New Info?

+
Sirnaq said:
To tell the truth i thought that witcher 2 was oversaturated with armors that are obsolete the moment you get them or little after because you have very similar or better armor already.

I disagree. :p

I mean, I'm not saying TW2 did that aspect perfectly, but if there are armors that are very similar in an RPG, that's a good thing, in my opinion.

They can be similar in overall power, but maybe one armor will have better defense, where as another armor will have better vigor regeneration. Or perhaps 1 armor will have better resistance to poison, compared to a similar armor which has better resistance to incineration, etc.

Not to mention, each armor looks different.

So if you have different armors to choose from, that offers more choice to the player and that allows players to carve out more of their own personal style or way they want to play the game. It makes more of a unique experience for each individual player.

In my opinion, it's not as good an idea if every player wears the same set of armors as they progress through the game.

Sirnaq said:
To tell the truth i thought that witcher 2 was oversaturated with armors that are obsolete the moment you get them or little after because you have very similar or better armor already.

Couldn’t agree more - the usefulness of armours is of more importance to me than having a glut of different options that are of no real use at all. If CDPR can manage that, 30 sounds like a decent enough number to me.

Villentretanmerth said:
I disagree. :p/>/>

I mean, I'm not saying TW2 did that aspect perfectly, but if there are armors that are very similar in an RPG, that's a good thing, in my opinion.

They can be similar in overall power, but maybe one armor will have better defense, where as another armor will have better vigor regeneration. Or perhaps 1 armor will have better resistance to poison, compared to a similar armor which has better resistance to incineration, etc.

Not to mention, each armor looks different.

So if you have different armors to choose from, that offers more choice to the player and that allows players to carve out more of their own personal style or way they want to play the game. It makes more of a unique experience for each individual player.

In my opinion, it's not as good an idea if every player wears the same set of armors as they progress through the game. />/>

Agreed. There aren't enough armors in TW2 imo. Since Geralt isn't customizable obviously since he's a pre set character compared to a game like TES, as much customization we can get via other things, like weapons and armor is much appreciated.

I agree with both schools of thought, I liked about the first witcher and the early gothic games that getting a new piece of armor was a significant achievement, though on the other hand that meant that character progression was largely the same for each and every player.

That said, id prefer the second option of many different armor sets for TW3. While the TW1 was a largely linear game, TW3 is an open world game, with many different regions and cultures as such many different styles of equipment should be a must.

I think Dark Souls did it best in that regard, it had a huge amount of different armors each with their own styles, but with relatively samey stats (one plate armour has similiar stats to another, one magic robe has similiar stats to another, etc), but they were very different in the passive buffs they could give the player, making him really forced to experiment with different itemsets and carving out his own unique style. (whether youre a plate wearing mage, or a rune mail wearing thief)

Now of course in Witcher you play as Geralt, but the armor he wears in the trailers is already pretty unwitcher like, while im not advocating for him to wear fullplate, I think a large variety of different armours with more pronounced secondary buffs can only help in a nonlinear open world game.

Sirnaq said:

I disagree somewhat. The purpose of armor variety in TW2 is to complement different builds. ie; alchemy, magic and sword. Once you establish the type of build you have, you craft appropriate base armor, gloves and boots. In fact, some armors are randomly generated per play through. It is true some of them quickly become obsolete, but with such a vast gameworld, I'd expect this to be less of an issue in TW3. So I'd want them to continue down this route: having armor crafting contingent on your build type, and still giving Geralt the ability to mix and match armor pieces. Considering this, 30 does seems a bit sparse.

Don't wanna start a new thread for this because half of it is old info that we've known for months.

PhysX based destruction will play an important role in the game.

We’re working to make destructibility an important part of the game. We don’t want to add something just for the sake of technology, therefore we’re analyzing the many situations in which players will be able to interact with objects in the game world. Currently, we’re using a system for destructibility and cloth simulation which is based on NVIDIA PhysX, more specifically using APEX.

We’re doing everything we can to optimize in our own, although we are always in touch with NVIDIA to eventually reach the best possible performance.There are many factors that determine which effects are executed on PC without performance hassles, and the GPU is of course the primary one.
http://www.worldsfac...ysx-destruction

what if the 30 different armors are actually 30 different armor models cos most of the ones in the witcher 2 were just texture swaps of the same base model. sure there were exceptions here and there, but even they had some elements that could be found in others. I could be wrong though, but i hope i'm not.

would be awesome if all armors were unique.

sidspyker said:
...[*]Something special regarding additional weaponry which is a surprise for now...
Please be the cool chain from the TW1 intro, please be the cool chain from the TW1 intro, pleeeease

But oh my freaking gawd, the more I read, the more I want. Time is too slow!

