Option to select the patch you want to play in

+
Just wanted to still be able to enjoy the game both in it's newer form
and still be able to boot up my legacy saves and play them as they were
Instead of having them all get forcebly updated to the latest version
It is a single player game after all. A patch selector on the main menu only seems logical
Maybe I don't know the technical and devolepmental side of things on this but...
I'm pretty sure this has ben done in the past for other games, and it'd be nice to know
that I'm not the only one that feels this way anyways.
Thank you for the time you took out of your day to read this.

P.s I've no clue if this was meant to be in this thread gameplay or technical so pardon my noobness.

Personally, I would like to just play the 1.63 version.

I have yet to get to the PL part as I am having a hard time wanting to stay in game for very long. I really, really hate what they did to net runner builds. The combat just feels awful.

I want to go back and just stay in the world of 1.63. That game I loved.

and still be able to boot up my legacy saves and play them as they were
Haven't tried my old saves, yet. But I believe it'd be quite a reset, assuming it's a partial, but a whole game overhaul(?) and starting game either from scratch, or from PL (which I did) would make more sense.

It's fair to want to be able to play 1.63> too. I guess, PL could be a separate install and basically make 2 separate games PL and CP2077. But maybe I'm wrong. :)
I really do have strong preference for whatever new thing there is and how it works out with what's known/done already.

Personally, I would like to just play the 1.63 version.

I have yet to get to the PL part as I am having a hard time wanting to stay in game for very long. I really, really hate what they did to net runner builds. The combat just feels awful.

I want to go back and just stay in the world of 1.63. That game I loved.
Glad to know someone else feels the way I do.
Sure 2.0 it's an improvement for many people and by all means they should enjoy the faster pace and more vicious combat mechanics, but that shouldn't come at the cost of the people that fell in love with the game at first sight despite the buggy mess it was on launch, come 1.63 that felt like the place for us.
Post automatically merged:

Haven't tried my old saves, yet. But I believe it'd be quite a reset, assuming it's a partial, but a whole game overhaul(?) and starting game either from scratch, or from PL (which I did) would make more sense.

It's fair to want to be able to play 1.63> too. I guess, PL could be a separate install and basically make 2 separate games PL and CP2077. But maybe I'm wrong. :)
I really do have strong preference for whatever new thing there is and how it works out with what's known/done already.
True, true again I'm not sure about the technicalities at play here but if it were easier to divide the game in two parts rather than add a patch selector option then I'm all for it!
You download the phantom liberty game bundle or the game of the year vers with the full game on 2.0 and dlc otherwise you download a cyberpunk 2077 day one with patch 1.63 and you can choose wether to port those saves onto the new pl version or stick to it as is.

You will still need to create save manager as CDPR does not support backwards compatibility between newer version saves and older saves.

Edit : no company actually does this, might as well be different games.

You will still need to create save manager as CDPR does not support backwards compatibility between newer version saves and older saves.

Edit : no company actually does this, might as well be different games.
Yeah, no I get that I don't want backwards compatability, just not have all my saves updated because the update is mandatory to play I legit got booted off the game whilst playing 1.63 to update it wich is bullshit and I still have my hopes that it didn't auto apply to each single one of my saves by default since I've only loaded one of them in ever since bc of that bs. Plus doesn't minecraft of all things have a patch selector where each specific save has a specific patch attributed to it?

Plus doesn't minecraft of all things have a patch selector where each specific save has a specific patch attributed to it?
On PC, well you can do whatever you want (play the version you want, even 1.7.3 released a decade ag^^).
On consoles, yes, saves have a game version but again, the game have to be updated. Knowing you must update and play the game in the last version (like any other game), you can't play on these saves anyway. Either you load and "update" them to the last game version, either they're just "unusable" and here for the sake of being here.

You know, I am one of those dinosaurs that really dislikes games that are fundamentally changed over time and think that generally video game companies should stick with what they created, otherwise it's like painting over the Mona Lisa and moreover allowing companies to get away with this shows that they are allowed to get away with any shitty practice or half rushed job and it will be okay as long as it gets fixed years later. This is a bad attitude to have.

However as a fan of this game and IP I have to say that ignoring my opinion on this, the game is far superior to what it was even in 1.63 and I think people who are saying the opposite are having a short term nostalgia. There are things that I think should not have been changed, but overall the needed changes outweigh the questionable onea by a lot.

If you're playing on PC and purchased from GOG you can totally do this.

GOG allows you to download a DRM-free copy of the game at any previous patch version. Obviously once you have played/saved a game at a higher version, that save-game is no longer compatible with any previous version. So you'll want to hold onto your old saves and not 'upgrade them' by overwriting then with newer-version saves.

Can't speak for other platforms or modes of purchase.

Man if only console's had this option even though it wouldn't help me rescue my current save file bc I got booted off the game while finishing off with my last 1.63 characters save file (as it was an offline game I didn't think that it'd have an auto boot feature for updates, so I didn't bother to disconnect from the internet.) It'd still be nice to have the option to enjoy the game's past. Oh well guess I'll havdle to take my losses and finish up this save on 2.0.

Top Bottom