Introducing a Limited Floppy Edition of Cyberpunk 2077!

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
CyberpunkUltimateEdition_FloppyDiskEdition_1920x1080_EN.png

Are you a fan of sleeper gaming PCs?

Do you yearn for the retrofuturistic experience of the original Cyberpunk?

Do you miss the good ol’ days when game installation was a ritual of its own?

Whichever of the above describes you best, then you’ll love the Floppy Edition of Cyberpunk 2077!

Nowadays, in the era of digital distribution, most PCs come with no drives. However, we also heard many voices from people within our community who love the vintage experience of manual installation. We get it! After all, CD PROJEKT started by distributing games on CDs.

That’s why we’ve decided to explore something you’ve been asking us for since even before the original release — Cyberpunk 2077 on floppy diskettes!

Embrace the ritual of classic game installation using 97,619 3.5” diskettes. Make sure to invite friends over and schedule shifts, as our initial estimations indicate that it might take about 2 months of non-stop diskette-swapping to finish.

Sounds awesome, right? It sure does! Follow the link below to wishlist the Floppy Edition! Be prepared for a truck delivery though!

https://cp2077.ly/FloppyEdition

See you in Night City!

Last edited:
I have good memories of games on floppy disks. One of such games we had was really fun.

Do these disks function as save buttons in addition to containing the game itself, so that it's possible to save installation progress in case something goes wrong? :think:

Hey!!
Tbh this joke getting crazier for me 😅 i thought it was only 619 floppy disks then i knew it was a joke then read it's actually 97,000 disks 😂
Love yall

Logistics wise I am surprised the developers didn't consider the Zip drive which maxed out at 750MB. It was the last of the floppies & didn't have time to get popular before CD Rewritables and USB memory sticks offered lower cost per unit memory after 1999.

Needing maybe 140 Zip diskettes it would still give the retro feel without the insane logistics, and more robustly built than conventional 3.5" floppies where the metal slider is thin metal that's easy to distort after repeated use.

I should know using both types in school projects in the 1990s.

1711977076697.png

1711977044801.png

1711977023347.png

You joke, but I would totally get this as a collectible! I'm still disappointed North America didn't get a physical release of the Ultimate Edition on PC...
It was nice travelling down memory lane by looking up the ZIP drive. Anything seemed possible back in 1998...

Last edited:
Would actually be cool to have a low-bit map of the city (something that fits on one disk). Maybe with a few easter eggs or special side quests?

Everybody knows that those 3.5 "floppy" disks are just pretenders. A company with real integrity would release a floppy edition on a set of 5.25.

Logistics wise I am surprised the developers didn't consider the Zip drive which maxed out at 750MB. It was the last of the floppies & didn't have time to get popular before CD Rewritables and USB memory sticks offered lower cost per unit memory after 1999.

Needing maybe 140 Zip diskettes it would still give the retro feel without the insane logistics, and more robustly built than conventional 3.5" floppies where the metal slider is thin metal that's easy to distort after repeated use.

I should know using both types in school projects in the 1990s.
Don't forget Jazz Drives.

Top Bottom