Leg Cyberware rebalance.

+
Everybody picks reinforced tendons, & those that don't miss the double jump utility it's just too good when it comes to getting around so a couple of suggestions to rebalance the legs.

1. remove reinforced tendons and make double jump a perk in the tec tree you can unlock early on, at level 4. You need this perk to install leg cyberware & you automatically get double jump when you have this perk & some leg cyberware installed. Fortified, Jenkins , Leroy & Lynx retain their original stats.

or

2. give the other leg cyberware some extra verticality options, a suggestion would be that sprinting toward a wall you scuttle up it like a spider (if you have mantis blades installed maybe add an animation where your blades are used as climbing picks) for 3 or 4 steps like actual parkour uses momentum & at the end can perform a jump to mantle or pressing jump & releasing up you push off the wall & jump in the opposite direction. Could allow for some cool new manoeuvrability options.

Yeah dbl jump overshadows any alternative leg cyberware because it’s just to handy…

making it a perk would be cool indeed +1 all the way : /

Probably. I like being able to change directions mid air which isn't super useful and isn't as high as fortified legs, but I also don't have to wait for a charge. I know someone is gonna say the charge isn't very long, but I'm impatient and wanna jump on the fly. I've also had fun parkouring up the sides of buildings due to my ability to change directions.

The perk idea sounds cool unless they put it behind a high reflex stat, in which case I hate it.

I must be the only person playing this game who prefers charged jump (fortified ankles) over double jump...
na you are not the only one by far.... a lot of people used/are using charge jump as well to explore the map or get back to places which are usually not intended to be revisit. one of them f.e. is konpeki plaza but there are much more... tho most of the people i heard of which are using charge jump do it for that reason and not for actually playing the games missions. - dbl jump is more flexible in movement or battle situation tho ^^

I'd go for a Tech perk to get a second leg cyberware slot similar to the one that gives a second hand cyberware slot.

I have 2 legs, why not 2 leg cyberwares? :cool:

For future titles, having more verticality available besides charge jump/double jump would be nice. Things like wall running, grappling hooks, wall jumping.

P.s. PUT SOME INERTIAL DAMPENERS IN OUR LEG CYBERWARE DARN IT. I recall trying to charge jump off a building and using the ground slam from the Body perk to super hero landing all over someone's face... Imagine how sad I was when all this did was result in my own demise due to fall damage...

Yeah they reduced the armor on the reinforced tendons like that was supposed to influence our decision. They could make it give an armor penalty and I'd still be using them. They should have implemented the old hover legs as an iconic version of the charge jump. Modders got wall hanging working too so it's not like CDPR couldn't have done it with the Lynx Paws. They just aren't cool like that sometimes.

Anyway that said, once you are done exploring the strong builds if you are still interested in playing you might try limiting yourself and forcing suboptimal choices. I'm gonna be doing a no dash, no double jump run next and probably take the WoW meme legs.

Modders got wall hanging working too so it's not like CDPR couldn't have done it with the Lynx Paws. They just aren't cool like that sometimes.
especially if it was one of their own visions back in the days with mantis blades.... but than "we skipped it because it didnt worked" - eh? didnt work uha... yeah sure...
Post automatically merged:

Anyway that said, once you are done exploring the strong builds if you are still interested in playing you might try limiting yourself and forcing suboptimal choices. I'm gonna be doing a no dash, no double jump run next and probably take the WoW meme legs.
It’s actually fun yeah - I played a Hitman Build with Lynx as well in 1.6X - without an Operation System or any other Cyberware with immortal skills ending up as a girl with a silenced handgun only :p

the first time I played Aguilar in PL throws me back to that time and reminded me how fun it was :)

Last edited:
I don't understand what is the issue, it's not like everybody is using the same sandevistian Apogee and ignores the rest.

Is there anybody using mechatronic core? Yeah, exactly, there is much better cyberware. Everybody can use these legs only and it is fine in my opinion, if you want, you can use the other one.

I don't understand what is the issue, it's not like everybody is using the same sandevistian Apogee and ignores the rest.
The comparison kinda lacks since all Apogees work the same it’s logical to use the best one with the longest duration and shortest cooldown while the legs have different functions where you have to make a choice to get one advantage over another ^^

Is there anybody using mechatronic core? Yeah, exactly, there is much better cyberware. Everybody can use these legs only and it is fine in my opinion, if you want, you can use the other one.
My build is using a mechatronic core right now... It's usually not necessary true, but it's cheap on capacity and it carries 3 random stats like every other piece. Tygerclaw tattoo is also in my build though I don't use smart weapons. It's 0 capacity cost for 3 more stats. I have 90% melee damage from cyberware right now.

I'm doing a sandy monowire run, my monowire was absurdly destructive against the Chimera by hitting multiple weakpoints at once and as long as everything was working properly I'm sure the mechatronic core was a factor in that. Was my fastest time so far.
Post automatically merged:

The comparison kinda lacks since all Apogees work the same it’s logical to use the best one with the longest duration and shortest cooldown while the legs have different functions where you have to make a choice to get one advantage over another ^^
The QianT or the Zetatech might have a place in optimizing for bullet deflections, I plan to do a run like that. You don't want the enemy rate of fire to slow any more than it has to.

Okay, I can give an example of frontal cortex cyberware picks. There is the best legs cyberware and everybody uses it. Making it into the perk would not change anything, because charged jump is worse than double one, especially when combined with air dash. All the others lose in movement speed against air dash + double jump anyway, which is very fast, long and with 20 rfl costs 0 Stamina. So the only people who might profit from that change are the COOL guys, who use Lynx Paws (crouch dashing is quiet and very fast too:D), which means they get the best abilities without any trade-off. I don't think CDPR wanted that, considering Cyberware Capacity limit, that does not let you equip every best piece without trade-offs.

p.s. that is the reason there is only 1 OS slot and not 2, which would make a lot of people happy.

I agree.

Reinforced Tendons's double jump to me is an essential quality-of-life ability because of how much I love to explore the city, so even though something like Lynx Paws would be more up my alley since sneak everywhere, I simply can't use them EVER strictly because double-jump is double-jump.

If I could have double-jump via a perk, I'd actually for the first time ever try a different leg-cyberware.

I also absolutely love the idea of being able to scale walls and climb them vertically, it's unfortunate just how much untapped potential Cyberpunk has when it comes to certain things. Especially when this feature was even in the game's prelaunch previews, but eventually scrapped. A shame.

Reinforced Tendons's double jump to me is an essential quality-of-life ability because of how much I love to explore the city, so even though something like Lynx Paws would be more up my alley since sneak everywhere, I simply can't use them EVER strictly because double-jump is double-jump.
Honestly... There's not much need for double jump or charge jump really.

Anywhere you care to get to, can be achieved through alternate means (Usually some convenient ways to parkour up or simply a ladder)

My last playthrough I went with Jenkins' Tendons and later Leeroy Ligament System and I can count on one hand how many times I actually found myself needing extra jump height to access somewhere (And usually it was a case of me just wanting to cut a corner)

Meanwhile, I got to have the fun of Leeroy + Shinobi + Pyromania for a case of the zoomies. When you add in the Reflex perks to allow you to do things while sprinting and to reduce enemy accuracy the faster you go, it gets pretty silly.

That's all fine and dandy, but the places I care to get to and explore are not mission related ^^

Because one does not get to ride on top of a metro or admire the beautiful views in Night City from megabuilding rooftops or access inaccessible areas without a double-jump.

Top Bottom