Remember when CDPR cared about immersion?

+
Why am i firing rockets out my arm an lightning out my arse? Because its a game

Read the clothing description, majority is bullet proof aswell as various other "perks"

Referring back to the Cyberpunk 2020 rulebooks....
Core book gives a "combat vest" an SP (Stopping Power, the armour value in the game) of 14 to 20 (light to heavy vest).
The source book Chrome 4 allows for custom clothing and you can make a T shirt with up to SP 24.

Why does a t-shirt have a higher armour rating than a combat vest?
That's why.

Plus, it's a game.

Why does a t-shirt have a higher armour rating than a combat vest?

because its not really "armor" its a defense value, which has quite limiting effect... all it does is reducing DPS taken, where 100 points of armor reduce 10 points of DPS taken... so at 1000 armor, you effectively reduce 100 from enemy DPS... imagine enemy have a weapon that does 500 DPS - you will take 400 DPS if they hit you...

Read the clothing description, majority is bullet proof aswell as various other "perks"

"Because its a game" ok sure lets just completely forgo any sense of realism, lets just have cops spawn right behind you when you commit a crime noone could even see - oh wait...

No ammount of lore or clothing description can excuse why a singlet has a higher armor rating than a bulletproof vest.

Im pretty sure a bulet proof vest made of the same future materials as the shirt, but
Core book gives a "combat vest" an SP (Stopping Power, the armour value in the game) of 14 to 20 (light to heavy vest).
The source book Chrome 4 allows for custom clothing and you can make a T shirt with up to SP 24.

That's why.

Plus, it's a game.

Key word there is custom clothing. You dont buy those from a shop its custom made for you. The custom made 'combat vest' will have higher than 24 SP. Comparing apples to oranges...

YIKES.png

Yikes.

So either people complain that they can't dress like they want because of armor rating, or they complain about clothing that has too high of an armor rating.

Find another hill to die on, people.

That's why.

Plus, it's a game.

"Plus, it's a game." So why can't V fly then? Why can't I just drive through a building to get to where I need to go? No point in applying any sense of realism or logic right? Its just game.

"Because its a game" ok sure lets just completely forgo any sense of realism, lets just have cops spawn right behind you when you commit a crime noone could even see - oh wait...

No ammount of lore or clothing description can excuse why a singlet has a higher armor rating than a bulletproof vest.

Realism?? Seriously, maybe you should grab a coffee and think that one through

You can be totally fine with blades or rockets coming out your arms, aswell as every other various enhancement but you cant seem to wrap your head around actual clothing that is designed to protect and look good at the same time and if you have the edddies be of higher calibre than say military grade

Your thinking seems firmly stuck in real world context, your not in the real world, your in Night City where eddies will buy you anything including sexy clothing that will protect you better than any military gear
Post automatically merged:

"Plus, it's a game." So why can't V fly then? Why can't I just drive through a building to get to where I need to go? No point in applying any sense of realism or logic right? Its just game.

Because it wasnt implemented, same with a hella lot of things apparently

Yeah I want to climb walls (without glitching of course).

Realism?? Seriously, maybe you should grab a coffee and think that one through

You can be totally fine with blades or rockets coming out your arms, aswell as every other various enhancement but you cant seem to wrap your head around actual clothing that is designed to protect and look good at the same time and if you have the edddies be of higher calibre than say military grade

Your thinking seems firmly stuck in real world context, your not in the real world, your in Night City where eddies will buy you anything including sexy clothing that will protect you better than any military gear
Post automatically merged:

Because it wasnt implemented, same with a hella lot of things apparently

Blades or rockets coming out of your arms makes at least some logical sense in a futuristic world. Its also animated so you can see where the blades and rockets come out of V arms. If it was a massive anti-tank cannon coming out of his arm I might have an issue with that.

What doesn't make any sense at all is how an Arasaka military personel in combat gear has a lower armour rating than a street choom in a singlet.

Don't have to defend everything CDPR does mun, pretty sure the point OP is getting at is that them itemization and loot system in this game is garbage.

Also firing rockets out of your arm and lightning out your ass makes sense in the context of the lore, t-shirt having more stopping power than a bullet proof vest though? Not so much.

That's why.

There's still that your higly customized clothing that tops combat vests, to my recollection isn't a 10-50 €b rag that you can find in any backalley dumpster.

Verisimiltude is something of a thing with games. Or should be to an extent at least if the game is one that wants to be taken seriously on some level.

Good job defending a game advertised for it's "immersive-ness"..

The game industry getting worse and "passionless" thanks to players like you...

Immersion or not, it is still a pointless argument to raise

Anyway I try it myself, maybe the t-shirt is made of mithril?

Top Bottom