Is it just me, or is Yen... [Spoilers}

+
No, I must burn her in effigy.

jk

:D

Bruh, she was all like "oh I'm sooooo drunk right now teehee" and then "trips" over, falls into your arms, and tries to go in for the kiss. You can even see how disappointed she is if you don't go for it.

Considering how CDPR had told this story up to this point it would not have made much sense were she pretending to be drunk only to get closer to him. In this story it would be out of characters even though in previous games it would not be.

Obviously in this story she wants to be a better person, she still loves Geralt but she's trying to be a friend. Of course there are hopes involved but she's trying to get over that as much as she can. He was her first true love - at least she said something like that at one point in the game. It's not an easy situation. Emotions can break through when spending a lot time together in this situation.

But it doesn't matter how drunk she is or pretends to be since geralt is not. He should be in control of his actions and she did nothing to change that. And it's understandable she'd feel disappointed when he doesn't kiss her. If there's still love why would she not secretly hope for more? And why would she not respond disappointed if those hopes seem crushed? All that matters is that in the end she's understanding. Plus the fact is that when the need arises she's going to help Yen and Geralt no matter what and stay out of their relationship and seems perfectly Well with all that happens ;-)

Anyhow I like both characters in the third games - Yen and Triss.

Last edited:
What I will write is probably obvious in this situation.

In a story where a player can feel immersed, he will probably "love" the character he would likely feel attracted the most in a real situation. Regardless if it is by the physical traits or the behavior associated to it by the developers, or both. The player will eventually develop his own story with that character, and will exalt the flaws of others to make him feel better with his choice.

Its a situation where someone may choose between two persons he can love, but to choose one he needs a self-explanation as to why he did not pick the other, and to that he will resort to associate that character to a superficial trait he does not like, or even elaborating reasons that only exists in his head.

Its immersion, a personal choice the player accepted for himself. There will be people who loves Triss, who loves Yen, who loves both, who would love Philippa with a whip, those who does not care about game relationships, those who hates everyone and would love to see everyone dieing, and so on...

Its their perspectives, their way to attach themselves to the story and keep themselves entertained by it. Sometimes they will come to the forums and share their feelings, eventually they will find other people with similar perceptions and change ideas between themselves, and sometimes they will absorb different perceptions they did not thought before.

But there is really no need to refrain itself to the point of saying "I've made several posts... but nobody really listens...". Forums are for discussion, and everyone should be welcome, regardless of their position towards certain characters, as long as the discussions do not tend to aggressiveness it can be entertaining.

Thanks for your psychoanalysis (projection, you talk as if you are a neutral observer but you are not), but my opinion was formed based on the events in the game and books, and it is not the case that my interpretation of events was formed by my need to like a specific video game character. Also, any great book and RPG makes you feel attached to the characters in there, as you probably know by personal experience, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Obviously in this story she wants to be a better person, she still loves Geralt but she's trying to be a friend. Of course there are hopes involved but she's trying to get over that as much as she can. He was her first true love - at least she said something like that at one point in the game. It's not an easy situation. Emotions can break through when spending a lot time together in this situation.
unless you provide quote from the game. I don't remember her saying something even close to "first true love" in game. It's not easy sityation because she knows he was looking for Yennefer. And Yennefer is her best friend. So it's enough for her to been very cautious in her desire. Either she will hurt herself for hoping for more that friendship or she will hurt Yennefer stealing Geralt :\ it's no win situation. If you will put herself in Triss situation you can see how complicated it is. And I think she really was a bit too drunk and was acting too careless. And that's why she is apologize to you even if don't kiss her. It's shame Triss fans don't see this situation as deep as other people. All they want is a sex scene after a kiss :( because Yennefer got 2 scenes and Triss only 1. But I think this scene is amazing because it shows so much about Triss character her motives and her fears. She tries to think not only about her and Geralt but about Geralt and Yennefer because she don't know what is between them and both Geralt and Yennefer are very close friends of her. So she tries don't force herself over him untill he will meet Yennefer and resolve this triangle. And also that is why she stays with you only Geralt say I love you. After we learned that other option was a bug. It makes perfect sense. Also it makes sense that she will try not to show their relationship to everyone as she know this will hurt Yennefer.

---------- Updated at 11:57 AM ----------

On the other side Yennefer will act differently for sure. She will try to show everyone that Geralt is her :) lol. She did it in the books and has similar scene in the game when she kiss him in front of Triss. It's strange that she will did it even if you don't romance her 0_o. But if you do - this kiss is perfect catch of her character.

@ajenhb
Triss basically thinks how she has never felt like this before meeting Geralt, witnessing his love with Yennefer and then being with him.

This alludes to her not really having had felt strong emotions for someone (of this kind that is) before.

Triss basically thinks how she has never felt like this before meeting Geralt, witnessing his love with Yennefer and then being with him.

