Suggested improvement/patch to loot/economy/RNG (devs please read)

+
Just as a perquisite for context I have only just reached level 60 not started PL yet so things may change in the DLC

So I am suggesting a change to the economy, crafting, loot and RNG mechanics:

Firstly it seems completely stupid that to get the best weapons (non iconic) 5++ with ALL mod/scope/muzzle slots it is an RNG loot grind dropped from enemies.
The "correct" way this should be/have been done is vendors sell 5+ legendary weapons (when you reach the appropriate level), and then also sell the crafting specs, then from crafting the weapons you then get a 5++ weapon with all slots available.
As it is now crafting weapons is completely useless as the better weapons drop from RNG mook enemies. As too is buying weapons from vendors!
Now it is a complete grindy RNG drop mechanic from enemies, which goes against the idea of the player levelling up and getting better.
It makes no logical sense that a mook enemy has the best gun in the game where the player cannot even craft the weapon ourselves! (TES oblivion poor scaling flashbacks!)
The better way to do it is that enemies (from scaling) can only drop 5 or 5+ legendary weapons with whatever RNG mods or lack of on the weapon, which the player then breaks down and eventually is able to craft their own better 5++ with all slots available.
So the cycle should be: player engages-loot-deconstruct or sell for money-use money for mods and better weapons-use materials for crafting better weapons-when enough money buy better crafting specs- use materials make the best weapons.
Right now vendors and crafting specs are useless...again as RNG drops are better from enemies!

Also it makes skipping looting an enemy not so "costly" as you would already know he will never have a better weapon than you could craft (unless its an iconic which already has its own unique loot marker)

Even if buying the specs are a hefty price and crafting the 5++ weapons includes a hefty 200+ legendary material component cost, this makes the loot cycle of enemy drops-deconstruction-craft better weapon a more logical and satisfying accomplishment and achievement. As well as a feel of accomplishment and rewarded with choice for our build as it would take too much time, materials and money to craft every weapon as a 5++ so the player has to commit.

Then about weapon mods (would be redundant if the above changes were implemented)
The player should be able to overwrite a weapon mod.
So for example I find a 5++ weapon from an enemy with all slots but 1 of the slots is taken by a trash common mod that i cannot get rid of, well then the gun is trash, gotta decon it and wait for RNGeesus to bless me with a weapon with all slots on the weapon that are empty.
This would be completely negated if the player can just install a higher level mod to overwrite the lower level.
Plus this RNG trash encourages save scumming for min-maxxing!

I understand the idea of RNG so it gives the player a incentive to loot and engage but this is not an MMO, not giving the player the ability to become and have more powerful weapons than the general mook enemies is just bad design.

Lastly, cyberware RNG stats is a massive pain in the ass, it is just a poorly implemented RNG mechanic.
Simple solution is to allow the player to buy/find legendary cyberware and upgrade them to 5++ but after 5++ (where they can no longer roll for extra RNG stats) allow the player to then NOT roll but "upgrade" the cyberware again once or 3 times (with associated perk that gives 3 extra stats on cyberware) to then CHOOSE the stat on the cyberware.
Again if this has a hefty 200 legendary material cost, either per stat or per cyberware upgrade for the 3 stats to allow us to choose all 3 stats in 1 go, this will keep the player engaged with a sense of accomplishment to go out and engage in the world/combat to get the materials to craft the better stats.
Again as it is now with RNG rolls its completely pointless and basically "makes" the player roll again and again wasting materials (then save scum if the stats wanted did not drop) upgrade the cyberware to max where we are unable to roll again, then "forces" the player to repurchase the same cyberware to reroll again.
A tedious grindy process that is not needed!
Exacerbated and more costly considering that at higher levels we can no longer buy lower level cyberware so this RNG rolling is extremely costly!

I hope these words do not fall of deaf ears.
i am not new to games with RNG drops and I play MMOs so I understand their use, just the RNG mechanics in CP2077 are actually a mechanic that harms the quality of this game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom