NPCs missing scabbards

+
Hi,

Been playing Witcher 3 Next Gen for a while now (on PC, Steam), and I've noticed that a lot of NPCs don't have scabbards. I'm a bit surprised that CDPR didn't include the mod that gives all NPCs scabbards, although that mod is old now and not compatible with W3 v4.0.

Any hope of adding NPC scabbards? It doesn't look right, with NPCs walking around with only the sword at their side.

Also, I have noticed that there are naked men walking around in their boxer shorts, in the middle of cities like Oxenfurt etc. This has to be a bug.

Otherwise, been greatly enjoying playing Witcher 3 again. Hopefully CDPR will fix the various issues that sitll remain.

The scabbard thing is weird because in my game they all do. I used to run with the scabbards mod which I agree was basically essential, however i uninstalled it and did a fresh install of the game for the next gen update which led me to believe that they did give all npcs scabbards for the next gen version without needing a mod.

I've seen some of the male npcs walking around in boxers, and really from what I can tell, it's on purpose and is mostly applied to thug liek sailor characters with lots of tattoos etc.

That's weird. I made a clean install of version 4.0, and didn't notice the scabbard issue at first. Then there were cutscenes with people without scabbards, and it become very noticeable. It's also obvious in Oxenfurt, with certain types of NPCs like redanian guards. Do you still see all NPCs (including redanian guards and NPCs with bow and arrow) using scabbards?

I tried installing the All Scabbards mod for v1.22, and it kinda works. There's a lot of clipping with the scabbards into clothing, and other objects like bow and arrow etc., so it doesn't look great - if you look closer. I only tested a short while, so there might be crashes and instability over time.

A proper official addition of scabbards (without all the texture/model clipping) would be a big improvement for the game. It's one of those "smaller" details that really matter, for the overall immersion and visual quality of the game IMO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom