NG+ questions & game recommondations

+
NG+ questions & game recommondations

Hi

I have finished the entire game and am preparing for NG+ but I have some questions & would like to double check some things.

Bringing objects into NG+

1. Do objects like swords & armor have to be in Geralts inventory or can they stay in the 'stash' (storage chest) for starting NG+?
  2. Do alchemy stuff (herbs & alcohol, etc...) & 'build' objects (leather, metals, gems, etc...) carry over or should I just sell/use them?
  3. Glpyhs & runes: carry over or should I just sell/use them?
  4. Monster trophies, books, gwent cards & quest items all don't carry over right? So sell what I can...?
  5. Do dyes carry over?
  6. Do bombs, oils & decoctions carry over?
  7. Do mutagens carry over? Keep or sell?
  8. Anything that can carry over that I haven't mentioned?
  9. Should I let armors/swords made? I have all mastercrafted witcher sets...
  10. Is there anything you would recommend I should buy/find/do before starting NG+?
  11. Is starting with as many gold as possibly recommended or do I spend some on runes for my lesser used witcher sets while I can? (I'm a fan of arrow deflection & the whirl ones)

Game recommondations

Basically I'm hoping someone can give me a good
game recommendation for life after The Witcher.(ugh)
I'm pretty all-round in style, willing to try anything... Can't use the L3 & R3 buttons though so I have look out for games where they're not often used or can be switched out, I sacrificed my upper arrow food slot in the witcher so I could call Roach...
I own & enjoyed The Last of Us, Tomb Raider (thinking about buying the new one), Far Cry 4. Disliked Watch Dogs and Lord of the Fallen can't quite keep my attention for some reason, it just feels a bit sluggish I guess.
I keep hearing Skyrim everywhere but I've never played any of the previous ones...?
Tried the Uncharted demo (but wasn't convinced although it's probably just a bad demo) and also the demo for the latest Final Fantasy (because the fox was just sooo cute)
but again I've never played any of the previous ones...
Currently I'm about 55% through Far Cry Primal and I'm ready to look for a new
game; hopefully a little closer to Witcher standerds. Anything come to mind?

As far as i know, with the exception of the mission itens (monster trophies included) and gwent cards, everything goes on the new game +. Not sure about the enchantments.

Since you mentioned the Last of Us in your list, I'm going to give you one heads up in case you're playing TW3 on PS4. Keep one save slot filled with your end of NG save. When you get to the end of NG+, if you want to play again you wont be able to start over again using a NG+ save file - there is no NG++. So keep one NG save.

Like others said, most items carry over, but not crafting schematics, quest specific items, keys and gwent cards. All of your gear and alchemy formulae are retained.

Regarding other games: Remastered Uncharted Series + Uncharted 4 would be very good. The Mass Effect Trilogy is great (if you still have a last gen console or PC). DA:I was pretty good but not great. Don't worry about never playing prior FF games, they're all pretty much a self-contained story. Skyrim is not my favorite (although I played it a lot when it first came out). Fall Out 4 was decent if you like post apocalyptic settings and don't mind a lot of side quests.

Last edited:
What carries over (either via inventory or stash):
- Weapons and armour (even those that have the runewords on them)
- Potions, bombs, decoctions
- alchemy stuff like drowner brains, herbs, plants etc.
- crafting stuff like iron, silver
- alchemy recipes
- dyes
- money

What does NOT carry over:
- most mutagens
- the mutagengenerator you receive from Regis
- quest items such as the elven sword and shield from Extreme Cosplay - a bit weird because you get to keep Iris and Aerondight which are quest items as well
- trophies
- schematics for weapons and armour
- books, letters, maps

I found NG+ a bit annoying after a while because it's pretty hard - I'm playing on "Story and Sword", Geralt is now lvl 62 (started NG+ with lvl 53) but still he keeps dying. Since I don't feel any pressure to play the game (finished it once already, including the DLCs), I decided to pause for a while. That's when I started to play the new Tomb Raider (first one in the reboot series) which turned out to be pretty gritty and not what I was looking for so I put that aside as well. Currently, I'm playing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 - The Sith Lords which is a lot of fun because it's a more "classical" approach to roleplaying - you get to choose your character, you end up with lots of party members that you can pick according to your current situation. Leveling up is pretty fast because you get XP for virtually everything you do or say. Plus, you can choose whether you want to be good (light side of the Force) or bad (dark side of the Force) which is a lot of fun :)

Ok so basically:

1. My items are safe in the stash & carry over
  2. Books, monster trophies & mutagens can/should be sold
  3. Enchantments stay & keep working
  4. Check if I still want to craft things

• Thanks for the heads up Rawls, I do play on PS4!

I'm going to try putting my saves USB or something... Should have already made a back-up ages ago to be honest.
I also have a brand new external harddrive collecting dust in my desk; the original one of my laptop actually (I had it switched out for a SSD) but I don't know if I can use it since it's formatted for Windows 7...
Any idea?

• The mutagengenerator from Regis
Does anyone ever use it? Also strange decision to not make it carry over, you get at the very end. Why would you still need it at that point? If it carried over you have a entire game to potentially use it. Seems a bit a wasted time...

• Game recommendations
Thank you all, I will check those out! All recommendations are always welcome!

Any idea?

I play on Xbox so, that I don't know. :/

Does anyone ever use it? Also strange decision to not make it carry over, you get at the very end. Why would you still need it at that point? If it carried over you have a entire game to potentially use it. Seems a bit a wasted time...

It is usefull. Even more if you makes another travel through Toussaint, looking for some missed quest and have few Great Mutagens for the last mutations. It helped me with the Red ones.

s starting with as many gold as possibly recommended or do I spend some on runes for my lesser used witcher sets while I can? (I'm a fan of arrow deflection & the whirl ones)

More gold the better, but since the itens you will find at NG+ are from a greater level, they will also be selled at a higher price. For one side it is good because you gain more money easy, for other the merchant's money ends more quickly, so keep it in mind to not having to use the chest everytime.

Top Bottom