Kambi

+
Kambi

I'd give Hemdall more strength (don't know how much but right now it seems too easy to make it work) but add the option to play Kambi on your own side as loyal unit, where of course it doesn't trigger the effect but gets buffed to let's say 12 strength.The initial problem with Kambi IMO seems to be that either it works and you win, or the opponent has D-Shackles/D-Bomb and your screwed. A change like that would add a bit more flexibility and If you already know it's going to be tricky to make Kambi work against a certain opponent you just play the loyal version and get some value from it.

devivre;n8943740 said:
...The initial problem with Kambi IMO seems to be that either it works and you win, or the opponent has D-Shackles/D-Bomb and your screwed...

Do you know how many cards are out there that you can say the same about?

partci;n8944060 said:
Do you know how many cards are out there that you can say the same about?

I don't see many cards that are as extreme.

P.S.: the main reason for my suggestion is that CDPR obviously is holding on to this card, buffing it as much as possible so more people play it.
But other than making the card unbalanced like it is now, I'd rather see it become more versatile (or reworked...).

Last edited:
partci;n8944470 said:
Tiborg and Kayran, for an example?

Not really the same... not even close - even if you d-shackled those cards, you'll still have 8 strength.
Kayran is more tricky to play but even here your deck usually isn't built around this card, like often is the case with Kambi.

devivre;n8944560 said:
Not really the same... not even close - even if you d-shackled those cards, you'll still have 8 strength.
Kayran is more tricky to play but even here your deck usually isn't built around this card, like often is the case with Kambi.

not even shackles, Dbomb would leave a 8 point body, d shackles would still leave a 23+ body behind

shroudb;n8944650 said:
not even shackles, Dbomb would leave a 8 point body, d shackles would still leave a 23+ body behind

Right, I meant d-bomb but confused it :).

Kambi is OP. It needs to be reworked somehow.

But from the other point of view, its ok, because I win everytime sGAYllige uses it ))))

Khambi is fine. If he weren't risky, he'd simply be OP and auto include in every SK deck.

How would you even think that giving him the option of being a high powered loyal body wouldn't simply make him too good, aka no reason not to use him?

He's amazing enough as it is in the right build. That's like asking for vilentrentenmerth to have the option of being played as a huge body that doesn't scorch, if you don't feel like it serves your needs. The whole idea behind cards like the two of them is that you need to plan your game for them to work, and build your deck so they actually work with it. Very very powerful effects, but only if used in the right builds and with the right build up. If they could also be used as a huge body instead, they'd simply be included in every deck where they could be. That'd just be bad design.

Skryba86;n8945610 said:
Khambi is fine. If he weren't risky, he'd simply be OP and auto include in every SK deck.

How would you even think that giving him the option of being a high powered loyal body wouldn't simply make him too good, aka no reason not to use him?

He's amazing enough as it is in the right build. That's like asking for vilentrentenmerth to have the option of being played as a huge body that doesn't scorch, if you don't feel like it serves your needs. The whole idea behind cards like the two of them is that you need to plan your game for them to work, and build your deck so they actually work with it. Very very powerful effects, but only if used in the right builds and with the right build up. If they could also be used as a huge body instead, they'd simply be included in every deck where they could be. That'd just be bad design.

Again from my point of view there are only two options: either make it more versatile but nerf it, or redesign it, because right now the card is not healthy for the game.
And yes, sure, it's just my opinion and feel free to disagree :).

Top Bottom