Request for New Features in Witcher 4

+
Hi,

I LOVE with Witcher 3 and its DLCs . I'm on a new play through after finishing the games a couple of years ago .

One feature that I wish any new Witcher game has is a way to inspect(?) an item to see what components it will Dismantle into. This would be useful when sorting/figuring out which items from Stash you want to Sell or Dismantle (for crafting resources). Along the same lines, it would be nice to be able to Mark to Sell items from Inventory, and Sell All or Sell one at a time. I've seen this feature in other games (can't remember name) and found it quite useful.

Thanks.

1) You can go to any smith, switch to Dismantle tab, then select and item (without actual pressing "Dismantle" button), and you will see the list of components you receive. It's quite logical that you can't really define it by yourself. Though, it would be nice if this interface was telling you *amount* of items you are going to receive (which is especially important in case of jewelry).
2) "Mark to sell" every single club you loot from bandits? Ugh, that won't really help much. "Mark to keep" on items (/item stacks) which you'd rather keep for yourself sounds more logical!

Hey,
I have some ideas for monster design:

Storm Elemental
A sparse (can split into multiple parts, flow around the player, and then merge again) entity with no physical body - it's made of twisting wind (like a small tornado), sometimes two sparkling yellow "eyes" show themselves and then disappear again.
It strikes with blasts of directed wind (they can be deflected using Aard) and ranged lighting attacks (blockable by Quen; Yrden could have some cool interactions - maybe absorb it or reflect it back). It can lift objects (including humans) in the air and smash them to the ground, nearby walls, etc...
It only shows during heavy storms with lighting, mostly in flat areas like fields, meadows, or lakes,...and very rarely in cities!
It's weak to fire, chemicals, wind,...

Goblins
The classic. They live in groups, bite kick, punch, throw rocks, or use primitive weapons like branches,...

Snow "weasel"
It's a monster I made up. It looks like a bigger weasel with white fur. It lives in snowy areas where it hunts with its teeth and claws. It moves effortlessly on the snow, and It's not afraid to attack bigger prey.

Ashen imp
A small little annoying f*cker which lives in dry abandoned buildings. It rarely, mostly by accident, sets them on fire. It fights by jumping around, scratching and biting enemies until they bleed out, and rarely spits hot ash.

And some ideas for locations & themes:

- it could be cool to have some places which would look like from LotR, or heavily influenced by Gothic architecture

- what about a village in which live ghosts of the dead? It would appear only on a full moon. There could be a quest to go there, talk to them, and e.g. find out who killed one of them,... - get a testimony from the dead :O (Eh, I just connected that it's basically the mice tower quest from the Witcher 3 :D)

Hi,
I'm new here and have wanted to post my feedback suggestions for a while now about some really frustrating gameplay / upgrade system mechanics...

INVENTORY UPGRADE SYSTEM

PROBLEM: Upgrade system too insignigicant percentage-wise

How many times have we been doing a quest or stumbling upon a SWORD OR ARMOR for example, and it was sometimes just a meagre 1 or 2 % better weapon in terms of damage / armor etc.?

The same goes for CRAFTING: The amount of time I spent micromanaging resources to craft items for best results... only to gain a few PERCENT? And the meagre yield percentage of those precious RUNE STONES is just as frustrating.

SOLUTION: Just make upgrades MEANINGFUL and SIGNIFICANT so we as players can FEEL IT!!! At the very least 10% for each upgrade level so players can actually NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE!

===

CHARACTER/COMBAT UPGRADE SYSTEM

PROBLEM: Too few upgrade points!

A related problem is with Geralt's upgrade skill point abilities... I mean, why have all these cool diverse upgrade mechanics available but you have to pick only the few levels you can afford? Why not be more generous to the player!?

I just wanted to be able to use all these amazing different upgrades. Just imagine what a BEAST Geralt could BECOME!

SOLUTION: Make MORE SKILL POINTS AVAILABLE!

===

CONCLUSION

I have a guess that one reason the developers didn't give a player more ability points is not to make Geralt an undefeatable BEAST as I mentioned earlier... But I counter: WHY NOT?

Why not simply raise the enemy levels higher in that case the more ability points you earned?

BECAUSE THE MAIN ISSUE IS THIS...

I don't plan on playing the Witcher 3 anytime soon or again in my lifetime because it was already an epic experience (150+ hours). So I basically missed out on a lot of different cool combat / upgrade variations just because the developer forced me into a stingy narrow-minded playstyle because they couldn't figure out a better way to SCALE the game with your Character level. That's the feeling I got.