This alludes to her not really having had felt strong emotions for someone (of this kind that is) before.
it's her thoughts from the books. But I don't think she tells something similar in the game. Though I might be wrong. Haven't played W2 and W1 for quite a while. So if it's from the books you can't count on this because books are non canon for Triss fans. For them there is only Triss from the games. It's sad but we can't do nothing with this.

it's her thoughts from the books. But I don't think she tells something similar in the game. Though I might be wrong. Haven't played W2 and W1 for quite a while. So if it's from the books you can't count on this because books are non canon for Triss fans. For them there is only Triss from the games. It's sad but we can't do nothing with this.

Why would the books not be canon?

I have had this battle before, but for me, the games accept the books as canon (more or less, which annoys my OCPD).

Well, mostly because Geralt isn't in love with Triss there and never was. And many hardoce Yennefer fans use this against Triss fans. So the last says that books are non canon. Geralt had amnesia in the games and he is now new and you can't reference to books anymore. It's a very simplified but I guess you can understand. In fact it's a more complex issue but I don't want to write a wall of text.

I read the books before the games were a glimmer in CDPR's eyes...

But that is not what I would use here. The games follow the canon after an amnesia plot device.
Also Geralt always liked Triss. Just not love.

Well, mostly because Geralt isn't in love with Triss there and never was. And many hardoce Yennefer fans use this against Triss fans. So the last says that books are non canon. Geralt had amnesia in the games and he is now new and you can't reference to books anymore. It's a very simplified but I guess you can understand. In fact it's a more complex issue but I don't want to write a wall of text.
I see that your canon is Geralt and Yen are together, but you should respect other people's choice. Yep the game follow the end of the book and to me everything in the book is canon. But why i choose Triss, simple, i see the relationship between her and Geralt is the best i ever see in game

Redemyr explain it very good in one of his post (in Triss topic), if you want i will post it here

And please, not another post about all Triss fan is just mindless people who dismiss everything in the book. Thank you

But why i choose Triss, simple, i see the relationship between her and Geralt is the best i ever see in game
relationship based on deception and manipulation. Well, if you like them it's your choice I have nothing against this. I was telling Charcharo why most of Triss fans don't accept books as canon. It's my opinion. Try to respect it or prove me wrong. I'm always open for discussion unlike people in other threads.

Isn't the garden is freaking useless anyway??? Yes its a sacred land but there is an immortal werewolf in that garden.

Also the one thing that is quite despicable Yennefer done in the game is getting the mask of uroboros which causes catastrophe in Skellige. Yes we could count the Necromancy quite evil but thanks to that Skjall regain his honor. Instead making his corpse rot away and be called as a traitor for his people. Yes Ciri and Geralt did the proper burial.

Also most of Yennefer action benefits Geralt and Ciri more and she is willing to be called a bitch and evil just to save her love ones. Compared to Triss who benefited more w/ her relation w/ Geralt.

I'm afraid the only thing that benefits more for her relationship with Geralt is kiss at fountain. She is willing to give her necklace to landlords. She is willing to endure pain in order to get info about Dandelion. And she is willing to go to Kovir with the rest of mages in order to Geralt and Yennefer love. I think both Yennefer and Triss are not selfish. Both are trying to help Geralt in his search for Ciri. It's just Yennefer ask you to help her with Gjin and Triss ask you to help her with mages.

Too much people here who has not read the books and saying Yen is a bitch! Man it's hard to explain nor express a literature built through 7 books. It's obvious Triss is this cheerful, romantic lady who is awesome to be with, it's kind of the person who 'I' personally would enjoy having a fling with, but Geralt really just falls in love with this mysterious sorceress, who has her own flaws and trying to hide her insecurities behind a mask because she promised herself never to be weak and looked down upon again by being a sorceress (she used to be ugly and a hunchback, gets beaten by her parents and lot of more backstory in the books). She's also the one who trained Ciri and technically became her mom for Ciri's whole childhood. Geralt is one which sees the loving side which is always hidden in Yennefer, which strikes a parallel to how Witchers are always said to have no emotion, gold digging bounty hunters. Geralt pretty much also like the excitement because Yen knows what she wants, she's aggressive. (Hey I mean some men like that...allegedly me included..extra points when a girl knows what she wants and be straightforward.) Where as most of the time Geralt really 'babysits' his sexual partners if put bluntly (Iola, Triss, Fringilla), where it seems he never really cared about them after the physical relationship. The most weird part about Triss that is not portrayed in the games, is really she's like some chick who has a crush on a senior in highschool. In the books, when she was in Kaer Morhen, she pretty much dreams and thinks about sharing the same bed with Geralt when she's sleeping in a separate room. Yennefer is rude and arrogant but if anyone who has read the books in detail will understand why she is only putting this image out and really how selfless she could be when her loved ones are in need. People say they don't get why some people prefer Yen well it's really only if you read the whole saga a few times and had experience on why a love/hate relationship is always the more captivating one that you seem to miss.

Top Bottom