Mysterious Achievement?

+
Mysterious Achievement?

did anybody else notice the mysterious achievement? seems like 0% of the population has achieved it.

Is it just a placeholder for some future Steam event?

Last time this happened, Steam users got access to the "Summer's Crown" achievement shortly after the mysterious achievement appeared. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it was something similar.

Another Steam exclusive?

Guys, you've got your own, awesome digital distribution service, stop pandering to the Valve slaves :/

Kodaemon said:
Another Steam exclusive?

Guys, you've got your own, awesome digital distribution service, stop pandering to the Valve slaves :/
Nobody said the content is Steam-exclusive (...yet). Maybe it has something to do with TW2 for Mac?

Kodaemon said:
Another Steam exclusive?

Valve are slaves? They are actually the most customer friendly and last real big independent developer in the world. Yes, even more than CDPR.

DonSwingKing said:
Valve are slaves? They are actually the most customer friendly and last real big independent developer in the world. Yes, even more than CDPR.

Them's fightin' words in these parts.

DonSwingKing said:
I think he meant slavers

Anyway, I wouldnt call paying for games you dont even own a "customer friendly" service.

Aver

Forum veteran
DonSwingKing said:

Yeah especially customer friendly is "We are changing our policy, from now on you don't own those games, you own only subscription.
What? You don't agree. Then we have to ban your account.
What? You say that changes to agreement don't work backward and it's illegal? Well, our army of lawyers are more than happy to argue with you about that in the court."

Plus DRM, a mandatory PITA client, and customer service is far easier with GoG. I just send them an e-mail and someone responds. Or easier yet, post in the forums and many times a GOG rep will post. I'll give Valve credit for a number of other things like their cheap prices and innovative business, but they aren't on CDPR's level. I agree with Kodaemon, I wish these things were done through GoG.

slimgrin said:
Plus DRM, a mandatory and PITA client, and customer service is far easier with GoG. I just send them an e-mail and someone responds. Or easier yet, post in the forums and many times a GOG rep will post. I'll give Valve credit for a number of other things like their cheap prices and innovative business, but they aren't on CDPR's level. I agree with Kodaemon, I wish these things were done through GoG.

Unless GOG starts selling new AAA titles, they won't get on Valve level as far as market share is concerned(sad but true).

But then if GOG starts selling new games, I can already see all those "ZOMG it's not Good Old Games anymore WTF" lines.

gregski said:
But then if GOG starts selling new games, I can already see all those "ZOMG it's not Good Old Games anymore WTF" lines.

I can't for the life of me understand that concern, but yeah I've seen it on GOG.

Hmm thats true, It could be a halloween achievement.

However, there is a part of me that wishes it was in relation to Witcher 3, some ambiguous easter egg of some sort.

GOG already IS selling new AAA games, at least occasionally. TW2 obviously, the Alan Wake games, now the Project Eternity announcement, and of course Cyberpunk will be there too. They've already ditched the Good Old Games name. And we know CDP are planning something big regarding digital sales.

Aver said:
Yeah especially customer friendly is "We are changing our policy, from now on you don't own those games, you own only subscription.
What? You don't agree. Then we have to ban your account.
What? You say that changes to agreement don't work backward and it's illegal? Well, our army of lawyers are more than happy to argue with you about that in the court."

Have you ever read the Terms of Service of your retail games? Guess what, they say exactly the same. This is industry standard. You do not own the games you buy, no matter where. You do only buy a license to play them.

DonSwingKing said:
Have you ever read the Terms of Service of your retail games? Guess what, they say exactly the same. This is industry standard. You do not own the games you buy, no matter where. You do only buy a license to play them.
LOL they're more than welcome to come to my front door and try to take my physical copies. Unfortunately all Valve needs to do is flip a switch.

Kodaemon said:
Another Steam exclusive?

Achievements are part of the Steam service (the Steam client keeps track of them and posts them on the player's profile page). It's not actual in-game content so I don't see what the big deal is It's probably just for advertising purposes if Steam is planning to put the game on sale for Halloween or something like that.

Aver

Forum veteran
DonSwingKing said:

I'm not even talking about this subscription part but about "Agree with our new terms or you will lose all your games that are worth few hundreds dollars". They act like bandits.

Top Bottom