I mean, honestly... what's the point of this stingy tiny percentage when it is hardly noticable and just waste players precious time? I don't know why anyone thought this would be a good idea. IT JUST ISN'T NOTICEABLE ENOUGH.

And as much as I was overwhelmed at the countless upgrade skill types and wished it was a bit more trimmed down, more accessible and manageble, I also believe there are a lot people who love these countless micromanage options. Becaues the nature of RPG's is to have lots of OPTIONS in general to suit every playstyle. So I'm not against that. Otherwise I should just put the difficulty on easy and just focus on the main story.

===

So my hope is, to anyone at CDPR, to just make these upgrades more meaningful/significant, be more generous with skill points / upgrades so we don't feel we are MISSING OUT on the game. And just make everything a bit more managable and less confusing, complex and overwhelming.

Life is too short to spend half the time in-game micromanaging, unless you personally like to do that. I think that's what everyone can agree on.

Thanks
Rez

We should be able to go stealth to some extent. This could affect some quests for example in witcher 3 while we are in the oxenfurt prison trying to save margarita and sile breaking stealth status could change the outcome of the quest like, maybe we could have been able to rescue sile while she was getting tortured if we fully stealthed the quest or she would have been executed if they heard us coming. Or the auction house heist could've been stealthed fully depending on your choices and stealth. Also some dynamic area changes mid-combat would be a nice addition, not like you get a monster to half health and it starts running away, more like when fighting in a cave using aard could cause the ground to collapse and move the fight under ground for example. Also wandering merchants can be more than what they are in witcher 3 like they could sell some random unique stuff like medallions from other witcher schools and some rare materials for example. Also some parkour would be a great addition like when we chase Dettlaff after he kills Peyrac-Peyran could've been a parkour chase instead of a cutscene if we were able to parkourbesides i think it's a necessity that witchers should be able to parkour.

Last edited:
I think that's what everyone can agree on.
Hey,
I agree with all your points.

Also, I find levelling up to be faster and faster as the game progresses. It takes several hours in White Orchard to get to levels 2-5 and only a few hours to level up at bigger events like the battle of Kaer Morhen; there you grow from 30-35 so fast you don't even notice.

The crafting point is on the spot for me as well. The micromanaging is too real.

The percentual bonuses indeed feel worthless. What about if most of the skills were available from the start?

Hey,
I agree with all your points.

Also, I find levelling up to be faster and faster as the game progresses. It takes several hours in White Orchard to get to levels 2-5 and only a few hours to level up at bigger events like the battle of Kaer Morhen; there you grow from 30-35 so fast you don't even notice.

The crafting point is on the spot for me as well. The micromanaging is too real.

The percentual bonuses indeed feel worthless. What about if most of the skills were available from the start?
Yes, I agree!

Hey,
the thing I would like to see is "configurable gameplay" - by that, I mean that a player would be able to configure some of the gameplay elements like:
- automatic potions refill
- equipment degradation (%)
- infinite torches
- infinite stamina (swimming, running, riding a horse, walking through poisonous areas,...)
- infinite gold :oops:
- EXP multiplier ratio (level up faster or slower)

These could remove boundaries of different playstyles and players willing to invest different amounts of time.
Another option would be to include a "cheat console" natively to the game (I have seen one, but I don't know if it's native or a mod)

Definitelly get rid of scalling level. Scalling level is one of the worst thing in RPG. Wolf is always a wolf and ghul is always a ghul. Witcher 3 was a great game with awesome story, but this part of gameplay was ridicolous.

Also monsters in witchers contracts - they should be somehow unique/epic, becuase in W3 it was usually a disappointment when we met a standard monster at the end of interesting mission.

And as a mix of the above two points - some epic optional bosses, because the griffin at level 50 was not interesting at all in this role, especially after previous encounters with similar ones.

Definitelly get rid of scalling level. Scalling level is one of the worst thing in RPG. Wolf is always a wolf and ghul is always a ghul. Witcher 3 was a great game with awesome story, but this part of gameplay was ridicolous.
You know that in TW3, level scaling is optional?
(not sure for NG+, but in "normal" game, it is^^)

You know that in TW3, level scaling is optional?
(not sure for NG+, but in "normal" game, it is^^)
I don't remember the details, because I played W3 long time ago, but as far as I remember we spotted same monsters with different levels in different areas. Anyway, my post is still valid, and I don't like scalling level in RPG at all :)

I don't remember the details, because I played W3 long time ago, but as far as I remember we spotted same monsters with different levels in different areas. Anyway, my post is still valid, and I don't like scalling level in RPG at all :)
Ah it's not the same ;)
Scaling enemies depending of the area, is not "level scaling" like in Cyberpunk.
In Cyberpunk (new to 2.0), enemies "follow" the player level no matter where you are. In TW3 (like it was in Cyberpunk before 2.0), enemies level are set in function of the area they are/spawn.