I want to be able to import Raven's Armor if I managed to keep it throughout all of TW2. That would be nice.

Villentretanmerth said:
I'm confused by this 30 outfits? />

I assume they're talking about your clothes under your armor. But if that's the case, then you won't be able to see it anyway, right? :confused:/>

I don't get it.
outfits if you not wearing a armor or maybe this is only for NPCs

craniumj said:
what if the 30 different armors are actually 30 different armor models cos most of the ones in the witcher 2 were just texture swaps of the same base model. sure there were exceptions here and there, but even they had some elements that could be found in others. I could be wrong though, but i hope i'm not.

would be awesome if all armors were unique.

completely possible for there to be 30 complete armor sets if geralt can purchase regular militia or soldier armor from towns or camps. i'd prefer simple plates over hose and pourpoint over some fantasy contraption any day.

bigjohnson said:
When they say minigames to they mean in game world minigames or quicktime events? I really hope it's the first one.
Uhm? I'm not sure what you mean.

They already said there won't be any QTEs in TW3.

sidspyker said:
Just stumbled upon this on reddit.

Bullet points on new stuff:
  • Consequence and character variation based on previous choices.
  • New minigames.
  • ~30 outfits in TW3.
  • Horses have stats, can be trained, Geralt will talk to Roach.
  • Something special regarding additional weaponry which is a surprise for now.
  • Group finishers will not be cutscene-esque like TW2.

1. That would be terrific.
2. Don't care about mini-games at all, in TW2 all of them without exception sucked, unfortunately.
3. I hate the tedious "dress your doll" mini-game that was introduced into CRPGs... when you constantly search corpses to change your clothes instead of playing the game, and you have to do it to make your life easier. That's why TW1 always will be strictly superior for me in that aspect to TW2 or now TW3. TW1 did not have dressing bullshit and this is one of the reasons it's one of the best games of all time.
4. That's good on paper, we'll see if it will be designed and implemented in the interesting way. It can be good or bad feature depending on how it's done.
5. As long as it'll be balanced well I'm up for it.
6. Finally! Finishers were one of the features that went in the wrong direction in TW2 in comparison to TW1 along with alchemy and UI/UX design.

New inside studio video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2pD5KEn5r0

Only few interesting news. We will see about 40 detailed characters playing important role in story of TW3.
And little view at Cyberpunk office.

HumanHonor said:
New inside studio video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2pD5KEn5r0

Only few interesting news. We will see about 40 detailed characters playing important role in story of TW3.
And little view at Cyberpunk office.

Thank you for sharing, my friend. :)

About 40 detailed, important characters sounds pretty good to me.

Although I'm still wondering how they will populate the world of TW3 with content
and NPCs, because to me it seems fairly large and difficult to do.

I guess we'll have to wait for more info.

So can anyone clarify the translation? Is "outfits" the perfect translation, or is "armors" more appropriate? Perhaps "clothes" or "chestplate"?

Or, more importantly, is the word that they use here, the same as the word that is used when talking about changing your armor in TW2?

Basically, I'm trying to get a sense if they're referring to the entire armor, including boots, gloves etc, or just the chest piece, or are they referring to something not even armor?

Thanks

Villentretanmerth said:
So can anyone clarify the translation? Is "outfits" the perfect translation, or is "armors" more appropriate? Perhaps "clothes" or "chestplate"?

Or, more importantly, is the word that they use here, the same as the word that is used when talking about changing your armor in TW2?

Basically, I'm trying to get a sense if they're referring to the entire armor, including boots, gloves etc, or just the chest piece, or are they referring to something not even armor?

Thanks

In video they talked about "costumes". So that means а whole thing.

emperorzorn said:
Although I'm still wondering how they will populate the world of TW3 with content
and NPCs, because to me it seems fairly large and difficult to do.

It's very difficult, yes. But the funny thing is that you don't have to populate the area that large too much. They shouldn't overdo it. I always though that CRPGs are way too gamey when they make ALL the roads blocked with hoards of monsters in games. They should ask a question to themselves: "how do people live there if you cannot sniff without hitting a monsters or bandits outside of the small locations?"

Top Bottom