[Mod Request] Better Trees

+
[Mod Request] Better Trees

Hey, I noticed some bad textures and meshes especially considering the big oaks. Is it possible to export the meshes and to smoothen them since they have some rough edges? Not all trees need an overhaul in my opinion but those landmark trees do. Textures should have top priority in my opinion.

Not possible. They are a proprietary SpeedTree format, which we would need a license for (crazy expensive) to edit them and the tool to export/import them from the game engine.

Here are some screenshots. I can live with the models, even though they are pretty rough, but the textures just don't look right to me.

God damn you CDPR for making such a beautiful game and not giving us tools to make it truly immortal :facepalm2: i hate you you lovely people

Last edited:
GregorWladacz;n8444120 said:
So it is not even possible to edit the textures? Unlucky....

The textures are possible, they can be edited just like any other object, but not the models themselves.

Maybe another request: Is it possible to change the blood puddles? The look like crap tbh. Flat, imo a little bit too bright, bad shape and no reflection. Is there a way to tweak this at least?

Yeah, Compilation covers some blood effects like spray, drops and puddles in the water as far as I know. But the blood puddle under dead bodies seems unchanged. Maybe I am wrong. I like the effects in combat, ramccoid did a great job, but the puddles are ugly af imo.

I remember that I suggested this back in Compilation, but no one reacted...

Uncook the files, search for the texture, edit the texture with e.g. gimp, cook the mod: done

ik harder to do than sayed but you can edit it to your liking and make is exactly how you want it to be

Yeah there are definitely things that still need work. If Ramccoid ever returns maybe he can pick up where he left!

Hey @K4rx20 the last time I edited textures was when Gopher's tutorial was still relevant, I've been busy with work and had to step away from gaming in general for a while but I want to get back into it. Have there been any quality of life tools or anything that you use that make it easier to make edits specifically to textures but really anything you feel is worth mentioning?

Btw don't feel obligated to respond to my latest Touissant feedback because we're never gonna get anything done if we keep those long back and fourths up lol

Yeah, that's very interesting. Is there any new and easier way to edit textures? I watched a tutorial by gopher and it seems pretty complicated with all those batchfiles and whatnot. At least for me, because I have no clue of all these things.

MrMoonshoes Im not really into editing textures but the basics are still the same. There are a few tools that help you to uncook the files like Modkitchen for example. Thats the most complicated step in the progress.. atleast in my opinion. In the end your skills in editing textures is what counts. Uncooking and cooking is complicated but either it works or it doesn't :D But there are definitely people on this forum who know more about that than me
Yea sorry trying to get some things done atm

Ok, so I tried my best to edit some textures, but they seem to not appear ingame. I don't even know where these textures are.. I colored them white to see where they are applied ingame, but they are nowhere. I guess I suck hard at modding :/ I'll just leave it be and wait for somebody more skilled.

Top Bottom