In TW3, the optional system is rather an "upscaling" . Enemies spawn normally, their level is set depending to the area they are. But if you enable the option, their level can increase depending of the player level. So you still can encounter way higher level enemies than you, but never lower (it make exploring a bit more interesting and challenging because you will never encounter very low level enemies which are just a piece of cake to defeat and well, boring...).

To be honest, leveled enemies is something I don't know how they can do without. As long as the players have a decent character progression, enemies have to progress too...

Ah it's not the same ;)
Scaling enemies depending of the area, is not "level scaling" like in Cyberpunk.
In Cyberpunk (new to 2.0), enemies "follow" the player level no matter where you are. In TW3 (like it was in Cyberpunk before 2.0), enemies level are set in function of the area they are/spawn.

In TW3, the optional system is rather an "upscaling" . Enemies spawn normally, their level is set depending to the area they are. But if you enable the option, their level can increase depending of the player level. So you still can encounter way higher level enemies than you, but never lower (it make exploring a bit more interesting and challenging because you will never encounter very low level enemies which are just a piece of cake to defeat and well, boring...).

To be honest, leveled enemies is something I don't know how they can do without. As long as the players have a decent character progression, enemies have to progress too...
Yes, if we would like to be precise about terms you right :) But, basically that what you wrote means that one wolf has level 5 and another level 30. But what I mean is that wolf is always a wolf, and has no level. Solution is very simple and it was used in many RPG's - Progression is no enemy level but enemy type.

Yes, if we would like to be precise about terms you right :) But, basically that what you wrote means that one wolf has level 5 and another level 30. But what I mean is that wolf is always a wolf, and has no level. Solution is very simple and it was used in many RPG's - Progression is no enemy level but enemy type.
Yeah, but I could be wrong, but wolf are quite rare and never go higher than 5 (for the brawn/boss one). It's like "wild" dogs, there always level 1.
But it's true for monsters (you can find drowners level 5 and level 30...)
It could require so much enemy/monster types to fill the entire map. We will see, but it seem quite difficult :(

Yeah, but I could be wrong, but wolf are quite rare and never go higher than 5 (for the brawn/boss one). It's like "wild" dogs, there always level 1.
But it's true for monsters (you can find drowners level 5 and level 30...)
It could require so much enemy/monster types to fill the entire map. We will see, but it seem quite difficult :(
It should be not that difficult, for example let stick to the wolfs ;) If you want to reuse them in many areas you can do forest wolf, snow wolf, cave wolf and for example dark wolf. They are differ in size, details and strenght. Also can be a alfa wolfs among them. In a few games which I remeber they didn't even need different types of the same creature to avoid leveling. The witcher world is rich in monsters, so I'm sure that CDPR can handle it. Practice from other games shows that is possible and works perfectly fine.

It should be not that difficult, for example let stick to the wolfs ;) If you want to reuse them in many areas you can do forest wolf, snow wolf, cave wolf and for example dark wolf.
There are already normal wolves (level 1-5) in White Orchard and white/snow wolves (level 10-15) at Skellige. The same for bears (regular and white one at Skellige). There are already some monster variantions (there are two variant of drowners for example).
Finding the exact same monster type with different level is quite rare as far as I remember ;)

- Taming monsters
- Proper and effective melee/ranged (defensive/offensive/group styles) dual wielding (axes, shields, daggers, knifes, crossbows, etc...)
- Owning customizable lots
- More mini-games challenges, contracts, and free roam activities

Hi,

I LOVE with Witcher 3 and its DLCs . I'm on a new play through after finishing the games a couple of years ago .

One feature that I wish any new Witcher game has is a way to inspect(?) an item to see what components it will Dismantle into. This would be useful when sorting/figuring out which items from Stash you want to Sell or Dismantle (for crafting resources). Along the same lines, it would be nice to be able to Mark to Sell items from Inventory, and Sell All or Sell one at a time. I've seen this feature in other games (can't remember name) and found it quite useful.

Thanks.
You know what I agree with the select items too sell a few other good things too add would be a outfit system that will change the look of YOURE gear

better upscaling of gear when starting a new game + above level 98
AERONDIGHT max level is 98 regardless it’s max power is 1008-1235 at max let it scale up move

give us a quest too do with our romantic partner or Ciri or dandelion after the main story of blood and wine let other characters visit us if we are with Triss or yen add 3 more ability, slots for general abilities and a give us build slots for different builds

Top Bottom