function 'EnableDebugPostProcess' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\showflags.ws(11): Global native function 'DebugSetEShowFlag' was not exported from C++ code.

If I click "retry" it gets shortened to:

Validating the files didn't fix it, neither did trying to run it in DX11.
Updating drivers made no change.
Restarting my computer did nothing either.
I tried looking around online and the only people with similar bugs are people using mods. But I don't use any mods...
You never used mods in the past ?
If yes, be sure that there is mods folder (nor any mods files) which remain in the game folder
(uninstalling the game from the launcher, generally don't uninstall mod files/folders. So if you played with mods years ago, uninstalled the game only with the launcher, there are great chances that everything which is related to mods still there)

What do you know. I double checked and there was in fact a single mod from years back that I had forgotten about. Now that I remember its existence, I remember that the mod never worked when I tried installing it back then. So I forgot it was even there, considering it didn't change anything about the game.
I decided to try reinstalling the game before you replied, so I'll let you know if deleting the mods folder fixed the issue when it's done.

Whenever there are script compile errors, this means one thing and one thing only: you have scripts somewhere that aren't "original" so the game needs to recompile them at first start. This is NORMAL if you've installed mods with script files, for example.

Solution: remove all mods and try again. If the game runs without issues, see if there's an update to the mod.

If not, see what you can do on your own! For example: I'm using a mod called "Mane & Tail Fix" (which fixes some hair issues with Roach). The mod was never updated for next-gen version, but I did it myself... I copied the original (new) script file from the game, opened it, inserted the stuff that the mod changed, and it worked right away :D moral of the story: have a little bit of "initiative" and don't be afraid to try things. The worst you could do is having to reinstall the game. But that's not really an issue, is it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom