One update to position them all — positioning update now available!

+
Burza46;n8179830 said:
We’ve got more premium animated versions of cards in the works, with the plan being for every card in the game to have its own animated variant. We’ll definitely be hiding some easter eggs in there, so make sure to be on the lookout for these once they’re in the game.

]Card abilities and descriptions will be getting a revamp as well, so that they’re more intuitive. A big part of this will be standardizing how certain cards work and behave after being played, resulting in simpler and more reliable ability priorities.

I'm not sure every card should have a premium version, maybe every epic and legendary, but I really don't think we need a premium trebuchet or something.

"Standardizing". "Simpler". Worrying terms for a card game that should really push for more complicated mechanics, and for more variety. I'm already kind of thinking that this patch should be reversed, as everything seems to be changed to a "deal damage to non-gold" card. I don't want more patches like it.

I adore you CD Projekt RED but.. You've ruined Filippa and Radowid. It would be great if you could bring back their previous abilities.

pthieu1986;n8198920 said:
2. This new patch is far too favorable to the Northern Kingdom since they have a bunch of ways to have card advantages: Ciri, Stennis and now Phillipa.

Phillipa doesn't provide CA, and every deck has access to Ciri and a spy.

I'm loving the new patch so far, the huge buff to the Monster passive + Vran Warrior has been a huge help in making up for the fact that Nekkers are no longer breedable. Just slap down the Vran and eat Nekkers without worrying about them staying between rounds. Doubt it will still be top tier, but it sure as hell is still fun.

Last edited:
One of the nice things about this game was that I could just play it against a real human, non-AI, but not actually have to "know what they're thinking" and be taunted for my newb mistakes. Or not have to remember to mute them every game, or just mute them at all if they're decent, normal people. So thanks for ruining that.

Last edited:
In my game EVERY card is shown pixelated since the patch :( I've un- and reinstalled it twice, restarted my computer in between but it stays the same. I hope you will release a hotfix for this. But overall I really like the changes you've made, especially weakening some of the monster fractions' abilities like with the Nekkers and by making the 'blue sky' weather card stronger again (I don't know the actual english name for it).

I also like the chat system you integrated but if its up to me there could be a few more options of what to say. Every option that's available to choose now, could get some extra options that pop up once you go over the message with the cursor.

But what I realized since the patch is that many many players are using the Nilfgaardian Empire now.
As Nilfgaard you now only have to

- Spawn Impera Brigade on your side
- Then spawn an Emissary on the opponents side which makes Impera stronger AND lets you choose from two bronze units
- Destroy Emissary with Nauzicaa Brigade which also gets stronger by that (if you're lucky you even spawned Nauzicaa Brigade BY spawing Emissary)
- Then respawn Emissary with the help of Vicovaro-Doctor which lets you choose from two bronze units AGAIN and makes Impera stronger AGAIN

Thats an unstoppable circle if you don't got the exactly right cards to counter this. An easy way to make that combo less powerful would be to make Emissary incurable or by weakening his ability or by removing the ability of Impera Brigade to get stronger EVERY TIME an Emissary spawns on the opponents side.
(Sorry for everyone that I made more people aware of that combo but I had to describe the problem lol)

Anyways, thanks for the great work, Gwent has become one of my favorite games to play and it doesn't seem to get old too soon ;))

No Title

Well, Henselt needs a balancing ASAP. He's the only remaining full-row effect which gives him a huge advantage, which I figured would happen even before the patch hit. Case in point:

The D-bomb barely had any effect, even though I hit the high value siege row. The fact that he could make the entire melee row gold is what gave him the win. If he converts 5 units only as any other multi-unit card, he'd be much more balanced.

Attachments

• photo122630.jpg
    photo122630.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 28
  • Henselt.jpg
    Henselt.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
nhk3;n8203540 said:
Well, Henselt needs a balancing ASAP. He's the only remaining full-row effect which gives him a huge advantage, which I figured would happen even before the patch hit. Case in point:

The D-bomb barely had any effect, even though I hit the high value siege row. The fact that he could make the entire melee row gold is what gave him the win. If he converts 5 units only as any other multi-unit card, he'd be much more balanced.

I couldn't agree any more man! that northern realms gold card spamming BS is way too out of hand there are people dominating, cause how cheap that crap is, this makes the complete monster deck obsolete its nonsense! the demetrium bomb was the only way to clear one entire row of those gold cards against the northern realms now they can make all 3 rows completely gold and you cant do anything. On top of all that the commanders horn only levels 5 cards compltete BS!!!!

alizr3ik;n8203800 said:
ake all 3 rows completely gold and you cant do anything. On top of all that the commanders horn only levels 5 cards compltete BS!!!!
pthieu1986;n8198920 said:
2. This new patch is far too favorable to the Northern Kingdom since they have a bunch of ways to have card advantages: Ciri, Stennis and now Phillipa. What is more, Radovid, omg, his ability of locking 3 units absolutely gives no chance to the monsters' weather deck. I am happy that Pavetta is nerfed though since she was really annoying. 3. The Monsters' Deck now are nerfed considerably, some gold cards' effects do not reflect their cost reasonable anymore: ragh nar roog (neutral), draug, imlerith.

Yeah that Northern Realms BS is way too out of hand. To be honest this update has made everything garbage I wouldn't be even on forum if it wasn't that bad but Im honestly never going to play this game again if they dont fix this crap seriously. The monster deck is complete Garbage now this update has throw everything out of balance. The northern deck has the ability to turn all three rows gold and you cant do anything about it, the Demetrium Bomb only levels down 5 cards, the commander horn only levels up 5 cards! the Stammelfords Tremors card only takes a way a cap of 12 points! what is this crap seriously the entire game is thrown off of balance

ElectroBlade;n8201640 said:
Phillipa doesn't provide CA, and every deck has access to Ciri and a spy.

I'm loving the new patch so far, the huge buff to the Monster passive + Vran Warrior has been a huge help in making up for the fact that Nekkers are no longer breedable. Just slap down the Vran and eat Nekkers without worrying about them staying between rounds. Doubt it will still be top tier, but it sure as hell is still fun.

Breeding neckers was the least problem all it took was a Yennfer card to destroy them all one by one, this update castrated the monster deck literally.

SkippyHole;n8200940 said:
I'm not sure every card should have a premium version, maybe every epic and legendary, but I really don't think we need a premium trebuchet or something.

"Standardizing". "Simpler". Worrying terms for a card game that should really push for more complicated mechanics, and for more variety. I'm already kind of thinking that this patch should be reversed, as everything seems to be changed to a "deal damage to non-gold" card. I don't want more patches like it.

I Couldn't Agree more Im honestly going to stop planning this game if they dont fix this update I went from playing this game 12 hours a day whether Im winning or losing to not wanting to play this game at all they've castrated everything and put a 12 point cap on just about everything its terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "I don't want more patches like it."

Ive had 2 troubles with patch (technical). First one - i had to completely reinstall Gwent to update for some reason. Second one is well - this. Premium cards went FUBAR.
premiumcardbug2.jpg

nhk3;n8203540 said:

Am I allowed to ask why u change "First Light" - "Clear Skies" back to effect the whole board and leave Hailstorm, Skellige Storm and White Frost in it's current iteration, which have been nerfed to get on par with nerfed "Clear Skies"?

Burza46;n8179830 said:
This changes with Taunts, short phrases that allow players to communicate by clicking on their avatar.
In my humble opinion, many of the occasional players will wrap their head around most of the changes. So did I. But after 2 matches against opponents who're constantly trying to disturb me, sending insults and snide remarks, I quit. Because that is definitely not a style of playing I like. And I'm not willing to make myself a subject for stranger's harassments. It is something completely different in f2f games, but this, sorry, for me that doesn't work out.

Greenspindle;n8205750 said:
In my humble opinion, many of the occasional players will wrap their head around most of the changes. So did I. But after 2 matches against opponents who're constantly trying to disturb me, sending insults and snide remarks, I quit. Because that is definitely not a style of playing I like. And I'm not willing to make myself a subject for stranger's harassments. It is something completely different in f2f games, but this, sorry, for me that doesn't work out.

Yeah, played 1 match and im out. This is bad. A moderated chat with mute and report function would be useful. But taunts are promoting bad behavior. CDPR sanctions bad behavior now. Very sad to see this game go down like this.

Pastabolicles;n8203040 said:
One of the nice things about this game was that I could just play it against a real human, non-AI, but not actually have to "know what they're thinking" and be taunted for my newb mistakes. Or not have to remember to mute them every game, or just mute them at all if they're decent, normal people. So thanks for ruining that.

We would be better off with a chat and just mute and report rude people. But no, CDPR went the other way and lets people talk smack to us over and over. Not the kind of game i want to play.

Yeah, why have all cards premium? Makes no sense...CDPR messed the game up now. The taunts tho are the worst. Also, Radovid no longer deals damage? Not fun to play this game at all. Close to uninstalling to be honest. I hope they do right with Cyberpunk 2077 and i hope the Witcher series wasnt a fluke but that CDPR is actually good at making games.

I totally agree! I pretty much liked the patch when it comes to nerfing the Monster faction and stuff like that. But if following patches will really lead to a "simpler" gameplay, it would be a huge downgrade. Especially because people who like playing card games like these and invest money in it are people like us who like strategic and complex gameplay. Thats the only thing that makes sense when it comes to this genre if you ask me... People who like simple and reduced gameplay wouldn't play games like Gwent one way or the other so I hope that was just a bad explanation...

Greenspindle;n8205750 said:
But after 2 matches against opponents who're constantly trying to disturb me, sending insults and snide remarks, I quit.

1) A lot of other CCG also have an emote system. This isn't a good argument for Gwent, to follow the mainstream. I'm just pointing out it's a normal thing.
2) I really haven't had any emote spam. I actually rarely had any emotes at all, except for the occasional GG or thanks.
3) You can mute the opponent. And I guess CDPR will implement a global mute option soon.

In conclusion: please be patient and may you have more luck next time.

SarahAustin;n8206750 said:
Yeah, played 1 match and im out. This is bad. A moderated chat with mute and report function would be useful. But taunts are promoting bad behavior. CDPR sanctions bad behavior now. Very sad to see this game go down like this.

1) It's impossible to implement an automated moderated chat. You can also annoy people without using swear words.
2) No CCG (that I know off) has chat function and for good reasons.
3) It's a tactical game. People would want to focus on the game, not on what the opponent is saying.
4) Also there is little time to chat considering the time restrain on turns.
5) I don't like the chat to be filled with non-English language.
6) If you want to chat, invite friends and chat via GOG Galaxy.

In conclusion: there is no place for chit-chat during matches.

Alternate suggestion: Have a quick button after the match to invite the last played opponent to:
1) A rematch
2) A friendly chat (discussing the last match)
3) Becoming friends

Stuff like that...

Top Bottom