Phone bug still present

+
20240110_185558.jpg
The damn phone bug is still present. I am almost done with LUCRETIA MY REFLECTION AND AM PERMANENTLY SOFT-LOCKED INTO THE MISSION BECAUSE THE PHONE IS PERMANENTLY DISABLED. What in the Seven Hell's Bells is actually going on here. I took this with my phone to proove that this bug/glitch is still present and am stuck.

I have this same issue, to a point in which i simply have now to stop playing altogether. I can't progress with the main story, can't progress with Phantom Liberty story, can't even go and sleep because if i do, then the fast travel spots and the "skip time" feature gets disabled once i wake up.

I feel very dissappointed right now, this is not a new game that just recently launched... having this type of game-breaking problems, 3 YEARS IN, is simply difficult to justify, specially coming from the same team that gave us The Witcher series, and particulariy painful to returning players like me, who just resumed the game recently (had to stop due to all the issues the game had at launch), purchased the new DLC recently assuming enough time had passed for them to fix it... and here i am, on a sunday morning, writing this instead of playing.

c'mon guys, get your act together!

BTW i opened a ticket, and all i got in response was a "yes, we are aware of the issue, and currently looking into it"... i mean, you guys already have 3 YEARS LOOKING INTO IT... please stop staring at the issue and just fix whatever needs fixing!

If you guys made the choice to make the phone/texts so istrumental and linked to so many instances of the game, then you should have made sure the feature was going to work

Basically, I am so fed up with CD PROJEKT RED at this point, I literally filed a report a problem with Microsoft and asked them to look into this and other game breaking bugs that have been plauging the game for the last 3 years ! Let's see how they fare better than CD PROJEKT looking into and actually finding the root cause.

PATCH 2.11: I played Cyberpunk on PC since it came out. Played the whole story with no issues at all. Then started and finished phantom liberty. Then I started a whole new game to get in touch with PL within the main story. There were no bugs at all UNTIL I did the first PL Missions. I thought it is normal with the prologue, that I can't use my phone or open the map.

I have now over 160 hours of gameplay behind me an now I am stuck with the following bugs:

1) The phone button is always red, but the button is there
2) I can pickup calls, but can't call someone OR read text messages
3) I can't do fast travels, something is buggy. I can't fast-travel at all
4) I can't open the map or my inventory, it is showing the message "You can't do that right now"
5) I can load another save game and everything is back to normal again BUT i will loose 16h of gameplay (that sucks), because all the auto-saves are already buggy!
6) I tried fixing the bug by executing some different comands with the console (reddit thread), but nothing worked.
7) I tried to fix it with a joytoy in the Jig-Jig Street, doesn't work
8) I dont know what to do anymore...

I have had this bug about 10 times now during my new 100+ hour playthrough, all of which began quite far out in the game.
Since the game auto saves very often, I find the best solution to keep my eyes open for the bug and restart from the last autosave as quickly as possible. I hope this solution will be helpful for people until they fix this bug.

FYI - This is at the top of the Technical section.

" This subforum is not a channel of CD PROJEKT RED's Tech Support Team!
If you need to contact our Tech Support Team, please visit the Official Tech Support Website"

Something tells me posting it in the Story section will have even less of a chance of getting a response that will help.

Top Bottom