Places you can visit in witcher 3

+

Attachments

• Witcher Worldmap.jpg
    Witcher Worldmap.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
@Ljesnjanin
Well, it does not fit seriously in some of more important cases (shoreline, rivers, some mountain ranges, Jamurlak' localization), but instead is more faithfull to sources in details like names and localization of the most of cities, villages, natural objects etc.

Meh, all maps are incorrect by the fact that Andrzej Sapkowski do not want to show his own map, of which he is in possession for two decades :p

do we know if Nilfgaard is included yet

As far as we know it isn't, but I wouldn't count out the possibility that one of the smaller maps is in Nilfgaard. Technically speaking, the Toussaint-DLC is in Nilfgaard, but I guess you mean the far south. But if it is in, I guess no one will tell us (for spoiler reasons). ;)

I'm waiting for The Witcher 3 to finish the map. I'll be adding all of the new maps with their cities and topography - and believe me, it will be HUGE.

Sorry, just the german version for now, but there'll be an english version as well, just as with the other one.

It looks splendidly, but... creating that gorgeous map build upon errored CDPR version is not really a good idea... particularly after "Season of Storms" :/
For example, Sapkowski have mentioned land of Emblonia - former kingdom, partitioned by Temeria and Redania at the end of 12th century, located south of the Pontar Delta, between two branches of the Pontar river (southern one is called "Embla"). It should looks a bit like this sketch, though slightly larger:

But it is not the only element to improve :/

particularly after "Season of Storms"
Sapkowski is great...
Nimue: "But you are Geralt! I know everything about you, I know every sign you used..."
Unknown witcher: "Well, there is one you don't know about."
Who knows what will happen in the next book :D :D

It looks splendidly, but... creating that gorgeous map build upon errored CDPR version is not really a good idea... particularly after "Season of Storms" :/
For example, Sapkowski have mentioned land of Emblonia - former kingdom, partitioned by Temeria and Redania at the end of 12th century, located south of the Pontar Delta, between two branches of the Pontar river (southern one is called "Embla"). It should looks a bit like this sketch, though slightly larger:

But it is not the only element to improve :/

Ouch, thanks for the heads-up! You are right, there are many discrepancies I tried to correct somehow, but I really want to merge both the book and the games on the map. I know Mr. Sapkowski sees the games as fan-fiction, but I'm still astonished about how faithfully they continued the story (the ending of the books was really lacking in my opinion, even if that's counted as heresy :D).

And since I only began reading the books because of The Witcher 1, I kind of feel like it's my duty to make some room for CDPR. Emblonia doesn't seem to be that big, I'm sure I can squeeze it in there on the big map, just like Klamat pass and details like that. Thank you again, I would have forgotten to include it!

But I'd love to see a map for the books; I take it you are still working on one? I'm really looking forward to it!

But I'd love to see a map for the books; I take it you are still working on one? I'm really looking forward to it!
Well, I had started drawing sketch of the coastline about year ago, but resigned because of my own idleness :/

Maybe it is the time to wake up and finish it. But not alone... If I did it ownself, it would be another map full of errors. I'll finish the coastline and sketch of the mountains, then will come the time of starting new thread on forums - it is necessary to find all mistakes of previous maps and correct them.

But then, a year or two... Sapkowski comes with new book and another map will must be made -_-

Top Bottom